What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been busy sorting out stuff in my garage all day, now out for a walk and dropped in for a Guinness. 

received_434145561968031.jpeg

Was going to sort out some stuff in my yard today until rain put an end to that idea - went downtown in the late afternoon for my 2nd covid booster shot and hit the pub on the way home - there were three police vehicles in the lot and I asked my buddies in the pub what was going on - apparently somebody had collapsed and died beside the pub and foul play was suspected, maybe a bad drug deal or something; I spent an hour and a half in the pub and more police vehicles showed up and with some reservations I finally decided to get out of there, figuring they'd be too involved with their investigation to pay any attention to me and thankfully I was right - I was able to drive away from there without even a look in my direction:

rsz_2img_1621.jpg

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Was going to sort out some stuff in my yard today until rain put an end to that idea - went downtown in the late afternoon for my 2nd covid booster shot and hit the pub on the way home - there were three police vehicles in the lot and I asked my buddies in the pub what was going on - apparently somebody had collapsed and died beside the pub and foul play was suspected, maybe a bad drug deal or something; I spent an hour and a half in the pub and more police vehicles showed up and with some reservations I finally decided to get out of there, figuring they'd be too involved with their investigation to pay any attention to me and thankfully I was right - I was able to drive away from there without even a look in my direction:

rsz_2img_1621.jpg

You frequent a pub where there are "bad drug deals or something;"

The worst crimes i see in my local are a short pulled pint, or a pork pie passed it's sell by date.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zambo said:

You frequent a pub where there are "bad drug deals or something;"

The worst crimes i see in my local are a short pulled pint, or a pork pie passed it's sell by date.

I figured that somebody would chime in with a comment like this, but I have been frequenting this particular pub for 50 years (no typo, I first went in when I was 16 and am 66 today) and this is the first trouble of this sort I have ever seen; there is a trailer court behind it that has its share of unsavoury characters but you generally don't see them in or around this pub, which has largely a middle/working class clientele with a good core of  regulars. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just home from golf, started off a bit drizzly but the rain stopped quickly and it turned into a lovely cool day. Played crap but that didn't matter, just nice to be out playing.

Now home with a pint of Abbott Ale watching TV.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

On the train back from Newbury. Went to the Kawasaki dealer I bought my bike from to sell them the bike as I'm not really using it. Mainly needed it for work but I can Walk it in under 10 minutes.

Was surprised what they offered me but used bikes are top price now. Gave 5300 almost 18 months ago,had 7300 on the clock, now it's got 17800. Expected around 3800 but they gave me 4300 straight off,so was well happy. Money goes in the bank Monday when the finance lady comes in.

Sad to see it go as I loved it, but the tax and insurance was due end of the month, and better to sell now while people want stock for the summer demand. Plus I have to park in the street where I live now so can't keep it long term.

Good timing, will save you a bit of money too.

What will you do when ya get that urge to go ballistic at warp 10 again?

49 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Good timing, will save you a bit of money too.

What will you do when ya get that urge to go ballistic at warp 10 again?

No doubt I'll crave a bike next summer but I have to park in the street which is not ideal.

So all depends on if I stay at my current job and house which I hope to.

• Like 1

Been a super lazy day for me so far, drinking tea and coffee catching up with a  few things on the net. Spent an hour or so helping a mate over the phone, now thinking about a long walk before either a nice bottle of red or a few pints of Guinness.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just cancelled my insurance. Paid £247 beginning of February for a year, find out I get £20.32 refunded.

Fucking robbing cunts!.

Any point in writing to them? Seems to be a strong point of yours (if we set aside the "fucking robbing cunts" part (i left out the exclamation mark as that was a bit extreme)

Just a "please reconsider as the refund seems low considering the duration that the policy has been in effect since Feb"

7 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Any point in writing to them? Seems to be a strong point of yours (if we set aside the "fucking robbing cunts" part (i left out the exclamation mark as that was a bit extreme)

Just a "please reconsider as the refund seems low considering the duration that the policy has been in effect since Feb"

Doubt it would make a difference to be honest mate. Would probably have to take legal action and I really can't be arsed,got enough shit going on in my life as it is.

• Like 2