Good To Be Back

Binlid

When we left Khaothong Hill after the sun had gone down I began to get pains in my stomach which got steadily worse during the 45 minute drive back to Ao Nang.By the time we got back to the hotel I had a headache and was getting that pre hurling sensation in my abdominal,I was like this for about an hour before the vomiting and diarrhea started. By the time the vomiting stopped it must have been midnight. Wie went to the pharmacy when it opened in the morning at 8am.she come back with the usual items and a bunch of bananas, ffs.The pharmacist said they were organic from her own garden and that I could eat a banana but to avoid acidic fruit. Can you imagine your pharmacist in Boots giftingΒ  you a bunch of 🍌 🍌 🍌 🍌. πŸ˜ƒ

• Sad 3

It's every ones night mare. You have food poisoning and know what's coming.Β 

I am lucky that I don't eat fish or shellfish so generally Don't get any thing too bad, but still occasionally get caught.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

^ hope you weren't ill too long ...Β 

Stopped in bed drinking fluids all day and by the time evening come I was ready to try some food.I called room service and I had a chicken and mushroom in a creamy white wine sauce with a potato rosti and Wie had a Prawn Tom Yum soup

Β 

20230422_182757.jpg

20230422_182802.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Binlid said:

Stopped in bed drinking fluids all day and by the time evening come I was ready to try some food.I called room service and I had a chicken and mushroom in a creamy white wine sauce with a potato rosti and Wie had a Prawn Tom Yum soup

Β 

20230422_182757.jpg

20230422_182802.jpg

That's a really odd choice, but right up my street.Β 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Some more photos from the Samet Nangshe viewpoint which is just over a 2hr drive from Ao Nang.The idea was to then to stop off at the Khaothong Hill viewpoint on the way back to Ao Nang to watch the sun setting over Phang Nga Bay.

FB_IMG_1683753567309.jpg20230421_124401.jpg

Β 

Β 

FB_IMG_1683753373398.jpgFB_IMG_1683753522211.jpg

20230421_115120.jpg

20230421_124308.jpg

20230422_154442.jpg

FB_IMG_1683753624347.jpg

20230421_174933.jpg

20230421_182704.jpg

20230421_182722.jpg

FB_IMG_1683753384313.jpg

FB_IMG_1683753420090.jpg

Β FB_IMG_1683753475505.jpg

Class pics, a beautiful area. Who needs Halong Bay!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's every ones night mare. You have food poisoning and know what's coming.Β 

I am lucky that I don't eat fish or shellfish so generally Don't get any thing too bad, but still occasionally get caught.

I don't eat Shellfish either Stew,a KFC Zinger I ate at 1pm is getting the blame.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Binlid said:

When we left Khaothong Hill after the sun had gone down I began to get pains in my stomach which got steadily worse during the 45 minute drive back to Ao Nang.By the time we got back to the hotel I had a headache and was getting that pre hurling sensation in my abdominal,I was like this for about an hour before the vomiting and diarrhea started. By the time the vomiting stopped it must have been midnight. Wie went to the pharmacy when it opened in the morning at 8am.she come back with the usual items and a bunch of bananas, ffs.The pharmacist said they were organic from her own garden and that I could eat a banana but to avoid acidic fruit. Can you imagine your pharmacist in Boots giftingΒ  you a bunch of 🍌 🍌 🍌 🍌. πŸ˜ƒ

Yea, i had it the morning we were flying home in April. Woke up before 6, planned on hammering the King Power breakfast buffet.

Had a shower was fine, then the same symptoms. Ate some porridge, that was all, and the runs. Purposely ate it to get the runs, try get rid of it. Was a nightmare, Sa trying to be helpful was ringing her sister the nurse who was saying can't travel, what if get really sick on the airplane. I said f**k that, insurance would cover me, but all the hassle.Β 

I can remember sitting outside the Miracle Lounge at the airport sweating like f**k, deep breaths, Sa annoying the f**k outta me saying can't travel. I'm not a good patientΒ :lol:

Anyways, tried to not look too sick, got on the plane, ate f**k all, got home, didn't feel okay until the next morning.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i had it the morning we were flying home in April. Woke up before 6, planned on hammering the King Power breakfast buffet.

Had a shower was fine, then the same symptoms. Ate some porridge, that was all, and the runs. Purposely ate it to get the runs, try get rid of it. Was a nightmare, Sa trying to be helpful was ringing her sister the nurse who was saying can't travel, what if get really sick on the airplane. I said f**k that, insurance would cover me, but all the hassle.Β 

I can remember sitting outside the Miracle Lounge at the airport sweating like f**k, deep breaths, Sa annoying the f**k outta me saying can't travel. I'm not a good patientΒ :lol:

Anyways, tried to not look too sick, got on the plane, ate f**k all, got home, didn't feel okay until the next morning.

Nightmare.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Binlid said:

I don't eat Shellfish either Stew,a KFC Zinger I ate at 1pm is getting the blame.

Blimey, I remember getting food poisoning after eating a KFC a few years back. We stopped off at one on the way to Hua Hin from Bangkok. It was like a zinger but in a black bap, think it was squid ink bap or something but had a really bad effect on me hours later.

Best to keep away from KFC in Thailand I think!

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Blimey, I remember getting food poisoning after eating a KFC a few years back. We stopped off at one on the way to Hua Hin from Bangkok. It was like a zinger but in a black bap, think it was squid ink bap or something but had a really bad effect on me hours later.

I have eaten KFC many times in Thailand, but I think there needs to be a turn over. Reheated chicken from the previous day has pain written all over it methinks.Β 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I had similar a previous trip , went to the toilet five or six times that morning Β , I kept popping Imodium instants , last time I went was five mins before the taxi arrived to take me to Swampy , was concerned about the 90 min journey , but was okay and same for the plane trip home .. Β 

I always carry Imodium in my hand luggage , plus tissue paper ... just in case 555

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I had similar a previous trip , went to the toilet five or six times that morning Β , I kept popping Imodium instants , last time I went was five mins before the taxi arrived to take me to Swampy , was concerned about the 90 min journey , but was okay and same for the plane trip home .. Β 

I always carry Imodium in my hand luggage , plus tissue paper ... just in case 555

Loperamide is your friend in Thailand.Β 

• Great Info 2

@BinlidΒ Sorry to hear you went through that. I’m fearful of those issues happening to me, more & more as I age. ~300 days in Thailand eating street food most days, worst that happened was barely getting my shorts down in time, from Internet cafe on Chaiyapoon to my room @ 18 Coins maybe 100 yards away……sometimes we don’t get much warning. And I was in my mid-30’s

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Yea, i had some tablets the dive instructor gave me one morning i had somtam the night before, and Sa came back from the pharmacy with charcoal.

No idea what caused it, i ate nearly every night in the boat noddle, and had done the night before as usual.

@BinlidΒ can we rename this as the diarrhea thread?Β 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

Wie went to the pharmacy when it opened in the morning at 8am.she come back with the usual items and a bunch of bananas, ffs.

Bananas are rich in potassium which is easily lost during GI problems.Β  They will also help bind your GIs because they're starchy.Β  Also, they're bland and easily digested.

Can't imagine coming home from a pharmacy with them.Β  Unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i had some tablets the dive instructor gave me one morning i had somtam the night before, and Sa came back from the pharmacy with charcoal.

Activated charcoal tablets, very good for GI issues.Β  Surprising they haven't been discovered here in the west, like so many things.

Loperamide works by slowing intestinal contractions to give the bowel time to absorb water.Β  If you have a bug in your bowel that's causing problems, that can actually prolong things by delaying the expulsion of the bugs.Β  Use advisedly.

https://www.drugs.com/disease-interactions/loperamide,imodium.html

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Never had any problems with KFC in Thailand. Especially in BKK. Love them zinger burgers. But I always examine the thing first. Any sign of pink chicken and it's a no no. Luckily not happened yet. Same goes for any Thai food I've eaten in Los.Β 

Maybe I'm just lucky.Β 

51 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Bananas are rich in potassium which is easily lost during GI problems.Β  They will also help bind your GIs because they're starchy.Β  Also, they're bland and easily digested.

Can't imagine coming home from a pharmacy with them.Β  Unfortunately.

I used to eat 2 bananas a day.... Which, according to my GP was to much. Too much potassium can give you a shit load of worries regarding health.Β 

Anyways... I'm TF gazzas brilliant Trip report.... Hope you feel better GaryΒ @Gazza05

Β 

Edited by Aqualung
I'm a dick and no idea where that Gazza 05 came from. Apologies
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

I used to eat 2 bananas a day.... Which, according to my GP was to much. Too much potassium can give you a shit load of worries regarding health.Β 

Anyways... I'm TF gazzas brilliant Trip report.... Hope you feel better GaryΒ @Gazza05

Β 

I was Gazza 54 in another life Steve:default_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Never had any problems with KFC in Thailand. Especially in BKK. Love them zinger burgers. But I always examine the thing first. Any sign of pink chicken and it's a no no. Luckily not happened yet. Same goes for any Thai food I've eaten in Los.Β 

Maybe I'm just lucky.Β 

Too be honest I never eat KFC in the UK or Thailand but just the one time, the wife and child needed feeding on a road trip, and a KFC was their choice. I really wasn't thrilled but I needed to eat and so tried something that looked interesting.Β Β 

Just confirmed my need not to eat KFC again. Then again I don't eat MacDonald, Burger King etc. either.

Now Jollibee, that is a different deal lol

• Thumbs Up 1

We probably spent about 90 minutes in the temple and when we came out we went for a cool drink in a lovely air conditioned cafe before heading to Krabi town to have a look at the Mud Crabs sculpture on the banks of the Krabi River near the Khanap Nam Pier.There is also a sculpture of a white breasted sea eagle.We then headed back to our hotel and in the evening had dinner at Reeves beach resort again.

Β 

20230423_140247.jpg

20230423_140314.jpg

20230423_140321.jpg

20230423_140856.jpg

20230423_140332.jpg

20230423_140755.jpg

20230423_140818.jpg

20230423_140933.jpg

20230423_141423.jpg

20230420_171041.jpg

20230420_173126.jpg