What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Abandoning my plans to visit Dick Turpin's grave,  feeling slightly robbed 

Never mind, I assume you went to the other place.

image.png

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am getting so bored watching BBC and ITV in the morning that I have found myself on occasions watching RT Today. 

Now I know there is also BBC News and SKY News etc but the lack of credible world news (unless it is related to LGBT/BLM/George Floyd/Palestine or knocking Boris) then sees me finding myself looking at Al Jazeera to get up to date with what is going on in the world and RT Today to just get some good debates.

I find that sad that I feel the media in the UK is trying to persuade me in one direction and I count myself as a moderate but I never felt this angry before about what is on my morning TV.

RT Today was great and I was watching Peter Lavelle and his Crosstalk program.  Really enjoyed it as they allow people to actually speak their mind. One guy, Lionel (AKA Michael Willian Lebron) was so charismatic, incredibly animated and obviously quite a diamond in the rough but loved his style even though I might not agree with everything he says but it was nice to hear people allowed their opinion.  Might make RT Today my early morning program to watch.

Disclaimer:  I am just adding what I was doing today with a comment, I didn't put this in the politics section because I don't do politics except in my home watching TV with my family..

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I am getting so bored watching BBC and ITV in the morning that I have found myself on occasions watching RT Today. 

Now I know there is also BBC News and SKY News etc but the lack of credible world news (unless it is related to LGBT/BLM/George Floyd/Palestine or knocking Boris) then sees me finding myself looking at Al Jazeera to get up to date with what is going on in the world and RT Today to just get some good debates.

I find that sad that I feel the media in the UK is trying to persuade me in one direction and I count myself as a moderate but I never felt this angry before about what is on my morning TV.

RT Today was great and I was watching Peter Lavelle and his Crosstalk program.  Really enjoyed it as they allow people to actually speak their mind. One guy, Lionel (AKA Michael Willian Lebron) was so charismatic, incredibly animated and obviously quite a diamond in the rough guy but loved his style even though I might agree with everything he says but it was nice to hear people allowed their opinion.  Might make RT Today my early morning program to watch.

Disclaimer:  I am just adding what I was doing today with a comment, I didn't put this in the politics section because I don't do politics except in my home watching TV with my family..

I've been saying the same thing to friends for a few years now. 

• Like 2

Getting ready to drive to Valley Park in Purley to look at and buy a Memory foam pillow/s from the Dunelm store.

Been waking up with  stiff neck (amongst other body parts). My pillows are as hard as rock, may even buy a memory foam topper for the mattress as well. 

Anyone here had any experiences with memory foam, good or bad? 

Do they stand up to biting? 😊

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

The lawn mower engineer springs into life.... slowly and unenthusiastically.

My brother has broken the rope starter on his mower.... 

Need one of these...saw it in action yesterday...

20210527-IMG_7928.jpg

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Getting ready to drive to Valley Park in Purley to look at and buy a Memory foam pillow/s from the Dunelm store.

Been waking up with  stiff neck (amongst other body parts). My pillows are as hard as rock, may even buy a memory foam topper for the mattress as well. 

A good pillow is worth it's weight in gold, as for memory foam toppers, they are great too if the mattress suits you!

• Like 2

Now watching my favourite YouTube channels on my tv .... makes a huge difference, before I only ever watched them on iPad .. but after realising I could watch the UEFA final on YouTube via BT sport , it's a game changer for me .... I maybe the last person on earth to discover this  🙂 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Now watching my favourite YouTube channels on my tv .... makes a huge difference, before I only ever watched them on iPad .. but after realising I could watch the UEFA final on YouTube via BT sport , it's a game changer for me .... I maybe the last person on earth to discover this  🙂 

I usually find what I want on my phone, then just cast it to the TV. Or start watching something on my laptop, then check in YT history on TV to continue. 

Welcome to the word of Technology. Lol.

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Everything I have on my laptop can be seen on my TV via HDMI.  Will be watching the Brentford v Swansea game via HDMI this afternoon. 

My Smart TV already has YouTube though.

22 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Once you've had a memory foam mattress topper or mattress, you'll never go back. They are bloody epic mate and since buying ours it's been absolute bliss.

I initially found the memory foam pillows slightly too soft, and they get warm quickly but again, once you get used to them they are great, however, I understand what you also use pillows for another practice when you're alone in the bedroom, for this a memory foam pillow is ideal, but be aware they take longer to dry out than regular ones.

Edited by Butch

On 5/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, coxyhog said:

Just bought 24 bottles of vino from Sainsburys without leaving my seat.25% off of 6 bottles or more & all but 2 bottles were already reduced.Can't afford not to😆🍷!

Oh & btw all new world wines I'm giving up buying European stuff.

I spunked £75 on a case in Majestic yesterday, some lovely Barolo and Ruscany Reds along with 2 SA (Stellenbosch) White and a sicilian. Not had a chance to open one yet, it's a nice day so will put the Garden furniture out , open the parasol and maybe indulge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Going to take my Grandson to Halfords this afternoon to choose and hopefully buy a bicycle for his Birthday.

He is very excited, as I was when I got my first proper bike without stabilisers. Going to get a helmet, gloves and kneepads to be on the safe side. That's just for me 😁

Booked a table for later at Toby Carvery. But not much fun when you can't go up yourself for seconds and thirds and have to ask the waiter instead, who then knows that you are a greedy bastard. It's the only place he likes, second the Mc Donalds. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Butch said:

I spunked £75 on a case in Majestic yesterday, some lovely Barolo and Ruscany Reds along with 2 SA (Stellenbosch) White and a sicilian. Not had a chance to open one yet, it's a nice day so will put the Garden furniture out , open the parasol and maybe indulge.

My 24 bottles averaged out at £5.75 each,with most of them being £8-£10 normally.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

My 24 bottles averaged out at £5.75 each,with most of them being £8-£10 normally.

That's a damn good deal. Tesco's used to have a "fine wines" section which they discontinued after a while sadly, but still occasionally do the "buy 6 and get 25% off" deal.

Majestic had a Rose sale on yesterday, shame though because Rose gives me horrific heartburn.

Be careful if you ever meet up with @Nightcrawler, last time the tight git put some Blue Nun through the Sodastream and tried to pass it off as Champagne.

• Haha 2