What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

How are the second hand prices holding? 

To be honest @Bazle I’ve not looked at them at the moment. 
Many EV’s second hand prices have gone up and down like a butcher’s hook lately, due to various things, so I’ll look at them closer to the time we purchase a new one. 

I’d probably sell privately, the problem with that is time wasting tyre kickers, if not I’d try Motorway or a similar company and let them bid for it amongst themselves.
The price I get is pretty much down to what is offered on the day, once I’ve bought the new car.

We don’t have to sell it for a deposit on the new car as we always pay cash and we can afford to wait for the best price possible, but as it’s top of the line which have been selling very fast on various second hand sites.

I’ll just SORN it once the new car arrives and save the VED and insurance. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Days off again - worked until 0645 and then got three hours of sleep; I should be  going downtown to do some shopping and errands but have decided to go and have a lunchtime beer in my buddy's shop instead. Six more shifts and I am off for a few weeks and can hopefully live like a normal daytime human for a while....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Days off again - worked until 0645 and then got three hours of sleep; I should be  going downtown to do some shopping and errands but have decided to go and have a lunchtime beer in my buddy's shop instead. Six more shifts and I am off for a few weeks and can hopefully live like a normal daytime human for a while....

I feel your pain brother. I've done 72 hours over the last 5 days and have another 48 hours ahead of me. Luckily I'm on changeover from days to nights, so I've got 24 hours off (finished 7pm this evening back in 19:00 tomorrow).

just enjoying a Jim Beam and coke and listening to some vintage UFO.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Butch said:

I feel your pain brother. I've done 72 hours over the last 5 days and have another 48 hours ahead of me. Luckily I'm on changeover from days to nights, so I've got 24 hours off (finished 7pm this evening back in 19:00 tomorrow).

just enjoying a Jim Beam and coke and listening to some vintage UFO.

I'd rather have tea with milk.

• Haha 1

Just getting out of bed after selling some hockey tickets through Facebook. Cheapest and least desirable game out of a quarter season of ten games I bought last month, so priced it on lower side & happy it’s gone. They say there’s no such thing as a fast $, but I saw that our first game against Chicago on 10/14 was going for almost 300% higher, actually found 3 seats(30 tickets) for less than $3k. So $160 today, $800 next game, and probably $1200-1400 for 2 games in Jan-February means the other 18 seats only have to sell around $45 each to break even……seeing as a pre-season game just went for $53, should be OK. 10-15% return by March still beats the banks, no? 

God technology makes it soooooo easy these days…..no paper tickets anymore, other guy sent me a wire & the team’s website just lets me transfer with his e-mail

But…….this might be the last time I use FB Marketplace to sell them. Tried listing that expensive game a week after I listed this one……now it violates their T&C. No ticket resales allowed anymore, WTF? 

Oh well, I’ll find a way to sell AND avoid Stubhub….thieving bastards

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Mozzies are pretty well done now hereabouts but we have black flies instead, which are worse - thankfully their season is much shorter. 

Fort McMurray was awful during the short summers we had…..the lake near Downtown, anywhere close they just fed off it, I was shocked for such a Northern location

Montreal the worst I ever saw was a June evening in the mid-1990’s…Playing golf with Dad at a regular spot, Vercheres which has 36 holes, 9 wide-open below by a field, 27 above by clubhouse in a forest. Anyway, I believe we didn’t play our usual Red Course 18 that day after work, and the Blue 18 was 9 holes all the way out, 9 back in……which is rare- no clubhouse to stop at in case we wanted to quit. Well of all the times to be “stuck” like that a minimum of a mile from the parking lot….ugghhhh! 3-4 times we couldn’t even tee off, just swarms of mosquitoes around us, was not pleasant! 

Years later we’d laugh about it, we both never saw i close to that bad again. Here’s an aerial view that clearly demonstrates what I mean, 90% of the time we played the lower 9 followed by 9 up top….Anyway those were the days, for our UK friends was the equivalent of £5 back then and we always got 18 in after work at Pratt & Whitney, he got me in 5 summers from 95-99

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just paid my Health Insurance 2nd payment (I split it over 2 months Aug/Sept).

So in the past 7 days I have done my HI, Visa renewal and 90 Days reporting..!!

I've taken a lamb shank out the freezer to celebrate!

And a gallon box of White Zinfandel to wash her down? 

Just now, Golfingboy said:

And a gallon box of White Zinfandel to wash her down? 

I'll pop into Bic C later to buy something special...

Regarding the lamb shank ...I've realized why the Aussie ones may be cheaper by Kg that the NZ ones... They haven't been skinned! This is the 2nd one I've skinned now but didn't make the connection in price difference until this morning as I never skinned the NZ ones.... Or perhaps I was just too lazy before ....

One thing is for sure though... the Aussie ones are much much meatier.. and well worth the effort !!

• Great Info 2

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'll pop into Bic C later to buy something special...

Regarding the lamb shank ...I've realized why the Aussie ones may be cheaper by Kg that the NZ ones... They haven't been skinned! This is the 2nd one I've skinned now but didn't make the connection in price difference until this morning as I never skinned the NZ ones.... Or perhaps I was just too lazy before ....

One thing is for sure though... the Aussie ones are much much meatier.. and well worth the effort !!

Was a video on YT showing a Kiwi “taking care” of his flock of lamb…..

F—k me he is talented with a knife……half the comments were like “I’m never going to owe that fella $”…..seems like a wonderful guy, but scary the “skills” this farmer had with his blade

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Was a video on YT showing a Kiwi “taking care” of his flock of lamb…..

F—k me he is talented with a knife……half the comments were like “I’m never going to owe that fella $”…..seems like a wonderful guy, but scary the “skills” this farmer had with his blade

Hahaha ... that is how I learnt how to do it .... Although I struggle with the silver skin because I need a better knife ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Hahaha ... that is how I learnt how to do it .... Although I struggle with the silver skin because I need a better knife ..

Am awfully lazy, worse since this COVID fatigue, so can’t be arsed to maintain a good knife, I wouldn’t appreciate it…..but those 2 Yanks, Bearded Butchers, have said all you need is the one they recommend, think it’s a Victorinox 9” or so…..look at their channel, IIRC as cheap as $43 USD…..the lads wear the old chainmail it’s that sharp 

Always wondered if those Santokus with the art design are as good as they look…..here those are minimum $100+ even for a 7”

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Waiting for the Red Arrows .... 

13.00 - P8 Poseidon Flypast

13.25 - RAF Falcons

13.55 - Patrouille de France

14.40 - Jet Pitts

14.55 - North American AT-6 Pair

15.09 - Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Lancaster, Spitfire, Hurricane)

15.31 - Team Raven - Formation Aerobatic Display Team 

15.50 - PBY-5A Catalina

16.04 - OV-10B Bronco

16.15 - SAAB J35 Draken

16.29 - RAF Red Arrows

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Wanting to borrow a shotgun....

20230914_161010.jpg

We wouldn't mind, except he's not roof trained, and it means we have a weeks worth of partially digested crabs and other crap (literally) to clear off the roof every time we want to use the boat, and it stinks.

The blob on the nav light mast is a plastic owl that is supposed to scare gulls off.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just checked in online, for my Finnair flight tomorrow to Helsinki. Got seat 1F and an invite to the Cathay Pacific Lounge. It's a nice feeling to be going to Thailand (Via Helsinki) on my own, I really need this break. Only 10 days but still looking forward to it.

I hope you are not flying out of Gatwick ... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-66813440

This is the bloody problem with starting a trip to Thailand with a short haul flight to Helsinki, Amsterdam, Paris Frankfurt etc, because I'm guessing they will be the ones cancelled or delayed ..