What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

14 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I am due a Typhoid jab but no one in my area has any to give, apparently covid jabs have totally dominated all of the manufacturing of jabs to a point that not much else has been made.

Hope you have more luck than me mate.

A months wait , but that was due to the Doctors schedule,  but I'm in no real hurry... it came up in conversation yesterday with some friends that have also got Thailand booked 

20 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Will you be ready for SW19 ? 😉 

Just back from my second day of tennis in the blazing sun.

Backhand would make Wawrinka and Federer swoon but my forehand has gone to 0.2% THC shite ..... volleys solid as ever, serve crap ..... I'm hoping for a Wild Card ...over 60s visually impaired non-binary no Russians competition.

Oh ye of little faith long may you scoff .... 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

A months wait , but that was due to the Doctors schedule,  but I'm in no real hurry... it came up in conversation yesterday with some friends that have also got Thailand booked 

Hopefully I will get one by the time I travel.

Just back from an ultrasound at my local community hospital.

Was originally told it was a 10 week wait, but got a letter 2 weeks later, appointment 1540 today, so 4 weeks from referral.

Phone rang 1430.... they'd had a few "cancellations" ... come in at any time!

Giving my head a shake at the fact that the operative and nurse were sitting with all the equipment, and no patients.  I dont believe that they had 8 cancellations (3 an hour for 3 hours, minus my slot), or if so, for what reason (sun's out, beach beckons? ) .... more like someone failed to fill the appointments.  Wonder how many people are waiting for appointments that are going unfilled?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

Went downtown early today to pay my annual property taxes only to find City Hall locked up - damn it, I forgot that today is a territorial holiday, meaning half the work force has a day off and half don't (including me when I was still working) - a few years ago they decided to make our summer solstice "National Aboriginal Day" but it is not a national statutory holiday; it'll be a big piss-up for many of our "First Nations" people, though, and an inconvenience for many others. 

So this morning I woke up to 4C, and this on the longest day of the year; but it's sunny and warm enough presently and now it will be all downhill from here until December 21, by which time I will be (hopefully) enjoying the heat of Thailand again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just booked the Eurotunnel for a fishing trip in July, school holidays have inflated prices slightly, but not as bad as I thought.

£354 return for the exact times that I need. The ferry was pretty much fully booked and the times available were much more expensive than the train anyway.

Getting 3 x the value for Tescos vouchers made it less painful too!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Painter said:

Giving my head a shake at the fact that the operative and nurse were sitting with all the equipment, and no patients.  I dont believe that they had 8 cancellations (3 an hour for 3 hours, minus my slot), or if so, for what reason (sun's out, beach beckons? ) .... more like someone failed to fill the appointments.  Wonder how many people are waiting for appointments that are going unfilled?

My heart goes out to all NHS staff and the shit they have to put up with (In many cases quite literally) but some Administrative and Managerial levels must have got their qualifications from a pack of Rice Krispies and their work experience from a Kindergarten Doll Hospital (on-line!)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just finished the latest series of Silent Witness on BBC iplayer. 

Brilliant as usual. 

I don't watch much telly but always try to catch that when I can.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know some train tickets can be expensive, but I just paid £5 for an 'evening out' return ticket from Bracknell to Reading. Would of cost that in petrol for the bike plus the hassle of parking and carrying my helmet. 

Same with travelling on tube and bus inside London, dirt cheap. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I know some train tickets can be expensive, but I just paid £5 for an 'evening out' return ticket from Bracknell to Reading. Would of cost that in petrol for the bike plus the hassle of parking and carrying my helmet. 

Same with travelling on tube and bus inside London, dirt cheap. 

Free public transport for me, even better, using my Freedom Pass. I hardly use my car these days. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Making taxi and hotel bookings for upcoming trip to Thailand.

I would highly recommend Nam's taxi services who use lady drivers. I have used them half a dozen times, and very reliable careful drivers and on time. 

www.namstaxiladydrivers.com

Email. [email protected]

Tel:÷66811577977

A shameless plug. 

Good info, when you off?

10 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Making taxi and hotel bookings for upcoming trip to Thailand.

I would highly recommend Nam's taxi services who use lady drivers. I have used them half a dozen times, and very reliable careful drivers and on time. 

www.namstaxiladydrivers.com

Email. [email protected]

Tel:÷66811577977

A shameless plug. 

My go to taxi service too.

My Sky package contract expired a week ago and my bills were due to increase , just agreed another 18 months at a reduced rate 

Been negotiating mine for some 10 years now. Given the current climate I expect them to give even better deals to keep customers.

My Sky package contract expired a week ago and my bills were due to increase , just agreed another 18 months at a reduced rate 

I renewed mine in February for 18 months, not knowing at that time I'd be returning to Thailand.

So I contacted them to cancel. Technically I had about 13 months remaining, initially the guy said that's 13 x £95 you need to pay. My 2nd word was "off", explaining that I was going to Thailand and they could chase me all they like, not paying that. Try to do better. He spoke to a manager, came back and said "ok, we can do you a better deal. £235". I agreed as always prefer to leave things clean. I said to please email me with that offer and I'll make the payment. Oh, can't do that, the computer says no. You have to pay it first, then we'll send confirmation.

This happened to me the first time I went to Thailand in 2019 and they never sent confirmation and later tried to chase me for the cost of a Sky Q box, so I said no, just send a simple email and I'll pay it. Impasse. He said he'd make enquiries and call me back. He didn't.

This was about 3 weeks ago, no contact. So I emailed them, explained the whole situation and got an email back a few days later from a supervisor apologising for messing me about and as a gesture of goodwill I can even forget about the £235.

Wow, result. They don't even want me to send the Sky Q box back, but if you could that'd be great. As they've been more than fair, I've arranged to send it back to them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm packing, trying to jam everything into 2 suitcases and a large holdall. Such a tight squeeze and goodness knows how I'm going to get all my laptop stuff into my briefcase . . 😕

Have checked in for my flight to Helsinki tomorrow but it won't let me check in for Helsinki to BKK, tells me I need to do that at the desk, despite them asking and me uploading the Thai Pass. Can see it being a scramble in Helsinki, 1 hr 45 mins transit time.

Always my biggest worry when having a change is that my bags show up at the destination . . Just hope I haven't talked that up . . 😕

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Britboy said:

I renewed mine in February for 18 months, not knowing at that time I'd be returning to Thailand.

So I contacted them to cancel. Technically I had about 13 months remaining, initially the guy said that's 13 x £95 you need to pay. My 2nd word was "off", explaining that I was going to Thailand and they could chase me all they like, not paying that. Try to do better. He spoke to a manager, came back and said "ok, we can do you a better deal. £235". I agreed as always prefer to leave things clean. I said to please email me with that offer and I'll make the payment. Oh, can't do that, the computer says no. You have to pay it first, then we'll send confirmation.

This happened to me the first time I went to Thailand in 2019 and they never sent confirmation and later tried to chase me for the cost of a Sky Q box, so I said no, just send a simple email and I'll pay it. Impasse. He said he'd make enquiries and call me back. He didn't.

This was about 3 weeks ago, no contact. So I emailed them, explained the whole situation and got an email back a few days later from a supervisor apologising for messing me about and as a gesture of goodwill I can even forget about the £235.

Wow, result. They don't even want me to send the Sky Q box back, but if you could that'd be great. As they've been more than fair, I've arranged to send it back to them.

I'm not on Q just HD , but my monthly bill was £46 , after the contract expired it reverted to £60 , after my call yesterday now it's £41  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2