What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just in town for a few days doing jobs. Back to the slums tomorrow.

I have 8 more months before the eviction kicks in and have to move out but I have plenty of options that I will discuss with my daughter over the weekend.

Ah yes, I forgot you do the sorties into town for a few days every now and again.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Was watching 'The Chase' on ITV and I found myself wishing a certain contestant to lose. This guy, called Joe (aged 25), from Swansea was really arrogant and making negative comments about his twin, saying he wasn't smart enough to be on the show. He built up a good cash builder and was beaming ear to ear.

He was saying that he wanted to win money to provide a small deposit for him and his girlfriend to move in together. I was shocked that he took the low offer of £1000, to 'ensure' he got back to the team.  Anyhow with all the questions, he was trying to act smart in how he arrived at his answer. He failed miserably at most of the answers and I was so happy when he got knocked out, he was very poor and you could tell he was not a happy lad.

The best bit though, was that the other 3 contestants (Julia, Laura and Bryan), went on to accumulate £120000 between them for the final chase, I really hoped they would win. Up against the 'Beast' they hit 22 questions correct and managed to beat the Chaser in two minutes. I was so happy that they got £40000 each, and even more happy that Joe, didn't get a penny. Great game.

Apologies to anybody who has no idea what The Chase is.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, Horizondave said:

Just booked for my daughter to go and see a Michael Jackson tribute act. Ok, Ok, don't give me grief, it's the daughter that loves his music and I have to go with her.  One day she might enquire about his personal life.

Anyhow, it is on my wife's birthday at end of November. £27.50 per adult and £18 for Kataleya. Guy's name is Navi and, supposedly, he is one of the best tribute acts out there. I don't mind the music but won't be dressing up or doing any moon walks.  It takes place at the Gwyn Hall in Neath, which is a great place to see a tribute act. Probably be a good night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navi_(impersonator)

Over the last year I’ve seen Poison, Motley Crue, AC/DC,Motörhead, and a female Black Sabbath tribute.

All were brilliant. Close your eyes and you would think it’s the real thing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

50 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Was watching 'The Chase' on ITV and I found myself wishing a certain contestant to lose. This guy, called Joe (aged 25), from Swansea was really arrogant and making negative comments about his twin, saying he wasn't smart enough to be on the show. He built up a good cash builder and was beaming ear to ear.

He was saying that he wanted to win money to provide a small deposit for him and his girlfriend to move in together. I was shocked that he took the low offer of £1000, to 'ensure' he got back to the team.  Anyhow with all the questions, he was trying to act smart in how he arrived at his answer. He failed miserably at most of the answers and I was so happy when he got knocked out, he was very poor and you could tell he was not a happy lad.

The best bit though, was that the other 3 contestants (Julia, Laura and Bryan), went on to accumulate £120000 between them for the final chase, I really hoped they would win. Up against the 'Beast' they hit 22 questions correct and managed to beat the Chaser in two minutes. I was so happy that they got £40000 each, and even more happy that Joe, didn't get a penny. Great game.

I haven't watched that for ages  😜

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wifey and I watched the American version of this every week when we were there...great show. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I checked out early to collect my passport and take a one hour walk home....

- On the way I spotted a crane off loading a new TT exchange box by Katesiree (old new by the look) no idea what was happening but was expecting to see @forcebwithu there snapping away!!!

- I got home to be greeted by the smell of dead rat...2 of them actually..So at least the cats have been busy in my absence!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Was at the Guildhall in the Square mile today for an away day, beautiful historic place and area, so many little alley ways, old churches, mayor's Court, Guildhall library etc.

Thought I was speaking through the mics at the UN or similar 😄

20230908_104822.jpg

20230908_104850.jpg

20230908_104351.jpg

20230908_104359.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Done something I have only ever done a few times in my life, bought a rump steak from the supermarket with a view to cooking it. 

I have read that steaks are full of protein and I really want to up my protein levels ahead of my holiday next week.

Whenever I have been to a restaurant I have only ever looked at chicken, fish and pasta options, I have never looked at the beef menu except on maybe three occasions. Those occasions have been at Beefeater in the arcade in Pattaya, a restaurant called Saigon that used to be on the top floor of a hotel off the Thappraya road and at Orleans Restaurant on the corner of Boystown. (not sure if any of these restaurants are still open).

Looks like I need to fry it on high heat in a bit of butter for a few minutes each side, I will serve it with 3 eggs which I know are good for you. Think it says there are about 50 grams of protein in the steak I have bought. Good quality from Tesco. 

I will give it a go.

Reminds me of a guy I met in Robin's Nest back about 13 years ago who told me if I wanted to lose weight fast, eat steak and eggs for 3 weeks. He did admit most people couldn't last for 3 weeks, just on that dish. He was a jockey.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

Just back from 7/11 ... too hot to walk further .. so I bought 6 x Siam Sato and a bottle of Laughing Bird...

Earlier I took delivery of 2 packs each with 2 Aussie Lamb hind shanks .. I aint gonna touch them until I get the chance to buy some  19 Crimes or Mac Williams red wines.. but they look much meatier and chunkier than the NZ lamb shanks and they are cheaper... I could never afford them if I was living in England on my pensions..

Can't bloody wait !!

• Thumbs Up 2