What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Y'know.. I always thought that the reason everybody was attracted to Alice in FLB was that she looked like a LB...

Hahaha...

Time for my walk (since my bicycle is out for major repairs) down to the market. Then back home to crack open a few.

Even on bad days life is good.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I thought she was pretty hot in the 80's ..

22 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

She kind of looks like a tranny...

I've just had a shudder thinking back to going into the Triangle bar in Bournemouth in the late 70s ..... NO! I didn't know it was the biggest gay bar in Dorset at the time  !!!

Had a few drinks bought for me though before one of my mates (we were based in Blandford at the time) pointed out that the Yootha Joyce lookalike that I fancied was a bloke in a dress...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

My condo is 7 years old, all the light fittings are LED. I never had to change a lamp until a couple of weeks ago, now just changed the second one. Better get a few in stock.

I replaced all my circular fluorescent tubes with LED modules several years ago. Instant on, longer life, uses less electricity. They've been working great, although one module was an off brand that failed after a year of use. For that reason I stick to a name brand like Philips.

000265258_ledcircular_mod19.5w.webp

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just had a shudder thinking back to going into the Triangle bar in Bournemouth in the late 70s ..... NO! I didn't know it was the biggest gay bar in Dorset at the time  !!!

Had a few drinks bought for me though before one of my mates (we were based in Blandford at the time) pointed out that the Yootha Joyce lookalike that I fancied was a bloke in a dress...

"Bournemouth" ???   Heck of a name. Sounds like the perfect place for a gay bar.

55555  !!!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My sister used to be the Landlady in The Jolly Sailor ... in Poole....She was also Landlady in The Black Prince, Pompey... and a few other pubs in Poole...Shah of Persia and The Skittlers ..

I’m certain that I’ve been in that pub in another life back in the 70’s. 🤗

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My last TW always referred to Poole Quay as "Poo Kee"...

I suppose she'd have liked a place where you could swim in the poo.

(Thai syllables can only end in a vowel sound or k, p, t, m, n, ng)

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Fuckin' Hell mate it is 3pm !!!

A mate used to say dedication was holding the top of your head on with one hand while cracking another can with the other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Fuckin' Hell mate it is 3pm !!!

That's an early start for me. 😄

I have some errands to do this afternoon.  Just had a full English brekky and a pint of coffee plus a Co-Codamol  500 mg which is just starting to kick in. F*cking pound dropped today just as was going to change a wedge for the weekend. Som nam naa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I suppose she'd have liked a place where you could swim in the poo.

Whilst on the subject of movements in Poole Quay, we also took a boat across to Brownsea Island because I wanted to show her where the Scout Movement had begun.

In a typical show of misplaced Thai patriotism she cried because her King had travelled all that way from Thailand to start the Scout Movement in UK !!!!!!!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahaha my opinion has always been everybody to their own schedule and sod what anybody else thinks !!!

I can no longer burn the candle at both ends. 

To that end I have just rented a motorcycle, my legs have been aching a bit lately with all this unnecessary walking lark. Got a nice deal on a newish bike. 

The logic behind that is also that it will force me to lower my alcohol quota/intake, which of late has been excessive. 

Off to relax for an hour in a local gentlemans club now my headache is at bay. 

I think my next break will have to be a SAGA cruise. My body, brain and soul is no longer strong enough to withstand this place. 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think my next break will have to be a SAGA cruise. My body, brain and soul is no longer strong enough to withstand this place. 😃

In the 90s I was working in Bangkok and attending weekly meetings in Chiang Mai ... All I'm willing to say is that CM was part of the SAGA holiday destinations ......

29 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Their Dad was on VAR duty... I got a yellow for falling over in a manner that endangered the integrity of the concrete road .....but I will appeal!!! It was already cracked !!

Yellow, that's close to the colour of an Oscar isn't it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Whilst on the subject of movements in Poole Quay, we also took a boat across to Brownsea Island because I wanted to show her where the Scout Movement had begun.

In a typical show of misplaced Thai patriotism she cried because her King had travelled all that way from Thailand to start the Scout Movement in UK !!!!!!!

The wife and son did that boat trip last summer and enjoyed it. 👍

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

In the 90s I was working in Bangkok and attending weekly meetings in Chiang Mai ... All I'm willing to say is that CM was part of the SAGA holiday destinations ......

I've got a bottle full of Sangsom, some diets, a fridge full of Chang and a half bottle of baby oil if you ever get up this way. Debauchery can be found anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1