What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Been cleaning out the back storage shed and I ran across a box that I thought for sure had been stolen many years ago. It just made me smile when I opened it. It goes back to my childhood when I first started collecting these little beauties. My Grandfather gave me my very first when I was just a wee lad.

20210329_112103.jpg

20210329_112825.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Surprised 1

Up a decent time today, which is just as well because it is forcast to be the hottest day of the year so far. A shame to waste it in my pit.

No real plans, but will probably carry on dusting off my fishing tackle out in the garden, then go for a 5 mile walk.

• Like 1

Well I survived my first round of golf for several years okay.

Tee'd off using my "safety" 5 wood and hit a beauty only to see my ball hit the one and only tree that stuck out down the right. The golfing gods were on my side for once and the glancing blow sent the ball into the center of the fairway. My next two shots came into the "For f**k's sake Danny" category and I opened with a 6! 🤣

The one time I am now missing not being able to have a recovery soak in a hot bath.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Been cleaning out the back storage shed and I ran across a box that I thought for sure had been stolen many years ago. It just made me smile when I opened it. It goes back to my childhood when I first started collecting these little beauties. My Grandfather gave me my very first when I was just a wee lad.

20210329_112103.jpg

20210329_112825.jpg

Get 5 years for that lot in London :default_527:

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Going to the GP surgery for my second AstraZeneca Vaccination.

Vaccination complete.  Arrived  6 minutes before appointment time,  one person waiting and processed.  My turn, quite painless.  Asked was I driving because if  so I should sit for 20 minutes.  I was not and so left 1 minute before appointment time. 

Nurse said they had no specific information on booster vaccines.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Me & the missus just washed both of our cars & I'm knackered....the sooner we get back to normal & I can use the EE's down the road the better.That's if they're still there after Brexit.

I wash mine once a week whether it needs it or not just for the exercise. 

Heading out to work. The tile that was supposed to be in last week is ( once again ) supposed to be here today. I need it for the hearth and surround for the double sided fireplace. It has to go in first so I can then start on the dry stack stone around the fireplace. Got the 2 mantle pieces all cleaned up and ready to be lagged into place. So I got a full week ahead of me.... Hopefully!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:22 AM, thumper63 said:

20210329_112103.jpg

20210329_112825.jpg

I collected stamps myself.

And conkers! 🤣

• Like 1

Really enjoyed yesterday, the sun really gave me a boost and being able to get out and about again was just what I needed.

Also sitting by the pond, watching the sun go down with a cold beer was the perfect finish to the day.

I treated myself to an extra couple of hours in bed and feel great this morning supping my first couple of cups of tea.

Just a shame it is over cast and dull again with the forcast to rain most of next week too!

Oh well, at least it should slowly warm up, so we are winning.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Went round to my mates place yesterday afternoon & guzzled lots of Birra Moretti before coming home & washing dinner down with some red.

Feel crappy now I wonder why?

You were responsible for me guzzling some Birra Moretti last night too, after reading your previous post, I happen to see a box on offer in Tescos and enjoyed a few whilst watching the sun go down.

IMG_20210330_59422.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1