What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Been to a work party for one of my syndicate lakes. Spent most of the time balls deep in a lake using a very long scythe to chop off reeds to make room to play fish in the swims.

Getting old sucks, home now feeling totally knackered. Going to be sore tomorrow methinks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I am taking it easy after my day yesterday.

Unbelievably, considering I am in Scotland, I managed to get myself totally dehydrated.

I had a very busy and rushed morning. The flat I live in has its own laundry room on the ground floor and I have a 2 hour slot from 8:00am on a Wednesday but I had an opticians appointment at 9:50 in Town which is normally less than 10 minutes but more like fifteen now given the state of my knee.

I mixed up opticians and went to the wrong one and had to walk partially back and then get a bus to Tecso's about 10 minutes away which had the branch of Vision Express I needed.

More walking but more particularly more walking afterwards all uphill to my return bus stop. Checked the timetable on line and discovered I had a   20 minute wait at the bus stop. Just before the bus arrived I started to feel really peculiar, very hot and unsteady and I practically stumbled into the bus by which time it dawned on me that I was dehydrated. The bus driver had a can of lemonade which he was kind enough to give me but I was really no better when I reached my stop. I sat there for maybe 20 minutes when I decided I had to try to walk up the hill to get home. How I did that I have no idea.

I know it is true that once you realize you are dehydrated the damage is already done. Copious amounts of water and two hours laying on my bed I felt reasonably back to normal and by 4pm I felt hungry enough to get stuck into the fridge.

Thinking back I believe I had a coffee at about 7:00am but nothing afterwards. I did not eat anything either.

I have collapsed a couple of times playing golf in Thailand where dehydration is always just round the corner but never in the UK.

• Surprised 1

Been trying to hurry up my new passport. Twice now i've called the passport office in Durham and got through 1st time with just one ring, but after a chat haven't managed to get any real action. Still 5 weeks to go before i travel so not given up hope yet...

45 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Been trying to hurry up my new passport. Twice now i've called the passport office in Durham and got through 1st time with just one ring, but after a chat haven't managed to get any real action. Still 5 weeks to go before i travel so not given up hope yet...

Good luck with that. There have been some delays on passport issues due to staff shortages I have been told

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

Stay positive - I had two friends apply. Returned in 3 and 4 weeks respectively - this was in June 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

I am taking it easy after my day yesterday.

Unbelievably, considering I am in Scotland, I managed to get myself totally dehydrated.

I had a very busy and rushed morning. The flat I live in has its own laundry room on the ground floor and I have a 2 hour slot from 8:00am on a Wednesday but I had an opticians appointment at 9:50 in Town which is normally less than 10 minutes but more like fifteen now given the state of my knee.

I mixed up opticians and went to the wrong one and had to walk partially back and then get a bus to Tecso's about 10 minutes away which had the branch of Vision Express I needed.

More walking but more particularly more walking afterwards all uphill to my return bus stop. Checked the timetable on line and discovered I had a   20 minute wait at the bus stop. Just before the bus arrived I started to feel really peculiar, very hot and unsteady and I practically stumbled into the bus by which time it dawned on me that I was dehydrated. The bus driver had a can of lemonade which he was kind enough to give me but I was really no better when I reached my stop. I sat there for maybe 20 minutes when I decided I had to try to walk up the hill to get home. How I did that I have no idea.

I know it is true that once you realize you are dehydrated the damage is already done. Copious amounts of water and two hours laying on my bed I felt reasonably back to normal and by 4pm I felt hungry enough to get stuck into the fridge.

Thinking back I believe I had a coffee at about 7:00am but nothing afterwards. I did not eat anything either.

I have collapsed a couple of times playing golf in Thailand where dehydration is always just round the corner but never in the UK.

Fluid intake is important, but so is food, as well as being dehydrated, your blood sugar may have been low too!

Glad you are felling better again.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just renewed my Sky Sports subscription on Now TV for the football season.

Got an email earlier offering me 12 months for £19.99 instead of £33.99.

Good thing is you can cancel and restart anytime like Netflix etc., not tied to a contract.

Got the cricket on now.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zambo said:

Big problems in Canada with this nowadays - people waiting for weeks or even months; thankfully I've still got a few years left on mine...

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just renewed my Sky Sports subscription on Now TV for the football season.

Got an email earlier offering me 12 months for £19.99 instead of £33.99.

Good thing is you can cancel and restart anytime like Netflix etc., not tied to a contract.

Got the cricket on now.

When I came back from Thailand renewed my nowtv sports package at £33. After a month I went to cancel it, and was offered the 19.99 a month deal for 6 months.... ideal as after 6 months I'll cancel it again as I'm away for 5 months!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just been out with two of my best mates and my godson ( now 19 ) ...brilliant night and the perfect amount of pints for me these days appears to be seven .. I'm merry , but not drunk:and don't think the hangover will be that bad tomorrow... 🤞

• Like 4