What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Still slowly redecorating my flat, this evenings job after work was to drain, remove and flush out the radiators. Refitted two and will fit the rest when I have painted the rest of the flat.

One unexpected job was to dry the bathroom floor as I missed tightening one of the bleeder valves. At least I can take wash bathroom floor of to do list.

Painting the flat myself is saving me £1,250- £1,500 which is paying the extra £1,300 this Xmas flight is costing me!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just driven 2 hours home form my social meet up with a mate. Been great with loads of food and way too much drink consumed.

Relaxing with a glass of Abbott ale catching up on TV and trying to cool my house down as it's 28 degrees in the bedroom right now!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

I get my deliveries dropped off at work.

Always left on my desk never an issue.

But you don't get your whips and rubber gear from Madam de Sade's dungeon of pain and pleasure.

• Haha 1

Planning a belated 6th Birthday Party for my daughter and her school mates.

Talk about stress :default_1087: 

Had to get invites made via an app, printed and gave out at school.

Takeaway kid's goodie bags got.

Pinata bought and filled with vegan sweets so they can batter it and all can eat, vegan, muslim or alien.

Loads of soft drinks at it's gonna be hot.

Enough cake got etc etc.

Feck sake, when i was a kid you got a cake with a few candles, sang happy birthday, made a wish, your Da got drunk, party done!

• Thumbs Up 2

Been watching this series on Sky Nature channel, though it's from 2016 and been broadcast on many platforms.

Has me wanting to pack my job in, sell up my property, retire to Thailand and dive, dive, dive :default_biggrin:

@Pumpuynarak and @forcebwithu if you haven't see this, it's excellent, and if it doesn't make you want to get back diving, nothing will. You'll be able find and watch and somewhere no doubt.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6416274/

• Thanks 2

I am watching the Open Golf on my brand new Smart TV which arrived and I set up today.

I am impressed with the picture quality and am looking forward to watching footy on its larger screen. The sound quality is incredible considering it is after all a TV.

I bought an android TV for no better reason than I have always had an android phone and thought that would make using the smart TV easier for IT illiterate me to use.

My first surprise was tuning the TV into my WiFi.

The starting up instructions told me to use my phone to log into a web site and having done that I found it had connected the TV to my WiFi. I thought that was useful and simple but I am now discovering bit by bit how much additional data has been copied from my phone directly to the all too smart TV. All useful but a bit scary and of course it is two way because my phone knows all about my new smart TV. 

I cannot help but wonder as I look at my all too smart TV if it is not looking back at me. 

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 5

On 7/13/2022 at 7:23 PM, Krapow said:

Planning a belated 6th Birthday Party for my daughter and her school mates.

Talk about stress :default_1087: 

Had to get invites made via an app, printed and gave out at school.

Takeaway kid's goodie bags got.

Pinata bought and filled with vegan sweets so they can batter it and all can eat, vegan, muslim or alien.

Loads of soft drinks at it's gonna be hot.

Enough cake got etc etc.

Feck sake, when i was a kid you got a cake with a few candles, sang happy birthday, made a wish, your Da got drunk, party done!

Kids parties, don't miss them these days , well actually I do cos it's teenagers parties now.

We hired a bouncy castle for my daughters 5th, and a couple of kids managed to piss on it while playing, so I got the hosepipe out and cleaned it off, but in my efforts to avoid the piss and stay upright, I ended up accidentally spraying a mixture of diluted piss all over the girl who was doing the face painting.

From then on it was a party at the local "snakes and ladders" or "Kidz kingdom".

Anyway, back OT, just finished a cup of brew and believe it or not, heading off to bed.

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I cannot help but wonder as I look at my all too smart TV if it is not looking back at me. 

It may not be looking at you but it is certainly listening to you if you use voice commands.

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Finished my first week in my new job today.

Really happy there, love the job and the people are great. I'm working in the end stage of the production cycle. We have two department's, one does Google products, one does Apple products. I'm in the Apple department. Basically I clean, grade the quality of the product,pack it and ship it.

At the moment we're being trained,we have three ladies from the Dominican Republic branch over here for six weeks. They are great, right good laugh.

So hopefully can see this being a long term job. Just hoping this police shit gets dropped and can concentrate on my long term future.

A really positive post, happy for you mate.

• Like 2

Just thinking that this time next week I will be in the Novotel Swampy. Can't wait.

Right now the house looks like a bomb has hit it as we are scouring the house for items for a car boot on Sunday. Got 210 bikinis to sell as well. (they don't look good on me)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just made my plane bookings for Thailand via Lufthansa. Now waiting for them to send me an email with the details....

Looks like i will be flying via München and not Frankfurt this time. 800 euros. A 100 euros cheaper than my flight with Thai Airways in 2014. 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, Jambo said:

I am watching the Open Golf on my brand new Smart TV which arrived and I set up today.

I am impressed with the picture quality and am looking forward to watching footy on its larger screen. The sound quality is incredible considering it is after all a TV.

I bought an android TV for no better reason than I have always had an android phone and thought that would make using the smart TV easier for IT illiterate me to use.

My first surprise was tuning the TV into my WiFi.

The starting up instructions told me to use my phone to log into a web site and having done that I found it had connected the TV to my WiFi. I thought that was useful and simple but I am now discovering bit by bit how much additional data has been copied from my phone directly to the all too smart TV. All useful but a bit scary and of course it is two way because my phone knows all about my new smart TV. 

You’ll know if it’s watching you when you go to switch it off at night and a little voice says “hey you! leave that fucking switch alone”.

😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Went for a walk at 06:00 this morning, only three miles , really quiet , just me and the rabbits and ducks  🙂 

6A9ACBF7-AB40-45B9-B2EC-F6F7E4C9B8D4.jpeg

C3426DAC-FFC6-4D0F-8BD6-05AF1068DC77.jpeg

I cannot say how much I envy you.

I used to take my bearded collie hiking round Glen Nevis or the Lake District. This morning my knee was killing me just walking to and from the newsagent/ general store just down the road from me.

Hoping a cortisone injection next week will give me a temporary reprieve. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I cannot say how much I envy you.

I used to take my bearded collie hiking round Glen Nevis or the Lake District. This morning my knee was killing me just walking to and from the newsagent/ general store just down the road from me.

Hoping a cortisone injection next week will give me a temporary reprieve. 

Might want to give an e-bike a try. With the pedal assist from the motor it would help take the strain off your knee while the act of pedaling would be good as range of motion therapy.

• Like 1

Been catching up on emails whilst filling my pond up with water, it's amazing how much water evaporates during the hot weather.

Now it's time to don the big wide hat and go for a few miles walk. Pub visit on my return leg is in order too!

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 10:18 AM, forcebwithu said:

Might want to give an e-bike a try. With the pedal assist from the motor it would help take the strain off your knee while the act of pedaling would be good as range of motion therapy.

That is an interesting comment. I used to cycle virtually every day in Thailand because it gave me exercise without impact on my dodgy knees.

I have always been a very active person and the absolute worst aspect of my current hip and knee problems is how much I have been restricted even with the most basic exercise of walking. I know it is important to exercise my bad knee but a 10 minute walk will reduce me to having to sit down for 5 minutes to allow for the acute pain to dissipate to the point I can continue on my way.

I have been looking into e-bikes as a way of exercising without undue impact but I did not wish to rush into spending quite a considerable sum until I was sure my knee and to a lesser degree my hip would allow me to pedal without considerable pain or even making things worse. The other consideration is that if you watch enough U-Tube videos it is apparent that new purchasers seem to fall off them all too often due it would seem to the additional weight of the e-bike itself.

On the other hand the "Experts" ( I am very cynical about ALL "Experts" ) generally say that the action of turning cycle pedals is beneficial to "bad" knees as it stimulates several positive reactions. So before I spend a thousand UK beer vouchers on an e-bike three days ago I purchased an elliptical exercise "cycle" for 30 pounds. The object was to see if the action, being the same as pushing round the pedals on a full cycle, would have an adverse effect on my knee or hip.

The jury is very much still out.

I expected a reaction to pushing those pedals round for 45 minutes after several weeks without any real exercise but although I had no real pain at the time my knee was certainly hurting considerably during the night. I will give it another go this evening.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Jambo said:

That is an interesting comment. I used to cycle virtually every day in Thailand because it gave me exercise without impact on my dodgy knees.

I have always been a very active person and the absolute worst aspect of my current hip and knee problems is how much I have been restricted even with the most basic exercise of walking. I know it is important to exercise my bad knee but a 10 minute walk will reduce me to having to sit down for 5 minutes to allow for the acute pain to dissipate to the point I can continue on my way.

I have been looking into e-bikes as a way of exercising without undue impact but I did not wish to rush into spending quite a considerable sum until I was sure my knee and to a lesser degree my hip would allow me to pedal without considerable pain or even making things worse. The other consideration is that if you watch enough U-Tube videos it is apparent that new purchasers seem to fall off them all too often due it would seem to the additional weight of the e-bike itself.

On the other hand the "Experts" ( I am very cynical about ALL "Experts" ) generally say that the action of turning cycle pedals is beneficial to "bad" knees as it stimulates several positive reactions. So before I spend a thousand UK beer vouchers on an e-bike three days ago I purchased an elliptical exercise "cycle" for 30 pounds. The object was to see if the action, being the same as pushing round the pedals on a full cycle, would have an adverse effect on my knee or hip.

The jury is very much still out.

I expected a reaction to pushing those pedals round for 45 minutes after several weeks without any real exercise but although I had no real pain at the time my knee was certainly hurting considerably during the night. I will give it another go this evening.

Agree, it would be an expensive gamble buying an e-bike only to find out it didn't help. Renting for a couple of days/week would be the better option.

Another exercise you might want to try is rowing.

14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Agree, it would be an expensive gamble buying an e-bike only to find out it didn't help. Renting for a couple of days/week would be the better option.

Another exercise you might want to try is rowing.

I cannee swim! 🤣

• Haha 1

36 Deg C here in my part of the UK now & if you read the MSN we're all going to die from heatstroke.

However I just got back from a gym visit & they must have got the AC on max & it was very pleasant.

Think I may go back tonight with a pillow....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Similar temps here too, with tomorrow forecast over 40.

Had my windows open all night to cool the house down as much as possible, then shut them all up first thing this morning. Hoping my insulation that normally keeps the heat in will keep the heat out.

It's 26 in my living room at the moment and quite pleasant with a fan running. If it stays the same I will be fairly happy. I was going to take my walk this evening, but the forecast is to be over 30 at 10pm, so I am going to brave the heat this afternoon.

• Thumbs Up 1