What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Realising I forgot to buy a USB stick yesterday, probably distracted by the really busy Neath Fair and the subsequent need to escape to the local Wetherpoon. 

I walk in usually (I live across the valley) so will make that trip this week as I need to also send a package via the local Smith's post office.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I had walked too much Friday and Saturday so my bum muscles were hurting a bit so it was more like a flounce than a walk!!

I hope your sashay hasn't suffered.

Sashay - walk in an ostentatious yet casual manner, typically with exaggerated movements of the hips and shoulders.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I feel quite upset that you felt the need to include the definition of Sashay ... I'm off to see my therapist now !

Not all our BMs are as erudite as thee.

Erudite - having or showing great knowledge or learning.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Reading about the Hamas-Israel debacle.

Very major event. It will have massive implications for the entire World. This situation will be a prolonged massive cluster. 

I expect this subject will end up under politics posts. On one hand this appears to be a land grab and a case of an apartheid regime masquerading as a religious persecution issue. On the otherhand there are the claims of religious persecution including threats of genocide and terrorist attacks.

Northern Ireland which had years of deadly dispute over claims of economic inequality and religious oppression showed how difficult it is to resolve such disputes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm back home now after my 3 nights in town doing jobs. No dead rats or snakes so not much hosing down is needed.

It was a bloody painful 45 minute walk back carrying my backpack but I made it so I'm pleased with the effort...In fact I am pleased with the walking I did each day. Friday night was my only drinking night otherwise it was morning drinks in PBG and Katesiree.. Unfortunately I didn't spot the Haw Mok lady on Soi Honey which is a bit disappointing because her 20 baht bli is bloody delicious!

I've taken chicken wings out the freezer and poured a glass of Mont Clair...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

"It's nice to go travelling, but it's so much nicer to come home"

I was out showing my neighbours the laminating I got done on Saturday for my Health Insurance Certificate which I will keep with my laminated Funeral information .. when the Ice Cream Man turned up .. (It's really neat - Ring Ring!)..

So that was it!! 20 ice creams all around..260 Baht well spent !!!!

So much fucking happiness !!

• Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Best I could do - the staff didn't seem too happy that I was taking pics! 

20231009_110919.jpg

20231009_110820.jpg

20231009_110843.jpg

20231009_110903.jpg

20231009_110802.jpg

At least you had the lounge to soften the blow. Looks very nice.

I bet you left a couple kilos in the planes sh#tter after chowing down on all of that nice grub.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was out showing my neighbours the laminating I got done on Saturday for my Health Insurance Certificate which I will keep with my laminated Funeral information .. when the Ice Cream Man turned up .. (It's really neat - Ring Ring!)..

Isn't doing stuff like that just brill. Worth every baht !

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

One of the joys of living here are the food and vegetable, and yes ice cream carts that roam the neighborhoods. Happy to support those vendors as they're out trying to make an honest living.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

One of the joys of living here are the food and vegetable, and yes ice cream carts that roam the neighborhoods. Happy to support those vendors as they're out trying to make an honest living.

I do the exact same thing in the RP, some bloke riding a bike in the heat, selling Ice cream he's making a few peso profit on to provide for his family. Stops by our house, I buy almost all of his stock and he leaves happy with an ice cold San Miguel for his troubles.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

Best I could do - the staff didn't seem too happy that I was taking pics! 

20231009_110919.jpg

20231009_110820.jpg

20231009_110843.jpg

20231009_110903.jpg

20231009_110802.jpg

I'm doing that many trips i might be able to get in there soon, just booked with EVA for July/August, though my Easter one was booked Thai.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I'm doing that many trips i might be able to get in there soon, just booked with EVA for July/August, though my Easter one was booked Thai.

If you get silver card status, you can get into that lounge even flying economy. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1