What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

So I've finished my night shift and am happily blasting home at 0445 at @110km/h when up flies this damned seagull and writes off my new-last-year windshield:

rsz_img_2004.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how much more it will cost  to replace than it did last year. 

• Sad 4
  • Surprised 7

2 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Should be in Thailand ! Lol ,got home last Thursday from a 3 week trip on the boat ,was moored in teeside so very easy trip,then on Friday my worked asked me to join another boat this past Tuesday,I got bumped because to much weight on helicopter ,not me some other fat bastards haha ,anyhow joined today ,couldn’t turn it down as this is the boat I want full time on as it’s 4n4 ,,only covering a sickie for 2,3 weeks ,but other guy is leaving so will know next week for sure if get the position,jeez only had about 2 full weeks off in 4 month,used that small time to do some more Mountains in Scotland ,2 just this past Sunday,was great.

Anyhow glad to see the flights are a bit cheaper nearer end August ,happy days,watching avatar 2 at moment ,nice 55inch TVs in cabins ,took hard drive with me,wi5 any luck be back after this trip to los,then every other month.

Good luck with that, hope it turns out well for ya.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thanks ,they did offer me a position on another boat which is also 4n4 but this one is going to Spain for 8 months from October so holding out for it,but least if it’s the other one it’ll stil do as easy to plan trip to los.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

HMS Prince of Wales ? 

12 hours ago, Painter said:

Yup

9 months it's been in dry dock this time just along from my place.  It's been there or alongside longer than me since it launched.

• Thumbs Up 1

Waking up to Storm Antoni. According to the forecast we're not supposed to get Force 8 winds until 1800hrs, but the local weather station is reading that now...

I guess it's another August day of coffee and TV.

Edited by Painter
  • Sad 2

Yesterday an elderly woman scraped the rear bumper of my car , whilst it was parked in a public car park .. I didn't see it , but another driver did witness it and took down her license number, the old lady drove off .. not a huge amount of damage , rear tail light scraped as well as the bumper , but my car is relatively new , so I called the police anyway ... they took the details and contacted her , meanwhile I got a quote from my garage to make it good , £600

the lady rang me and she prefers not to go through her insurance company so is sending me a cheque ..

Guy at the garage said to me I could probably just use some t cut ..

Edited by Stillearly
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Living the dream, fucking drenched walking back from town.

Have to go back out later to my sisters house.

Fucking great summer!.

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

I'm off to see the Hornets take on your lot mate,just glad that it's all under cover these days.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Yesterday an elderly woman scraped the rear bumper of my car , whilst it was parked in a public car park .. I didn't see it , but another driver did witness it and took down her license number, the old lady drove off .. not a huge amount of damage , rear tail light scraped as well as the bumper , but my car is relatively new , so I called the police anyway ... they took the details and contacted her , meanwhile I got a quote from my garage to make it good , £632.22 

the lady rang me and she prefers not to go through her insurance company so is sending me a cheque ..

Guy at the garage said to me I could probably just use some t cut ..

I got sideswiped on the M6 in 2019,guy admitted blame straight away & by the time we got to the next services his ins co had texted me.

Got the work done by my neighbours car body shop so afterwards I had pristine bodywork(car was 9yr old then),a free front tyre(I had an appt the following week to get both fronts replaced)and a brand new colour coded spare front wheel.

The icing on the cake was when his ins co provided me with a new MB hire car then asked me if I'd like something lesser +£300....so I said what about if I don't have a replacement car? Then we'll give you £600😁.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've been having problems with my PC over the last few weeks but am back on line now.

On a personal note: During that time everybody in the area I live have received eviction notices in the form of two bloody great signs for all to see. I already have 3 alternatives lined up so no problem for me but my friends are struggling ...

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 2

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've been having problems with my PC over the last few weeks but am back on line now.

On a personal note: During that time everybody in the area I live have received eviction notices in the form of two bloody great signs for all to see. I already have 3 alternatives lined up so no problem for me but my friends are struggling ...

Good to see you posting again 👍

are they planning on redeveloping the area you live ?