What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just about to perform some sack n crack grooming, taking extreme care in the sensitive areas. I do this a few days before my travels to Thailand. Don't ask me why🙂

It's just something I have done for years. I've just had a haircut, so I guess I should tend to the shrubbery below to complement it and not something I would ask my hairdresser to perform😁

Well then .... that's the entertainment sorted for later next month... I can provide the felt tipped pens 

• Haha 3

On 9/28/2023 at 5:00 AM, boydeste said:

@Krapow

£739 and £776  flying economy.

I saved 80 odd quid on the first one using up some miles that expired end of this year.

That's good news..

I have just worked out that in January I will get paid double bubble with my State Pension i.e paid twice in the month as it is paid every 4 weeks.. I can live off my Army Pension that month and still buy a PE ticket with EVA (Or Finn thanks to @Horizondave trip report!)

Tiz my eldest son's 40th next year !!!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That's good news..

I have just worked out that in January I will get paid double bubble with my State Pension i.e paid twice in the month as it is paid every 4 weeks.. I can live off my Army Pension that month and still buy a PE ticket with EVA (Or Finn thanks to @Horizondave trip report!)

Tiz my eldest son's 40th next year !!!

If you or anyone does travel on Finnair, I have a 90 Euro gift card that can be used towards a flight booking. It can be used by anyone, I have the gift number and PIN number. Willing to let it go for about £30 which still gives a value of about £50. It expires in April.

PM me if anyone is interested in it.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

20 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If you or anyone does travel on Finnair, I have a 90 Euro gift card that can be used towards a flight booking. It can be used by anyone, I have the gift number and PIN number. Willing to let it go for about £30 which still gives a value of about £50. It expires in April.

PM me if anyone is interested in it.

That is a very good offer.

Thanks.

Admiring our purchases from yesterday. Mega Mall Bangna for dinner and saw The Expendables movie last night. 

Sportsworld on the bottom floor had an end of summer sale...we can never resist these, this time was no different LOL! 

We both picked up some new running shoes that were on sale, she got the New Balance Fuelcell and I got the Adidas 4D Fusio's. Picked up a new pair of weight lifting gloves too. Today is jogging day. 

IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9810.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

A mate I hadn't seen for a long time asked if I was still doing a bit of fluff chucking, he had a boat booked on Rutland for yesterday and did I wish for a day out.

It turned out to be a difficult day with the massive expanse of water, bright sunshine and strong winds. My back and hips feel like I rode a bucking bronco for 8 hours. Lol.

We managed to catch dinner, well for him anyway, he caught 2 rainbows and I caught 1. 

20230929_174851.jpg

20230929_171945.jpg

20230929_095142.jpg

20230929_172748.jpg

Gotta say it looks like a real lake for a change instead of your usual swamps, lol...definitely a little choppy out there. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

A mate I hadn't seen for a long time asked if I was still doing a bit of fluff chucking, he had a boat booked on Rutland for yesterday and did I wish for a day out.

It turned out to be a difficult day with the massive expanse of water, bright sunshine and strong winds. My back and hips feel like I rode a bucking bronco for 8 hours. Lol.

We managed to catch dinner, well for him anyway, he caught 2 rainbows and I caught 1. 

20230929_174851.jpg

20230929_171945.jpg

20230929_095142.jpg

20230929_172748.jpg

That's more the style of fishing I used to do. Trolling for stippers, then finding an inlet or cove on a lake and bob for crappies while casting for bass.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Admiring our purchases from yesterday. Mega Mall Bangna for dinner and saw The Expendables movie last night. 

Sportsworld on the bottom floor had an end of summer sale...we can never resist these, this time was no different LOL! 

We both picked up some new running shoes that were on sale, she got the New Balance Fuelcell and I got the Adidas 4D Fusio's. Picked up a new pair of weight lifting gloves too. Today is jogging day. 

IMG_9808.JPG

IMG_9810.JPG

IMG_9812.JPG

Nice NB's. I still have a pair from several years back and they are still in great shape. Primarily wear a newer pair of Nikes which are also holding up well.

Gloves.... I've never used them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

Great pic of a truely hideous sight.     I hope things work out for you. Yikes !

Wouldn't call it hideous, just one more of the interesting events that happens through the window at chez Painter. In this case, it's the bi annual coastal protection authorities restock of the sacrificial shingle bank that keeps the sea from flooding the area. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Wouldn't call it hideous, just one more of the interesting events that happens through the window at chez Painter. In this case, it's the bi annual coastal protection authorities restock of the sacrificial shingle bank that keeps the sea from flooding the area. 

In that case.... party on !

15 hours ago, Painter said:

One of the companies I worked for back in the mid 90’s supplied 150,000 tons of gravel for a Dorset beach to reinstate it. It was done around November of that year to avoid the visitor season and the first good storm took the whole lot away overnight.
They then installed some huge stone groynes and we sent them another 150k tons to replace what the sea had nicked. 
Don’t try to buck nature, it’ll Buck you back. 🤣

Edited by KhunDon
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

One of the companies I worked for back in the mid 90’s supplied 150,000 tons of gravel for a Dorset beach to reinstate it. It was done around November of that year to avoid the visitor season and the first good storm took the whole lot away overnight.
They then installed some huge stone groynes and we sent them another 150k tons to replace what the sea had nicked. 
Don’t try to buck nature, it’ll Buck you back. 🤣

Hence our bi-annual visits by the tonka toys brigade!

Originally (30 years ago) the white wall at the end of my garden was the sea wall, and was regularly breached, and the mostly holiday homes, which were wooden shacks, flooded. With the development of more modern properties, and the fact that the sea was eroding under the concrete sea wall,  the current shingle bank was built, and no properties have been flooded since .... he says, touching wood quickly! Yes, the lovely sandy beach has been buried except for low tide, and yes, it has to be restocked regularly, and yes, as a ground floor property I lose some of my view, but it seems to work. The environment agency has big plans to build rock groynes to try and slow some of the coastal drift, but, like everything that's down to money.  From a selfish point of view, I am happy that they have no plans to raise the height of the shingle bank for another 60 years, when I hope to be well and truely gone!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Been a lazy day, slept in late, got up and watched several you tube vids, then watched the final of the snooker. Walked 3 miles and stopped off at the pub. Going to pick up a mixed kebab for dinner and watch the evening session of the snooker over a nice bottle of red.

• Thumbs Up 5