What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

17 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And the winner is ..... Mr Big Carrot!!!!!

They have just been delivered and I have 4 packs in my freezer !!! I have instructed the Soi dogs to rip the goolies off any farang walking within 50m of my luxury mansion here !!

To follow up on this morning's walk..

- My package has arrived in my PO BOX.

- Villa market had fresh parsnips but I doubt they have had 2 hard frosts enough to make them sweet. Perhaps @thegrogmonster can say whether very hard frosts occur in veggie growing areas of Oz? No frozen parsnips available but 19 Crimes Hard Chard was !!!

- Tops in Centrun had neither fresh nor frozen

- Fever (FEVER!) had run out of pretty much all frozen veggie.

- Highlight of this morning's walk was spotting @forcebwithu stocking up on carbs and fart power opposite The Castle.........

Information for those interested in parsnips for Thanksgiving and Chrimbletide :-

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/frozen-food/cream-of-the-crop-honey-glazed-parsnips-600g/

If you asked your girlfriend to look at the parsnips would they be

Honey Gazed Parsnips?

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Filling my van up for the long journey home.

Should save a bit on gas for the return. Less weight without any brown sauce. 

Don't forget to stop at the market before arriving at the homestead. You'll be jonesing tomorrow if you forget (unless you have one stashed under the sink for emergency purposes).

5555555555555  !

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Out shopping .

My sister Jan has been emptying her bank accounts so I don’t have to pay inheritance tax, She gave me almost £70k on Tuesday in cash.

So thought I’d treat myself.

IMG_0581.jpeg

Not 100% sure , but i don't think you would have to pay tax on anything under £325,000 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The back of the van is locked whilst I am driving,  but good luck to them if they think they can squeeze in!

Have customs ever made you empty it looking for contraband?  I can't imagine that would be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Should save a bit on gas for the return. Less weight without any brown sauce. 

Don't forget to stop at the market before arriving at the homestead. You'll be jonesing tomorrow if you forget (unless you have one stashed under the sink for emergency purposes).

5555555555555  !

Quite a bit lighter, 3 weeks worth of bait, water and food, not to mention the sauce, mayo and cooking oil.

I am bringing a bottle of plonk and a nice bottle of red back.

Sadly, I missed out on duty free because they called us earlier than normal as customs were very slow. Now the train has been delayed and still waiting for it to get going. 🙃 

Ah we just started moving. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, KWA said:

Have customs ever made you empty it looking for contraband?  I can't imagine that would be fun.

Not yet, they have looked in the back before and just now the police asked me what I was carrying. He wasn't interested when I said fishing tackle. Probably dug through smelly nets and gear in the past.

On an earlier trip I was sent to the big hut for a search, but drove by it without anyone stopping me, so I kept going. Lol.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The back of the van is locked whilst I am driving,  but good luck to them if they think they can squeeze in!

The main problem is at the ferry port where there was a huge camp outside full of them trying to get across any way they could. 

20230729_120647.jpg

20230729_120639.jpg

Plenty of boilies left for the next session 🎣

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

- Highlight of this morning's walk was spotting @forcebwithu stocking up on carbs and fart power opposite The Castle.........

Information for those interested in parsnips for Thanksgiving and Chrimbletide :-

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/frozen-food/cream-of-the-crop-honey-glazed-parsnips-600g/

Now recovering from the hash run yesterday, which you saw us meeting for. It was an epic day of running and drinking. We ended at Spermy's Lake, which we named after one of our long time hashers who first used the area for a run. The map link has photos from a couple of hash runs that have ended there, including yesterday's run.

• Great Info 1

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

Quite a bit lighter, 3 weeks worth of bait, water and food, not to mention the sauce, mayo and cooking oil.

I am bringing a bottle of plonk and a nice bottle of red back.

Sadly, I missed out on duty free because they called us earlier than normal as customs were very slow. Now the train has been delayed and still waiting for it to get going. 🙃 

Ah we just started moving. 

Choo Choo !

• Like 1