What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Wife saw a mouse in one of the below worktop cupboards the other day, so I sent her out for some pre baited spring traps. 
Looked this morning and it had killed one and I told wifey, whereupon she screamed and did her Thai dance and told me to get rid of said mouse and not to set trap again as we have got rid of the mouse problem!!! 

I knew I shouldn’t, even before I did, but I tried to explain that mice don’t come in ones and that there will be bound to be more hidden away. 
I tried the old analogy of placing one grain of rice on the first square of a chessboard and multiplying it to allow for breeding times and the amount of baby mice the mother can give birth to every couple of months and finishing up with a bag of rice at the end of a few birth cycles. 
Did she understand, did she hell.😡

So while she was out on the school run I set 2 traps and hid them where she’d never look. 

She can’t get it into her pretty head that they are attracted to the various packs of her fecking Thai stuffs that she opens, uses a bit then puts the open packs into the bloody cupboard for the mice to eat. 

She’s a very intelligent woman normally, but there are some things that Thai women just can’t seem to grasp. 

Never mind, the Big, White Hunter is on the job now and hopefully I’ll wipe out this terrible menace that has invaded our home, before they multiply too much. 🤗 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

No, this landscape looks more like the Northwest Territories - my home in the Yukon Territory is much more hilly and mountainous whereas most of the NWT is pretty flat like this. 

You wouldn't be wearing your shorts and t-shirt for long, lol - there's a reason my co-worker is wearing his parka, even in May it's a cold wind blowing off that ice; and yes, that is a polar bear - the village had just finished getting their annual quota of same before we arrived and there were several hides hanging here and there. I bought one myself on one of my later trips and had it mounted but sold it again years ago. 

Yea, my trips are for pleasure, to declutter my head from work and the big overcrowded dirty city.

So clean, fresh, remote, pristine, beautiful nature. Even the water tastes different and better.

What was your work in such places?

Edit - And do stuff like this, i'd never had the chance to do before -

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, richy65 said:

I lost my credit card on Soi Cowboy once, was in a right old panic!

I was lying on my bed after being attended to by my new friend while I was on the phone to Barclays 😆

Multi tasking. Good man. 👍🤗🏆

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Wife saw a mouse in one of the below worktop cupboards the other day, so I sent her out for some pre baited spring traps. 
Looked this morning and it had killed one and I told wifey, whereupon she screamed and did her Thai dance and told me to get rid of said mouse and not to set trap again as we have got rid of the mouse problem!!! 

I knew I shouldn’t, even before I did, but I tried to explain that mice don’t come in ones and that there will be bound to be more hidden away. 
I tried the old analogy of placing one grain of rice on the first square of a chessboard and multiplying it to allow for breeding times and the amount of baby mice the mother can give birth to every couple of months and finishing up with a bag of rice at the end of a few birth cycles. 
Did she understand, did she hell.😡

So while she was out on the school run I set 2 traps and hid them where she’d never look. 

She can’t get it into her pretty head that they are attracted to the various packs of her fecking Thai stuffs that she opens, uses a bit then puts the open packs into the bloody cupboard for the mice to eat. 

She’s a very intelligent woman normally, but there are some things that Thai women just can’t seem to grasp. 

Never mind, the Big, White Hunter is on the job now and hopefully I’ll wipe out this terrible menace that has invaded our home, before they multiply too much. 🤗 

Once you have got them, you will get them again and again. Keep them traps primed oh kemosabe!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Yea, my trips are for pleasure, to declutter my head from work and the big overcrowded dirty city.

So clean, fresh, remote, pristine, beautiful nature. Even the water tastes different and better.

I worked for a telephone company that served a vast part of Canada - today just about all of Canada above the 60th parallel and some parts below it; in 1980-81 I lived for a year in Inuvik, NWT and travelled all around that area as a service technician, later I moved back to my home town where I presently reside, changing departments and making many trips back to the western Arctic doing work on the service infrastructure rather than the home/business stuff. 

Snowmobiles can be fun, particularly if you have never tried them - but they are a lot more fun up in the mountains where the snow gets really deep and you have all the ups and downs; here's a shot of me in the blue coat and a buddy up in local mountains, only about 15 miles from my home as the raven flies - this was my last machine, an Arctic Cat Thundercat with 900cc two-cycle triple producing 185hp and good for 120mph on the flat - a real beast:

rsz_1996_arctic_cat_thundercat_900_-_2002_with_mark_lowes_fish_lake.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

My philosophy throughout my working career was I work to afford my time off.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Same, work to live, Not live to work.

^ Good work philosophies. People who are too serious about their work are often not 'happy campers' ... i.e., often stressed out.

Granted, stressful jobs can be very rewarding and provide for more 'fun tickets' for down times.

I was lucky to have had a few jobs that I really enjoyed. Sometimes though when one's 'fun' becomes their work it can spoil the fun and it's time to get on to other things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Have you bought a Mother in Laws Tongue plant..

It emits oxygen during the night and aids sleep ,,

No, just this and the spider plant. I’ll have to speak to the lady on the flower stand. Jan won’t need one as she sleeps about 18 hours a day minimum. She is pretty heavily medicated now.

But may be good for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Are you sure?

Most plants photosynthesize in the sun where they give off oxygen during the day, but give off carbon dioxide at night in the dark.

Edited by boydeste

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Once you have got them, you will get them again and again. Keep them traps primed oh kemosabe!

knock em dead quick, or you forever be plauged.

Typical Thai's don;t like to kill... I can dig it. But sometimes they just act that way to please Buddha, It's ingrained, and there ain't nothin that is gonna change that.

34 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Are you sure?

Most plants photosynthesize in the sun where they give off oxygen during the day, but give off carbon dioxide at night in the dark.

I just did a bit of research and you are right, the plant bucks the norm and is unique in the fact it can produce oxygen at night.

Every day is a School day!

I thought for a minute that I had a use for the info gleamed from O level biology.  Lol

Edited by boydeste
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Are you sure?

Yes mate it is the only house plant to do it.

Other useful properties with it is that it is supposed to overcome petrol fumes. I have also seen it used in the village as the Thai equivalent of a "Dock Leaf" especially with minor burns ..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate it is the only house plant to do it.

Other useful properties with it is that it is supposed to overcome petrol fumes. I have also seen it used in the village as the Thai equivalent of a "Dock Leaf" especially with minor burns ..

Yes, it purifies the air too, imagine how many you would need living up in CM during burning season?

Dock leaf, to be found near by stinging nettles, something I learnt from my grandad as I got stung way too often whilst fishing. They offer an incredible quick relief, quicker than a soi buckhau massage girl I can tell ya!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Same, work to live, Not live to work.

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

^ Good work philosophies. People who are too serious about their work are often not 'happy campers' ... i.e., often stressed out.

Granted, stressful jobs can be very rewarding and provide for more 'fun tickets' for down times.

I was lucky to have had a few jobs that I really enjoyed. Sometimes though when one's 'fun' becomes their work it can spoil the fun and it's time to get on to other things.

If I could retire tomorrow I would, and spend my Time between diving in Thailand, and wilderness/nature exploring in Northern Lapland.

Well, my daughter's education would be a consideration, but I'm sure we'd sort out something suitable. 

FB_IMG_1683565089731.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

If I could retire tomorrow I would, and spend my Time between diving in Thailand, and wilderness/nature exploring in Northern Lapland.

Well, my daughter's education would be a consideration, but I'm sure we'd sort out something suitable. 

FB_IMG_1683565089731.jpg

My only passion is to to have a hot 18 year old blonde come and visit me every day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, galenkia said:

About ten minutes away from Esher station. Jan’s awake and I’ll give her the new plant I bought for her earlier. That will cheer her up a lot.

You're a great brother! Hang in there, be strong...as you have been all along.

🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1