What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

6 hours ago, Painter said:

Wanting to borrow a shotgun....

20230914_161010.jpg

We wouldn't mind, except he's not roof trained, and it means we have a weeks worth of partially digested crabs and other crap (literally) to clear off the roof every time we want to use the boat, and it stinks.

The blob on the nav light mast is a plastic owl that is supposed to scare gulls off.....

Wouldn't netting over the top solve the problem?

image.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Painter said:

No. The bugger would just use it as a hammock!  Other moorings owners have tried everything from cds to solar lights..... they have no fear!

I think you must have missed my "spikes" post.

20221211_115046.jpg

get the whole roof spiked, it'll be much better than the softly, softly hammock approache and to be honest less messy (but not totally mess free) than blowing its head off.

44 minutes ago, Zambo said:

20221211_115046.jpg

get the whole roof spiked, it'll be much better than the softly, softly hammock approache and to be honest less messy (but not totally mess free) than blowing its head off.

Not much good when the bimbos ladies want to sit up there though...

10 minutes ago, Painter said:

Not much good when the bimbos ladies want to sit up there though...

There's always a downside. But to be frank i wonder if the ladies are only up there for a better mobile signal..... if so problem solved - the spikes.

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

20221211_115046.jpg

Some birds put bird spikes to good use.

Pigeon at the Australian War Memorial

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I can't keep up .. packing to return home or packing for a new trip ???

Packing to move lake. I am on a 3 week fishing trip. Change over day being on Saturday. 

Done two weeks already so my next Packing day should be to return back to the UK.

• Thumbs Up 1

Listening to the patter of rainfall outside my door. The patterns have increase the past few days. Seems like we get three very heavy rainfalls a day now. 

Counting the days until this season is over.

Kind of nice to watcht though when you don't have to go anywhere.

• Like 2

I have just strolled across to my friend's food cart to catch him before he sets off for the night..

I wanted some taut man pli/pla/moo to snack on watching the footie tonight but the bastard didn't cook any!!

I normally drain the fat off for an hour and let them cool down before putting them in the fridge.. Kick off in 2 hours so they'd have been perfect ..

Bastard !

• Sad 3

Woke up to a grey, windy and slightly wet autumn morning with 4C at 0800 - quick blast downtown to do some grocery shopping when it's quiet, no way will I even think of doing this in the afternoon; it would be a good pub day but I have to work tonight at 1930 so I'll just have a quiet one at home instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Took a mate to the most remote marina in the harbour to pick up his new boat earlier. It's that remote it gets a hour of water either side of high tide if they're lucky. He said he knew the channel.... I suppose us bouncing on the bottom might have taken some of the end of season weed off the bottom as we entered

I dropped him off and scarpered. He rang an hour later.... he might get off the mud at about midnight.... Fortunately his new boat has a cabin and is comfortable for his stay on the mud....

20230916_122518.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/28/2023 at 12:43 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Nursing a chest infection that I am sure that I picked up when visiting my Doctor's surgery on Monday morning  

I had a nasty Chest infection the clinic told me to get 1500 Mg of Zithromax 6 250 capsules and take them all at once this was in the morning. The next morning all gone worked  great !  

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I had a nasty Chest infection the clinic told me to get 1500 Mg of Zithromax 6 250 capsules and take them all at once this was in the morning. The next morning all gone worked  great !  

If it were me I'd follow up with a daily dose of 250mg morning and evening for three days, just to make sure the infection was knocked out for good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gym this morning, Sunday is a good day for me. On this one "Body Pump" class at 11:00am, there is probably a 100 women there.....amazing. 

Last Sunday these gals asked me if I could take a pic of them with their cell phones, I did and then asked if I could take one with my camera....all is well, then they asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with them after our work out. 

I was born at night..................................but it wasn't last night!  I could see one of my neighbors seeing me sitting with "3 birds" They would sell me out in a New York Minute to wifey. 

IMG_9792..jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1