What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Watching True Grit whislt getting drunk on red wine.

Which version? I like both but a slight preference for John Wayne as i grew up with that as a regular xmas movie.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Waiting in anticipation of the next message/video clip arriving from my daughter and family currently at Silverstone for the F1 today.

The first one arrived at 7.59 this morning! 😄

Very early start but they have managed to get three seats so they have done well. I like winding my grandson up because he is all Verstappen and I cheer on Hamilton. Mind you, he is getting his own back this season for the stick I gave him in the past.

They went down from Edinburgh on Thursday and are camping quite close to the circuit. They have a brand new tent but it looks the business. The camp site has a large bar/restaurant so not exactly lacking the essential facilities. 😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Last night I went to a memorial party for a neighbour that passed away last year - figured I'd spend a couple of hours and then go home but it was a good crowd and I ended up staying until it broke up around midnight; then a few of us decided to wander across the highway to the pub for a drink or two - I took  this photo along the way at midnight:

tempimagecfd37c.jpg

Feeling a little draggy today but it's a gorgeous day and it's after noon so I think I'll head out to the patio with a tall rum and coke and catch a few rays...

Great idea bro.

Always crap when a friend or associate passes. Have a damn good long Rum and coke.

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

Waiting in anticipation of the next message/video clip arriving from my daughter and family currently at Silverstone for the F1 today.

The first one arrived at 7.59 this morning! 😄

Very early start but they have managed to get three seats so they have done well. I like winding my grandson up because he is all Verstappen and I cheer on Hamilton. Mind you, he is getting his own back this season for the stick I gave him in the past.

They went down from Edinburgh on Thursday and are camping quite close to the circuit. They have a brand new tent but it looks the business. The camp site has a large bar/restaurant so not exactly lacking the essential facilities. 😀

I watched it from the pub, one of the best races I have seen in a long while.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2022 at 4:26 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

so it is off the heat now to be put in the fridge later for the fat to be removed

There was loads of fat that I removed after it had been in the fridge overnight ....... I have just used it for dunking some par boiled (microwaved!) spuds into prior to roasting...lovely and brown......lovely smell...lovely taste...!!

• Like 2

Having received an email advising me that my latest tax calculation was available to be viewed at HM GOV website I spent almost two hours this morning trying to login to said website.

The last time I used it was back in 2006 when I ceased to be UK self employed and departed to Thailand. Since then they now ask a whole list of intrusive questions to verify one's identity and I just could not get it to work. In the end I phoned their technical helpline number who answered after about 20 minutes of hanging on. After explaining where I had reached in the process, but no further, the "Technical Expert" replied:

"It's not working properly. Give it an hour or so and try again. If that doesn't work click on the Its not working properly tab."

He is probably getting paid 40 grand a year for the IT equivalent of try rebooting it!

I put the phone down and had a Eureka moment.

Try again using Opera instead of Firefox?

Not only did it work properly ( still intrusive questions and protracted) but when I reached the calculation, Oh Joy, HM GOV owe me a refund of just over 500 pounds!

Some what better than a kick in the nuts and will be in my account within 5 days. 🤣

• Haha 2

Feeling mightily pissed off! 

Just received an email from Lufthansa to say that the Munich to Heathrow leg of my flight from Thailand next week has been cancelled. 

They have offered me two options: cancel and claim a refund, or fly to Munich and claim a partial refund. 

What sort of options are they FFS! 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Having received an email advising me that my latest tax calculation was available to be viewed at HM GOV website I spent almost two hours this morning trying to login to said website.

I started a thread about a month ago regarding access problems to the UK Gov Gateway account. As I delved more into the problem they admitted that they had changed communication providers a few months ago. They subsequently fixed the problem in a couple of days.

It seems that their strategy is to compile a technical snag list from customer complaints rather than carry out any system acceptance testing themselves!

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I started a thread about a month ago regarding access problems to the UK Gov Gateway account. As I delved more into the problem they admitted that they had changed communication providers a few months ago. They subsequently fixed the problem in a couple of days.

It seems that their strategy is to compile a technical snag list from customer complaints rather than carry out any system acceptance testing themselves!

That's not good news. I've just started communicating with them on my missing years of NI contributions.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just been offered a permanent job 10 minutes walk from my house. Working for a company that refurbishes tech like phones and tablets etc. Start next Monday and good money as well. I got offered the top end of the salary scale due to my experience.

Well happy!.

Forgot to say, it's 25 days holiday,all Bank holiday, plus 9 religious days!

They shut down on religious festivals day's and you get paid.🤣

See how you feel compared to that depressed state you were in a month ago. I am happy for you mate, been positive and now rewarded.

Well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Just been offered a permanent job 10 minutes walk from my house. Working for a company that refurbishes tech like phones and tablets etc. Start next Monday and good money as well. I got offered the top end of the salary scale due to my experience.

Well happy!.

Forgot to say, it's 25 days holiday,all Bank holiday, plus 9 religious days!

They shut down on religious festivals day's and you get paid.🤣

Allah Akbar!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

Feeling mightily pissed off! 

Just received an email from Lufthansa to say that the Munich to Heathrow leg of my flight from Thailand next week has been cancelled. 

They have offered me two options: cancel and claim a refund, or fly to Munich and claim a partial refund. 

What sort of options are they FFS! 

Yes, it's not just the UK, there's flight/airport carnage all over Europe, The Netherlands, Germany, France etc

Cancellations and delays.

Could've been worse, could only have found out on arrival at Munich, many are only finding out at the airport a couple of hours before their flight. 

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Could've been worse, could only have found out on arrival at Munich, many are only finding out at the airport a couple of hours before their flight. 

A couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened to a mate flying back to Thailand. Cancelled LHR/MUN the evening before. It turned out to be good for him as they put him on a Thai flight.