What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Up too early on the longest day of the year - 19 hours and 9 minutes of daylight; hopefully it is a warm and somewhat sunny day as I finish some outside painting I've been working on...

We get just over 16 hours .. 

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

We get just over 16 hours .. 

Not quite 13 hours, here in Thailand.  TW was amazed at how much the hours of daylight changed over the year in Texas, and we were pretty far south.

EDIT:  I won't mention the two years I spent on assignment in Norway.

Edited by tko
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Jambo said:

Just come back from having dinner with my Daughters at the local Pub/restaurant.

Me in the beer garden with my first pint of real proper Scottish heavy.

No more effing lager!

IMG20210621191630.jpg

Cheers!

Wow, looking good dan, you lost loads of weight since I last see ya.

Well done!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from work after being told we are going to be joining the mass ranks of the unemployed. 

Finally announced they are shutting the warehouse and we are being sent to Coventry. Literally. 😀

We knew it was happening some time in the near future, now we know it's October. We have outgrown the current place so need a bigger building, and overhead are less there. Severance deal seems like it's gonna be ok, enhanced redundancy package plus 2 months loyalty bonus if we stay until October. 

Don't bother me at all as I'm fed up with the place anyway and need a change. Least I now know things are happening. Been there 19 years so will do okay out of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just filled in an online application for my wife's visa for Greece;  what a bloody pain that was.  Had to send an email with itinerary attached as well, again a pretty annoying action.  Just waiting for the appointment now which will require a trip to London, another pain.

Should have gone to Turkey lol, no visa needed there. 

36 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from work after being told we are going to be joining the mass ranks of the unemployed. 

Finally announced they are shutting the warehouse and we are being sent to Coventry. Literally. 😀

We knew it was happening some time in the near future, now we know it's October. We have outgrown the current place so need a bigger building, and overhead are less there. Severance deal seems like it's gonna be ok, enhanced redundancy package plus 2 months loyalty bonus if we stay until October. 

Don't bother me at all as I'm fed up with the place anyway and need a change. Least I now know things are happening. Been there 19 years so will do okay out of it. 

Redundancy was one of the best things to happen to me , glad you have a positive attitude towards it 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Redundancy was one of the best things to happen to me , glad you have a positive attitude towards it 

It's not just the same since the new owners took over about 3 years ago. Most people ain't happy and ain't sad to see it end. 

Been wanting a new job for a while now but was just waiting for redundancy. So I'll just chill for a while before I look for a new job. Got 3 months to think about what I want to do in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

It's not just the same since the new owners took over about 3 years ago. Most people ain't happy and ain't sad to see it end. 

Been wanting a new job for a while now but was just waiting for redundancy. So I'll just chill for a while before I look for a new job. Got 3 months to think about what I want to do in the future. 

Seen you complain about your new owners a few times.

Yea, sit it out, get the payout, hopefully by that time you can take a holiday somewhere to de-stress from all this bollocks. 

The holiday in September done us the world of good, hoping to go again next month. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bazle said:

Just had lunch with a friend in a Thai restaurant in Hitchin, Herts. I loved this picture in the loo:

20210622_131913.jpg

Seen this in a Thai restaurant we were at a couple of weeks back. 

20210517_132953.jpg

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Managed to go through the electric cable whilst mowing my Dads lawns ... 555

debating whether to buy a replacement cable or a cordless lawnmower... his is probably 40 years old , quite heavy and the grass bag is starting to go ...

Did that last year myself when mowing the lawn after a few ales, you need to be careful as it’s pretty dangerous……

• Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Did that last year myself when mowing the lawn after a few ales, you need to be careful as it’s pretty dangerous……

It just went right through it , no sparks, bangs or anything... just lots of swearing from me 555

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

debating whether to buy a replacement cable or a cordless lawnmower... his is probably 40 years old , quite heavy and the grass bag is starting to go ...

Ouch!

I much prefer mum's petrol mower as it has no cord to cut through. The only issue I have is remembering to buy petrol for it....

I'd be interested in your findings about that new mower when you've had a chance to run it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I did away with corded mowers over 30 years ago after I nearly did similar with a flymow. I bought a Victa Valiant petrol mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. It was quite expensive at the time, But believe it or not, I am still using it today and I have only put 2 replacement spark plugs in it and petrol of course!

It will probably go bang now the next time I use it, although it worked fine yesterday.

I do have a corded strimmer, but I plug it into a fast acting RCD just in case I catch the cord, although most stuff is double insulated these days!

When I checked into my new flat to start my 10 day self isolation I discovered my daughters had stocked the fridge, freezer and storage cupboards with plenty of food and snacks for me. Unfortunately, much of that was not exactly in line with the low carb diet I have been on for many weeks.

So I left the packs of KP dry roasted nuts, frazles, Bournville chocolate, frozen curries etc etc and the two bottles of my favorite Rioja well alone.

Did I heck! 🤣

I have also eaten out twice with them and had a few pints of proper real beer since being let out.

I bought a set of bathroom scales yesterday and with a great deal of trepidation I weighed myself this morning. To my absolute amazement I have not put any weight on still having lost 13 kilo's since I started this diet.

It is BBQ time tomorrow and already booked PUB lunch on Sunday but from Monday I am back on the low carb diet. If only the pub wasn't 2 minutes walk down the hill. 🤣

• Like 3