What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, fforest said:

The flooring looks great...Pretty good for a retired guy....

Hahaha....I tried retirement but it just didn't work for me. After 6 months I was bored out of my mind. Plus I really do love what I do. With all this covid and the lockdowns going on I haven't missed a days work as construction is considered a necessary service. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, tko said:

An honest question about roads, etc in the UK.  I used to drive to my folks place nearly 300 miles away (SE Texas to North central Texas) in around 4 hours with a stop midway there.

If you are doing 300 miles in 4 hours, including a stop. You must be averaging around 80 plus miles per hour. That's pretty fast methinks. 

Most of my journey was motorway where I average 70 ish I guess. After that the roads are slower and I probably average 40 to 50 mph.

19 hours ago, boydeste said:

If you are doing 300 miles in 4 hours, including a stop. You must be averaging around 80 plus miles per hour. That's pretty fast methinks. 

Most of my journey was motorway where I average 70 ish I guess. After that the roads are slower and I probably average 40 to 50 mph.

That's about right, I checked on Google maps and it's exactly 286 miles.  It's all freeway except the first mile and last half mile.  The speed limit on the freeways was 75mph and Texas DPS ignores the first 10 or so mph over limit when road conditions are good.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, boydeste said:

I live in Oxfordshire, using mainly rural roads for short distances. My trip computer informs me my average speed over the last 377 miles is 26.2 mph.

• Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Had.lunch and drinks with Bazle in a nearby hostelry. 

Then we picked up a couple of glamorous young 25 Yr old girls and had a drug and alcohol infused sex orgy. 

The second paragraph is untrue but not for the lack of wishing it was 

Sorry to have been a party pooper. It was for your own good though. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Watching the bats find out their radar doesn't pick up my fishing lines. Pain in the ass they are when I am trying to sleep!

Have you got facilities available or is it dig a hole and wash in the river ? 

At salubrious Southend on Sea, no less!

Premier Inn, worked out £100 for weekend, family room, extra £35 for all our breakfasts added. 

Not bad, and just great to be away. Today pissed down, but next two days going to be fine.

Hotel's cheap and cheerful, clean and tidy. Usual Premier Inn standard. 

I tell ya, Covid has wrecked towns like this, the amount of closed or boarded up places in what should be their banker time. Sad to see. 

Great place for kids though, Adventure Island is some ticket, and great VFM as well, day pass for £20. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Hope that's not on the Gixxer. 😀

That would be embarrassing  :default_biggrin:    No trip computer on the 2006 bike though.

Renault Clio with 72 bhp v Gixxer 179 bhp and 166 kgs dry weight.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, Nightcrawler said:

Had.lunch and drinks with Bazle in a nearby hostelry. 

Then we picked up a couple of glamorous young 25 Yr old girls  boys and had a drug and alcohol infused sex orgy. 

The second paragraph is untrue but not for the lack of wishing it was longer.

Fixed that for you.

Currently awaiting the return of the wife, hopefully with a resupply of decent alcohol and some foodstuffs of Asian origin.

5 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

In some of her concerts she does a great version of Proud Mary.

I think she will sing that soon. Its an old concert but she is just performing her past work. She is about 80 now and still looks great. Just watched a documentary with an interview in 2018.  She's retired now and never sings, and had a minor stroke a few years back. What a great performer she was. So much raw energy. She really did well after divorcing that cunt, Ike Turner who treated her like shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think she will sing that soon. Its an old concert but she is just performing her past work. She is about 80 now and still looks great. Just watched a documentary with an interview in 2018.  She's retired now and never sings, and had a minor stroke a few years back. What a great performer she was. So much raw energy. She really did well after divorcing that c**t, Ike Turner who treated her like shit. 

Saw that documentary recently on Sky , fantastic how she turned her life and career around 

• Thumbs Up 1