What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Had what I thought was a bad cold since Monday, my daughter I think brought it home from school.

Then I read @boydeste's post on the holiday in Europe thread, so decided to do a test.

Thankfully is seems it's just as I thought ...

20210715_112820.jpg

When these first came out, and NHS workers were having to test bi-weekly, youd be amazed at the number of staff who, having not read the book properly,  thought that a line against C meant you had covid....

I still do one if I know I am going to be in close proximity of other people that day. Did one on Friday before a docs appointment, only to, I think, leave half the fluff from the swab up my nose and so was sneezing all the time!

1 minute ago, Painter said:

When these first came out, and NHS workers were having to test bi-weekly, youd be amazed at the number of staff who, having not read the book properly,  thought that a line against C meant you had covid....

I still do one if I know I am going to be in close proximity of other people that day. Did one on Friday before a docs appointment, only to, I think, leave half the fluff from the swab up my nose and so was sneezing all the time!

Yea, i'm the same. My work say you 'should' not 'must' do them twice a week. But i only do them if i'm going to see people inside, or if any of my household is ill. 

Probable do one before the London meet next month!

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

No problem with frogs, but plenty of bird life from King fishers to Oyster catchers. 

Too many birds near me.  Took the car out of the garage the other day and it got dive bombed by seagulls.  Elbow grease and soap didn't move the worst of what they left, and neither did WD40 so I'm trying baking soda now.  Fortunately a fox got the chick the other night so it's quietened down a bit now.

• Like 1

Another rainy day here in my locale - lazed around the house yesterday and will probably have a pub afternoon as it's cheap draft day in my two most regular locals.  I went downtown to our gov't run liquor store today and was first in the door at 0900 - one side benefit of Covid is that they open for seniors only between 0900-1000 and I can be in and out of there in five minutes...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KWA said:

Too many birds near me.  Took the car out of the garage the other day and it got dive bombed by seagulls.  Elbow grease and soap didn't move the worst of what they left, and neither did WD40 so I'm trying baking soda now.  Fortunately a fox got the chick the other night so it's quietened down a bit now.

When you find a formula that works let us know. Bird shit is bloody awful to remove. Fortunately here on my porch (feeder central) in the U.S. the birds here know better than to shit where they eat. In my CM condo the fucking pigeons are too fucking stupid to know better. Dog awful cleaning up pigeon shit 14 stories up. Kunts !

Edited by Glasseye

Celebrating with a g+t.

One year and one week ago I had an offer accepted on a property.

Today, we finally exchanged contracts!

Why so long....? No power of attorney,  and the court of protection took 15 months to sort out a deputyship application ....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Painter said:

Celebrating with a g+t.

Why so long....? No power of attorney,  and the court of protection took 15 months to sort out a deputyship application ....

Well done🥳

I had to go down the court of protection route with my Mum a view year's back when her dementia really took over her life and ability to cope.  Separately am now selling a property and boy is that dragging.

Doing both together, now that's pain. Enjoy the G & T.

46 minutes ago, Painter said:

Celebrating with a g+t.

Congrats mate, lets hope the completion goes through without a hitch.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Well done🥳

I had to go down the court of protection route with my Mum a view year's back when her dementia really took over her life and ability to cope.  Separately am now selling a property and boy is that dragging.

Doing both together, now that's pain. Enjoy the G & T.

Not quite as bad as my post implied, sorry, too much gin! The deputyship case was on the sellers side, but obviously took longer than "pre covid" days. Without it they couldn't sell to me. Fortunately I was a cash buyer, living temporarily in a property I usually rent out.

Hope your deal goes through soon.

• Thanks 1

I just signed a deal on a new Toyota Fortuner.  I've been driving one for nearly seven years, and it's been an excellent vehicle.  The improved features and fuel efficiency of the  newer model made me decide to make the change.

Toyota made a fair offer on my trade in, but the sales girl suggested she bring a broker in, too.  He beat their price by 50KBaht.

Delivery at the end of the month.

• Like 2

Just been playing around with dates to rearange our ferry booking so we don't loose any money. Fortunately P&O offer a book with confidence package during Covid times that allows you to change dates free of charge.

The sun is out and it's a beer day, so the plan is to walk 5 miles then cool off with a few pints down my local beer garden.

• Like 4

On 7/17/2021 at 1:44 AM, Painter said:

Celebrating with a g+t.

So you will be coming back over soon...............or maybe not

Eating brekkie whilst supping tea, waiting for my head to clear after yesterdays indulgence down the pub.

Since I have cut my alcohol intake down, I find myself getting drunk much easier. That seems like a good thing apart from the hangovers are worse too!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Wondering what to do about my Slingbox which seems to have packed in.  The service is being discontinued next year anyway, and I hardly evver use it nowadays, but it's served me well over the years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KWA said:

Wondering what to do about my Slingbox which seems to have packed in.  The service is being discontinued next year anyway, and I hardly evver use it nowadays, but it's served me well over the years.

Sling it away. :default_fun:

• Haha 3