What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

58 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

At 7am M'Lady received a call from the Government Land Office to say that her Blue Book with my name included was ready for collection ... along with my ID Card !

In the 29 years I have lived here I have never bothered about it before. I am unaware of any advantages of it (or not) so it will be a 30 minute drive in to town later to pick it up....

Did they change colors? When I got married here in Jan 2016, my wife and I went down to the local office here, got my Thai ID card, a week later came back and I was issued a "yellow book" showing that I am a foreign national, married to a Thai and establishes my permanent residence here or something to that effect. 

2 weeks later, went down to the local " learn to drive in Thailand" office, took the course, took the test, passed and got a drivers license. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Did they change colors? When I got married here in Jan 2016, my wife and I went down to the local office here, got my Thai ID card, a week later came back and I was issued a "yellow book" showing that I am a foreign national, married to a Thai and establishes my permanent residence here or something to that effect. 

2 weeks later, went down to the local " learn to drive in Thailand" office, took the course, took the test, passed and got a drivers license. 

A yellow book is for Farang. A blue book is for Thais. I am being added to hers.

I have been told that we have to go there at 1:30pm for my photo to be taken after all the Thais have been processed then I will get issued my Pink ID Card.

The driving Test is well over an hours drive away so I shall probably just pay an agent. But let's see...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Do you miss the snow? Truth be told, I do.

I do enjoy the snow although I'm not an avid skier and I actually like driving in it. But at 75 I must admit I get pretty fed up with the shoveling.  I've been in Durango since 1975 and have never regretted it. I'm known for manicureing the snow in my parking spot

20230117_092045.jpg

20230117_092058.jpg

20230117_114743.jpg

20230118_103447.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Geezussss    You must have put a ton of salt down.

No salt. We don't use it here in Colorado except on major highways. I hand shoveling everything and love doing it. It keeps me healthy. It's funny... I absolutely hate raking the fall leaves but come winter snows and I can be out there for hours on end. The GF keeps telling me to come in and I keep saying--- "20 more minutes"

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

I do enjoy the snow although I'm not an avid skier and I actually like driving in it. But at 75 I must admit I get pretty fed up with the shoveling.  I've been in Durango since 1975 and have never regretted it. I'm known for manicureing the snow in my parking spot

Looks like you moved into town from your place up north?

7 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

No salt. We don't use it here in Colorado except on major highways. I hand shoveling everything and love doing it. It keeps me healthy. It's funny... I absolutely hate raking the fall leaves but come winter snows and I can be out there for hours on end. The GF keeps telling me to come in and I keep saying--- "20 more minutes"

Holy Cow !

I used to have a house out in the sticks, rural Central Illinois. It had about a 40' straight shot driveway. I had a Ford Ranger (four speed, standard drive good tires).

With heavy snow I would go out clean off the windshield, start it up, go back inside and let it run for a few. 

Then go out and drive out to the road, picking up enough speed to get over any snow plough hump and be on my way. The snow would weigh down the rear so I would get plenty of traction. Can't remember ever getting stuck.

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My eldest does a lot of running so when I flew back last year I took back several jars of "fake" tiger balm. 

On Theprasit, just passed the Lotus complex on the left.

I take this back for my Dad 

IMG_5985.jpeg

I have also bought him five Fred Perry polos for THB 1k , from Mikes 

that's my shopping done for this trip 555

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just booked my hotel for 3 nights in Bangkok prior to going back to Blighty.

Dynasty Grande must be nearly full they were asking silly money so we're just around the corner in the Ibis.

Bummer is my dep time is 0825....hardly worth going to bed.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just booked my hotel for 3 nights in Bangkok prior to going back to Blighty.

Dynasty Grande must be nearly full they were asking silly money so we're just around the corner in the Ibis.

Bummer is my dep time is 0825....hardly worth going to bed.

Oddly enough, the DG is cheaper these days if you book through Agoda, and they seem to prefer it this way - I booked through their site for years but now just use Agoda - I am here at the DG now. 

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Hand action under table ?

Sorry I missed it.

This is closer to the truth than you might realize.  Larrys stinky finger test was reenacted  and i have the photos

• Like 1