What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Decided to finally book my flight, Business class £3,660.

Booked it all with EVA but when I needed to make the payment not enough money on my credit card, just spent an hour on the phone with my bank but I'm not able to transfer money across.

I will try to pop into a branch tomorrow and clear the credit card and try again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

With my credit cards , I've just rang up in the past and they just increased my limit when required 

Tried that last night, the guy I spoke to was unable to increase the limit and there was no link online to make a payment outside of the once a month direct debit payment.

The girl in Santander has created the link but I don't think I can increase the limit, not that I want to. If I have the money I will buy it. I don't like using the credit card as a loan and then paying back long term with all that interest.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Siam Addict said:

Tried that last night, the guy I spoke to was unable to increase the limit and there was no link online to make a payment outside of the once a month direct debit payment.

The girl in Santander has created the link but I don't think I can increase the limit, not that I want to. If I have the money I will buy it. I don't like using the credit card as a loan and then paying back long term with all that interest.

I always pay mine off every month as well , but the cards can be useful, I bought my last two cars on my Amex and collected the Avios points , I just move the cash from my savings in time for the direct debit 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Butch said:

Just finished putting something right. I let a mate down and felt crap for it, so despite it costing me money, it helped him out.

Ultimately it was my fault, so I did the right thing and put it right without it costing him time or money.

Important to remember that when people do you favours then it is important to return the favour.

I was reminded today that life is a balance.

That is the same way I try to live my life. Never let my actions have a negative affect on anyone.

Well done for doing this.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I always pay mine off every month as well , but the cards can be useful, I bought my last two cars on my Amex and collected the Avios points , I just move the cash from my savings in time for the direct debit 

I do the same and collect Tescos points which I convert to 3 times the value to pay for the Eurotunnel. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a fairly productive day, cut the grass, well skimmed what had grown, strimmed the edges and cleaned the pond filter.

Tonight I have made more hotel bookings along with an Internal flight.

Walked 3 miles, now showered up and watching the snooker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:04 PM, Siam Addict said:

Decided to finally book my flight, Business class £3,660.

Booked it all with EVA but when I needed to make the payment not enough money on my credit card, just spent an hour on the phone with my bank but I'm not able to transfer money across.

I will try to pop into a branch tomorrow and clear the credit card and try again.

Different banks different rules I guess. I couldn't get my limit increased by enough on a Nat West Visa credit card but they told me that I could pre-load the card with the required amount. I was concerned that if I couldn't get the flight that they would charge me for withdrawing cash if I wanted to move it back into my savings account. No charges they said. Thankfully I didn't find out.

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Not a big fan of Songkran mate, 5 months will be long enough for me!

I can understand that (the songkran) it's just that's the only time I can make it next trip .

Bangla not too bad though literally one day not like Patts for a week.

5 months loads of time .

Could do with that too 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roomark said:

I can understand that (the songkran) it's just that's the only time I can make it next trip .

Bangla not too bad though literally one day not like Patts for a week.

5 months loads of time .

Could do with that too 😆

Yer, that video of you in Bangla looked good to be fair.

• Like 1

I was just puttering around my house when I heard the sound of a big chopper passing by - not uncommon as I am more or less on the flight path of air traffic heading for Alaska after stopping here and occasionally see some interesting military hardware go past - and I saw two of these Bell Boeing V-22 Ospreys passing by, the first time I've ever seen these; unfortunately a little too far away for a photo, but here's a file photo:

rsz_1024px-mv-22_mcas_miramar_2014.jpg 

• Like 2