What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

Staying 300 metres from Harlech Castle and I cant get Zulu and the Men of Harlech song out of my head.

I had so many sand bags to stop the October flood water getting into the House in Bangsaray I renamed it "Rorke's Drift."

They have just finished putting in a whole new line of very large drains which hopefully will make the late rainy season flooding a thing of the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched Time on BBC.

Was very good, realistic. 

Gonna control myself and not stay up watching the rest of it on iplayer.

Jimmy McGovern and Stephen Graham, you just know it's going to be good ...

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I'm already downloading the next episode, can't wait 55 

18 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Was good, very intense. Not having been inside I cannot imagine what prison must be like but watching that has curbed me of any criminal desires I may have had. Even a  night in a Wetherspoons pub would be preferable to that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

Was good, very intense. Not having been inside I cannot imagine what prison must be like but watching that has curbed me of any criminal desires I may have had. Even a  night in a Wetherspoons pub would be preferable to that.

Think you will find the same clientele in both. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Saw her at Wembley Arena in 1990 then in the same week saw U2 & The Pretenders at Wembley Stadium.That was a good week.

Saw her in Paris on that European tour, great gig. Wow, 31 years ago, time flies.

Edited by bob lt
  • Like 1

The electrical authority advised there would be an eight our power outage in our area for upgrades.  It turned out closer to nine hours.  But we decided we'd spend our day on the beach, on a day with very strong cooling winds, so no water sports.

BanPheWindy.jpg

We had a nice meal (photo in food thread) and then the sun started coming out.  The rest of clan tko decided to go look at the waves while I settled in with a new book on my kindle.

ClanTKO.jpg

After that we stopped at a German restaurant for some takeaway and returned to our still un-powered house, but we're live now.

• Like 1

Been chasing up Accor Group for a refund from March 2020 ...... they cancelled my booking , but said Brazilian law allowed them 12 months to repay .... hotel has since closed permanently... so trying to get funds back through head office ... exchange rate has moved significantly as well , so want my refund in £ .... fingers crossed 

39 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Been chasing up Accor Group for a refund from March 2020 ...... they cancelled my booking , but said Brazilian law allowed them 12 months to repay .... hotel has since closed permanently... so trying to get funds back through head office ... exchange rate has moved significantly as well , so want my refund in £ .... fingers crossed 

Just received a full refund for my cancelled flight to Canada.  The Canadian government have bailed out Airtransat. 

Having a celebratory pint down the pub.

20210607_161542.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Getting ready for another 12 hour nightshift.

My "magic bullet" in case of fatigue is a sachet of "birdy" coffee , which I purchased in 7/11 on my last trip, (5 large bagfuls) I'm getting low on supplies now.