Good To Be Back

Binlid

4 hours ago, Binlid said:

Good morning from the L Resort,Ao Nang.This is the view from our breakfast table on our first morning here having arrived last night after a 9 hour journey from Loei Province involving 2 flights and a minibus journey.We have my wifes brother and wife with their 2 sons with us who all experienced their first time flying. I never got around to posting while up north due to excess alcohol consumption and feeling ultra lethargic in the oppressive  heat.Will try and catch up over the coming days. We are off on a long tail boat at 10 am for a 5 hr 4 Island trip.Catch you again .20230417_083536.jpg

Love a bit of Ao Nang and that’s a great spot there right in the heart of it. Hope you enjoy the trip. Would love to hear your review of the hotel when time allows. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

Yesterday we took a long-tail boat trip which took us to Railay beach then across to Chicken Island and the Tale waek then to Ko Tup for some snorkelling.The 6 of us were picked up at our hotel and dropped back after the trip, they supplied chilled bottles of water and a fresh fruit platter. The 5 hr trip cost 2400 bht.

20230417_100300.jpg

20230417_100231.jpg

20230417_100309.jpg

20230417_100319.jpg

20230417_100800.jpg

20230417_102012.jpg

20230417_104423.jpg

20230417_125921.jpg

20230417_125949.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810283392.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810291791.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810331258.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810370236.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810385091.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810622105.jpg

20230417_140002.jpg

20230417_140112.jpg

20230417_140830.jpg

FB_IMG_1681810558862.jpg

Lovely looking beach and pretty quiet.

Krabi was one of the places I wanted to visit but never have gotten around to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Food looks fantastic

Only the last video clip worked for me 🤷‍♂️

I can only think it is because the files are to large, the last one was short the others 2/3 mins long.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks great and the price is good too. 

Can't view the vid on this one either. 

Think you are correct about the file size, I tried to load some of my fishing ones and they completed the load but didn't process into a viewable vid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Binlid said:

There is a very good choice at the buffet breakfast but alas the offering for falang is chicken hot dogs,chicken ham and those big baked beans

You have just described every hotel buffet, in every hotel, in every city, on every continent I have worked !!

Apart from Uganda that served porridge I!

I would love to give you more accolades, thumbs up and positive comments but there is so much in each post!

TFP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Looks great and the price is good too. 

Can't view the vid on this one either. 

Think you are correct about the file size, I tried to load some of my fishing ones and they completed the load but didn't process into a viewable vid.

Which brings me to the party, anyway since you are a mod,  can we get the IT guys here to work on increasing the ability to post videos. I take alot and have some good ones, but cannot upload either. I could post on You Tube, then put up here but......got a good one the ATV adventure in Pattaya last week, but too big for here. 

@Binlid Nice report and pics, looks great in Ao Nang. Will get back there soon....just not in April. I ooze sweat like you too..it's brutal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Which brings me to the party, anyway since you are a mod,  can we get the IT guys here to work on increasing the ability to post videos. I take alot and have some good ones, but cannot upload either. I could post on You Tube, then put up here but......got a good one the ATV adventure in Pattaya last week, but too big for here. 

@Binlid Nice report and pics, looks great in Ao Nang. Will get back there soon....just not in April. I ooze sweat like you too..it's brutal. 

It's an extra step, but I prefer watching videos via YT. Videos that are directly uploaded usually have buffering issues on playback that cause the video to start and stop.

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It's an extra step, but I prefer watching videos via YT. Videos that are directly uploaded usually have buffering issues on playback that cause the video to start and stop.

I agree, you do get buffering on large vids, I know it's a pain, but best uploaded and posted from YouTube Mike. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Another plus for YT vids, they're easier to share with others outside the forum. Just email a link rather than a very large file attachment.

I have a YouTube channel that I keep unlisted to store all of my fishing videos and I do just that, which has reminded me to upload the vids from my last holiday.

Edited by boydeste
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have a YouTube channel that I keep unlisted to store all of my fishing videos and I do just that, which has reminded me to upload the vids from my last holiday.

Yep! Good idea.

I kept quiet on this part of the discussion because there was a member on a different forum that posted one of his YT videos. People could see his YT profile v his Forum profile .... The aftermath wasn't pleasant to watch ....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep! Good idea.

I kept quiet on this part of the discussion because there was a member on a different forum that posted one of his YT videos. People could see his YT profile v his Forum profile .... The aftermath wasn't pleasant to watch ....

A good warning about YT profiles. I have a YT account that matches my forum name.

Apologies @Binlid for the OT posts.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3