What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just booked for my daughter to go and see a Michael Jackson tribute act. Ok, Ok, don't give me grief, it's the daughter that loves his music and I have to go with her.  One day she might enquire about his personal life.

Anyhow, it is on my wife's birthday at end of November. £27.50 per adult and £18 for Kataleya. Guy's name is Navi and, supposedly, he is one of the best tribute acts out there. I don't mind the music but won't be dressing up or doing any moon walks.  It takes place at the Gwyn Hall in Neath, which is a great place to see a tribute act. Probably be a good night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navi_(impersonator)

Bloody robbery……you and the little one should be free

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Coincidentally.....  My rod is a bit blistered as well. I had a marathon wank session a couple days ago and it's still healing up. 

:default_cray:

Jesus H. Christ…….I know CM is no damn Pattaya, but they do have female some stress relievers over there still I hope…..

Had a lot of fun there, like I’ve said many freebies as I enjoyed the thrill of the chase, but not worth saving a few baht and then letting feelings get involved. But yeah, once you’ve been to BKK/Patts, the quality/quantity as well as value 4 $……yikes! But when you’ve got many months, you will acquire a list of regulars, maybe a wife too! Even at 33 I was quoted 3K+ at multiple venues back in 2009…….Never paid more than 2K anywhere for any length of time, but like the old-timers always said” if they’re asking for it, somebody’s probably paying it”

Just back to the room after a busy morning..

1. Turned up for my visa process and was taken straight to the bank. That particular branch is normally almost empty but this time I reckon on 6 agents dealing with 30 clients ...That was during the 30 minutes I was there. It took longer because they need a photo to withdraw the money back out ...

2. Very quick in Jomtien. Just to take a photo. But what a change in the place. No queues, everything signed and separated according to what service you require... Well Done Immigration!!!

3. I was sat in Kunney Corner (junction honey/buakhao) and spotted a food cart selling haw mok. I bought two...a pork and bananaflower and a chicken with bamboo shoots sliced, with khao nieow = 50 baht total.....Bloody delicious and filling ...

I'm gonna slug some wine and have a kip now !!

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Assuming they did that to try to bring the action closer to shore for the spectators benefit?

I enjoyed participating in regattas, mostly windsurfing competitions, but unless it was broadcast to TV I recognized it was probably a very boring sport to watch from shore.

From what i gathered the course changed mid race due to an almighty wind shift, resulting in the marklayer being told "as close as you dare"; the race officer can alter the positions of the buoys mid race,  subject to various rules, but cannot change the order they are rounded or direction of the course .

I'd agree, though, from beach level it is very boring to watch, and almost impossible to keep track of. Some of the graphics used on tv coverage makes it much more enjoyable and followable.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Jesus H. Christ…….I know CM is no damn Pattaya, but they do have female some stress relievers over there still I hope…..

Had a lot of fun there, like I’ve said many freebies as I enjoyed the thrill of the chase, but not worth saving a few baht and then letting feelings get involved. But yeah, once you’ve been to BKK/Patts, the quality/quantity as well as value 4 $……yikes! But when you’ve got many months, you will acquire a list of regulars, maybe a wife too! Even at 33 I was quoted 3K+ at multiple venues back in 2009…….Never paid more than 2K anywhere for any length of time, but like the old-timers always said” if they’re asking for it, somebody’s probably paying it”

As they say... "Just joking"      pussy is available everywhere. It's just a question of how much energy and tolerance for the b.s. we have at any given time.

Like Horizon recently stated - you pay them to go away (something similar to this). Sometimes even then it can be a royal pain in the ass.

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

As they say... "Just joking"      pussy is available everywhere. It's just a question of how much energy and tolerance for the b.s. we have at any given time.

Like Horizon recently stated - you pay them to go away (something similar to this). Sometimes even then it can be a royal pain in the ass.

I remember at the end of my long trip in 2010, coming back to Pattaya my final 10 days and at least 3 ladies that week leaving something behind, hairbrush, scrunchie, shirt……you think that was a coincidence? Ah the good old days when the farang and his baht somewhat had the upper hand

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

What’s good these days, is there EVEN a busy bar strip left post-COVID? 

1 minute ago, Golfingboy said:

I remember at the end of my long trip in 2010, coming back to Pattaya my final 10 days and at least 3 ladies that week leaving something behind, hairbrush, scrunchie, shirt……you think that was a coincidence? Ah the good old days when the farang and his baht somewhat had the upper hand

Yep... you said it. 

I think many of the "new school" girls are going to regret their choices though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

What’s good these days, is there EVEN a busy bar strip left post-COVID? 

I don't even do bars anymore mate. Comfortable chilling in the crib, have a friend over now and then.

I am real happy with life now. Doing my daily routine. Relaxing after finding/settling in a place that is as close to perfect for me as I could ever dream. Getting myself in shape and all affairs in order. It is wonderful.

When you are set up right you just pull them down spontaneously as they develop. It's not the same. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Bloody robbery……you and the little one should be free

To get these acts into a small town in south Wales they do need to up the prices. Compared to some concert prices for the real deals in the stadiums it isn't bad and I can walk to this venue.

Supposedly this MJ tribute acts is one of the best.

As a pensioner I get some pretty good deals elsewhere for the things I am expected to be interested in at my age lol

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

To get these acts into a small town in south Wales they do need to up the prices. Compared to some concert prices for the real deals in the stadiums it isn't bad and I can walk to this venue.

As a pensioner I get some pretty good deals elsewhere for the things I am expected to be interested in at my age lol

I remember back in the day paying about $13 for most shows. 

But, I was in a big market town. 

It's been a long time since I've attended a big "concert". The last live music show I saw was at a beach bar on the corner of B.R. and I think it was Soi 7 (can't remember the name of the bar or the band). 

The show was free (beers of course) and the band was tremendous. As good as any big name show I have ever seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I remember back in the day paying about $13 for most shows. 

But, I was in a big market town. 

It's been a long time since I've attended a big "concert". The last live music show I saw was at a beach bar on the corner of B.R. and I think it was Soi 7 (can't remember the name of the bar or the band). 

The show was free (beers of course) and the band was tremendous. As good as any big name show I have ever seen.

I remember paying £2 for a David Bowie concert in 1973, think the prices today would shock me to the core. My concert days are basically over, thankfully. Certainly, no new acts, that I would want to see either.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Coincidentally.....  My rod is a bit blistered as well. I had a marathon wank session a couple days ago and it's still healing up. 

:default_cray:

It saddens me that you are wanking in Thailand mate! :default_1087:

:default_527:

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I remember paying £2 for a David Bowie concert in 1973, think the prices today would shock me to the core. My concert days are basically over, thankfully. Certainly, no new acts, that I would want to see either.

Just like an expensive hooker, or fancy hotel. I don't care how hot she is.... Or how nice a room is. Once you cross a certain thresehold it looses my interests, or level of appeal. Diminishing return of value. 

The extra fluff aint worth squat. Like an expensive mattresse. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Only 17.5 years to go for me….although one young lady already jumped the gun a while back 😀😀😀

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just like an expensive hooker, or fancy hotel. I don't care how hot she is.... Or how nice a room is. Once you cross a certain thresehold it looses my interests, or level of appeal. Diminishing return of value. 

The extra fluff aint worth squat. Like an expensive mattresse. 

Was scanning a site I hadn’t seen before, and browsed the offerings in Manila. Long story short, I think some ladies want what a labourer used to make in a month……for an hour of their time. 

Yeah, I can pay less in MTL and avoid 48 hours of planes and airports

Just back from a morning walk along beach road to the Post Office, then back to my room...

Oddly, I am craving a "Little Chef" Half chicken, chips and peas smothered in gravy ... Specifically the one I used to use on the Fosseway ... 

Just an afterthought .... The aircon in my room is quite efficient and I've got it turned down low ..... I wonder if that is the reason...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Little Chef, that brings back memories. Have they really gone?

https://twistedfood.co.uk/articles/does-little-chef-still-exist-restaurant

I LOVED THEM!!

I have no idea where they got their bad reputation from. The afore mentioned chicken and chips was fine dining compared to MacDs and BK that were the new kids on the block that forced them out (look at the shit they dish out now and at what cost?)

Years and years ago the little Little Chef on Ringwood Rd was a little used, little oasis hidden by trees on the A31! When Gastro Pubs were destroying local country pubs in Dorset my Mum would ask to "go to the place where they sell cheap Sweet Martini and do prawn cocktails". She loved it in there. When she died and I sold the house I stayed at the "new" Travelodge that had cropped up there. I went into the "Little Chef" and it just wasn't the same.... By buggery I've just shed a tear !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I LOVED THEM!!

I have no idea where they got their bad reputation from. The afore mentioned chicken and chips was fine dining compared to MacDs and BK that were the new kids on the block that forced them out (look at the shit they dish out now and at what cost?)

Years and years ago the little Little Chef on Ringwood Rd was a little used, little oasis hidden by trees on the A31! When Gastro Pubs were destroying local country pubs in Dorset my Mum would ask to "go to the place where they sell cheap Sweet Martini and do prawn cocktails". She loved it in there. When she died and I sold the house I stayed at the "new" Travelodge that had cropped up there. I went into the "Little Chef" and it just wasn't the same.... By buggery I've just shed a tear !!

I’ve eaten in many a Little Chef @Derek Dangleberries including the one you mentioned on the A31, always found the food simple, but good and spotlessly clean and another one a bit further West past the Blandford turning, going West. 

Sad to see them go. 😟

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

I’ve eaten in many a Little Chef @Derek Dangleberries including the one you mentioned on the A31, always found the food simple, but good and spotlessly clean and another a bit further West past the Blandford turning, going West. 

Sad to see them go. 😟

Yeh!..

There was one further East too, past Ringwood in the New Forest. It was used as a Monday morning meeting point for Engineers to meet up to swap kit around and discuss work for the week. It was easy to get to from both directions because of the little tunnel .....

Brilliant stop!

• Like 2

Anyways, getting back to my craving for a Little Chef Half Chicken and chips this morning...

I set off to buy half a chicken at the BBQ stall on the Buakhao chikane. I stopped off to buy a couple of Haw Mok and sticky rice on the way, as I approached the chikane I spotted the Wednesday daily special in Witherspoons .. could you bloody believe it !! Half a bloody chicken, bloody chips and effing peas and buggering gravy!!!!

I decided to stick to my plan though and had a great afternoon eating my haw mok with half a chicken washed down with a bottle of wine !! (Much cheaper too !!!)

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2