Canadian Women's Bench Press Champion

Evil Penevil

Nuts…..there is an actual lifter, Canadian too I think, who was really strong, setting records, like 800+pound squat. The epitome of masculinity, right? 

Nope, decided he wanted to be a SHE. I’d link it but too lazy and disgusted honestly 

Edited by Golfingboy

Few months ago I was wondering whatever happened to Caster Semenya, the South African who made suspiciously quick improvements at 800m several years ago. Was happy to learn the governing body’s pretty much banned her, confirming she is indeed intersex or some shite, testosterone too high. Remember seeing some tall white girl finishing 2nd & telling interviewer “I finished 1st among the women today” 😂

• Like 1

Looking beyond the politics, competition fairness and 'cringe factor' issues...

In the name of fairness to all and encouraging participation most (if not all) sports governing bodies should add an 'open class' for transgender people to compete in. Some sports -- e.g., marathons, triathlons, swimming -- already have this. It's not the perfect solution but it does allow athletes to participate as issues are better understood.

. . .

British Triathlon creates 'open' category for transgender athletes

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/34200332/british-triathlon-creates-open-category-transgender-athletes

A Fair And Inclusive Solution For Transgender Women In Sports

https://www.forbes.com/sites/donnalopiano/2022/08/04/a-fair-and-inclusive-solution-for-transgender-women-in-sports/?sh=16c2516912ef

FINA VOTES TO RESTRICT TRANSGENDER WOMEN, ADD ‘OPEN’ CATEGORY

https://swimswam.com/fina-votes-to-restrict-transgender-women-add-open-category/

. . .

f1280x720-121852_253527_5050.jpg

• Like 4

This is a 17-year-old "girl" who placed second in a regional high-school championship in California, thereby qualifying for the state championships.  Because of the public uproar that followed "her" win, "she" and another transgirl withdrew from the championship race.  Would anyone mistake him for a girl?

Athena Ryan.JPG

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I feel bad for the legit females who train countless hours, weeks, months and years to excel at a sport; all for nothing when a man takes it all away and makes a farce of their sport. Good on Silverberg for pointing out to the world what a sham this gender identity BS in sports has become.

Here's an article that outlines the harm "inclusion" of trans athletes can do.

‘Fastest girl in Connecticut’ Chelsea Mitchell suing state after losing to trans athletes

Some excerpts from the article:

For her, those goals were winning a state championship and going to college for track. But in her first state-wide competition, she was forced to compete against a transgender athlete—something she said she “had never really heard of” happening until it happened to her.

In that race, the trans competitor bumped her out of qualifying for the next round of competition.

“It was just obvious to everyone there that they had a huge advantage. Everyone could see it,” Mitchell said.

By her sophomore year, she says there were two transgender athletes regularly blowing biologically female track stars out of the water. Mitchell raced against them for all four years of high school and in every major race she competed in.

“Just two athletes took so many opportunities away from biological females,” Mitchell told The Post. “Even though there were only two of them, they took 15 state championships away from other girls — and there were 85 girls that were directly impacted from them being in the races.”

She herself lost two all-New England awards and four girls’ state championships as a consequence.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

But until then, the ladies need to protest by refusing to go along with this sham

If they refuse to take part they'll get butchered for it.

Way to go would be show up in fancy dress. Have 7 girls runners/atheltes decide to show up as chickens, post boxes, e.t.c and insist that's what they identify as😀

Think all our sympathies lies with the girls themselves being cheated.

The English horse race the Derby on Saturday will most likely be disrupted by a minority pressure group Animal Rising. Who in terms of horse racing want to have a forced retirement of all race horses paid for out of the betting levies currently paid for by the horse players.

So they want to shut down a global multi billion industry and expect the poorest particpants in the chain to pay for this.

Oh and while they are at it, large parts of the UK will have to be rewilded to allow wild horses space to roam

Believe me I'm not making this up!!

The entire world has gone mad, myself I blame the Americans:default_527:

• Like 3

Who remembers the controversy when Princess Anne had to prove she was female to compete in the Olympics. The discussion was about royal protocols rather than the medicine.

The obvious solution is to have two categories, Open and medical female (hormone levels and biology).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2023 at 3:53 PM, Lemondropkid said:

The entire world has gone mad, myself I blame the Americans

On 6/1/2023 at 7:41 PM, Pumpuynarak said:

Just another example of the world going mad imo.

I'm not feeling very optimistic about the future of the U.S., but of course this goes way beyond transgender issues.  Crime is rampant and the education system is collapsing.  Too many problems, not enough solutions.

Evil

b9.png

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm not feeling very optimistic about the future of the U.S., but of course this goes way beyond transgender issues.  Crime is rampant and the education system is collapsing.  Too many problems, not enough solutions.

Evil

b9.png

Sorry you feel that way mine was just meant as a daft throw away comment.

Maybe time to start travelling again if you can?

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Maybe time to start travelling again if you can?

I'd like to head back to Thailand, but I'm still dealing with health and mobility problems that make living abroad unwise right now.  No point in returning to Pattaya if I can't enjoy its, shall we say, attractions.  I'm waiting to see if I'm going to need a knee replacement.

Evil

• Thumbs Up 4

Not Canadian, and not bench pressing, but this seemed like a good place to put this.

There's hope for @boydeste yet.... just needs a wig.... and some lippy...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/11/anglers-quit-england-shore-fishing-team-trans-woman/

Anglers have quit the England team after a trans woman was called up to join the women’s squad of a major competition next month.

Three members of the six-strong squad stepped down after Becky Lee Birtwhistle Hodges, who was born male, was chosen for the Home Nations shore fishing championship.

There has been opposition to Birtwhistle Hodges, a former rugby player, competing with the England angling team since 2018 when she was first selected, amid concerns that she has an unfair strength advantage.

Competitors of shore angling must battle strong winds and currents to catch fish, and also require high levels of endurance in order to withstand the elements and reel in catches.

Birtwhistle Hodges was the only member of the team to catch any fish earlier this year in a competition that was held in rough weather conditions by the sport’s governing body, the Angling Trust, in a bid to select the final England team.

‘Male-born competitors have unfair advantage’

However, half the squad have since quit, according to a report in the Mail on Sunday. The team’s captain, Heather, 66, who is also among those to have resigned and who asked for her surname not to be published, told the newspaper: “Our decision to pull out of this year’s Home Nations was difficult - especially as we should be defending our gold medal we won last year. I’ve been an international angler for 22 years.

“The sheer effort and hard work, making so many sacrifices for the love of my sport, and it comes to this.”

She said that male-born competitors have an unfair advantage because they have far more upper-body strength, and can “cast longer distances than any woman… I have no grudge personally. This is an advantage to our team, but we find it totally unfair to other nations”.

She claimed that the Angling Trust will not listen to the views of her nor others who complain and that is why they have quit the team.

Birtwhistle Hodges was the first trans woman to join the England ladies shore angling team in 2018, when she helped them win a bronze medal at the World Shore Fishing Championships and underwent gender reassignment surgery the following year. In November 2018 she spoke of how proud she was to represent her country, telling Kent Online: “I will never let anyone stop me from doing what I love.”

Trans athletes debate

The row within competitive angling comes amid worldwide debate on the inclusion of transgender athletes in competitive single-sex sports.

In February UK Athletics (UKA) issued a landmark statement calling for “legislative change” to “ensure the women’s category can be lawfully reserved for female [at birth] competitors”.

The debate has also engulfed rowing after British Rowing said it will continue to allow transgender women to compete in female races.

Meanwhile, two weeks ago British Cycling updated its rules banning transgender women from competing in the female category of its competitions.

Responding to the latest row engulfing competitive angling, Dr Jane Hamlin, President Emeritus of the Beaumont Society, a charity which supports trans people, said: “It is very sad that some of the members of the ladies angling team have left because a trans woman has been selected.

“After all, it would seem that Becky Lee Birtwhistle Hodges has already been in the team for five years. I am sorry that some competitors are upset about this, but speculation about possible advantages that a trans woman might have is not evidence of unfairness. As with all sports, it is up to the sport’s governing body to establish fair rules and the Angling Trust certainly seems to have done that.” 

‘Safety concern not significant’

Jamie Cook, chief executive of the Angling Trust, said: “Naturally, we were sorry to hear that the three women have taken the decision to step down from the team. Increasing women participation in angling is one of our key goals and we will continue to ensure that we offer opportunities for all anglers to participate regardless of age, sex, colour or orientation.

“As the national governing body for angling, the question we are required to address by Sport England is whether the sport of angling is gender impacted to an extent where fairness overrides inclusion or safety.

“The view of the Angling Trust board is that as a noncontact sport, the safety concern is not deemed significant within the sport of angling.”

Mr Cook admitted that stronger competitors have an advantage in shore angling but “technique, watercraft, knowledge, tactics, rig creation and focus” were also important factors.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Painter said:

Not Canadian, and not bench pressing, but this seemed like a good place to put this.

There's hope for @boydeste yet.... just needs a wig.... and some lippy...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/11/anglers-quit-england-shore-fishing-team-trans-woman/

Anglers have quit the England team after a trans woman was called up to join the women’s squad of a major competition next month.

Three members of the six-strong squad stepped down after Becky Lee Birtwhistle Hodges, who was born male, was chosen for the Home Nations shore fishing championship.

There has been opposition to Birtwhistle Hodges, a former rugby player, competing with the England angling team since 2018 when she was first selected, amid concerns that she has an unfair strength advantage.

Competitors of shore angling must battle strong winds and currents to catch fish, and also require high levels of endurance in order to withstand the elements and reel in catches.

Birtwhistle Hodges was the only member of the team to catch any fish earlier this year in a competition that was held in rough weather conditions by the sport’s governing body, the Angling Trust, in a bid to select the final England team.

‘Male-born competitors have unfair advantage’

However, half the squad have since quit, according to a report in the Mail on Sunday. The team’s captain, Heather, 66, who is also among those to have resigned and who asked for her surname not to be published, told the newspaper: “Our decision to pull out of this year’s Home Nations was difficult - especially as we should be defending our gold medal we won last year. I’ve been an international angler for 22 years.

“The sheer effort and hard work, making so many sacrifices for the love of my sport, and it comes to this.”

She said that male-born competitors have an unfair advantage because they have far more upper-body strength, and can “cast longer distances than any woman… I have no grudge personally. This is an advantage to our team, but we find it totally unfair to other nations”.

She claimed that the Angling Trust will not listen to the views of her nor others who complain and that is why they have quit the team.

Birtwhistle Hodges was the first trans woman to join the England ladies shore angling team in 2018, when she helped them win a bronze medal at the World Shore Fishing Championships and underwent gender reassignment surgery the following year. In November 2018 she spoke of how proud she was to represent her country, telling Kent Online: “I will never let anyone stop me from doing what I love.”

Trans athletes debate

The row within competitive angling comes amid worldwide debate on the inclusion of transgender athletes in competitive single-sex sports.

In February UK Athletics (UKA) issued a landmark statement calling for “legislative change” to “ensure the women’s category can be lawfully reserved for female [at birth] competitors”.

The debate has also engulfed rowing after British Rowing said it will continue to allow transgender women to compete in female races.

Meanwhile, two weeks ago British Cycling updated its rules banning transgender women from competing in the female category of its competitions.

Responding to the latest row engulfing competitive angling, Dr Jane Hamlin, President Emeritus of the Beaumont Society, a charity which supports trans people, said: “It is very sad that some of the members of the ladies angling team have left because a trans woman has been selected.

“After all, it would seem that Becky Lee Birtwhistle Hodges has already been in the team for five years. I am sorry that some competitors are upset about this, but speculation about possible advantages that a trans woman might have is not evidence of unfairness. As with all sports, it is up to the sport’s governing body to establish fair rules and the Angling Trust certainly seems to have done that.” 

‘Safety concern not significant’

Jamie Cook, chief executive of the Angling Trust, said: “Naturally, we were sorry to hear that the three women have taken the decision to step down from the team. Increasing women participation in angling is one of our key goals and we will continue to ensure that we offer opportunities for all anglers to participate regardless of age, sex, colour or orientation.

“As the national governing body for angling, the question we are required to address by Sport England is whether the sport of angling is gender impacted to an extent where fairness overrides inclusion or safety.

“The view of the Angling Trust board is that as a noncontact sport, the safety concern is not deemed significant within the sport of angling.”

Mr Cook admitted that stronger competitors have an advantage in shore angling but “technique, watercraft, knowledge, tactics, rig creation and focus” were also important factors.

The whole situation angers me and makes a total mockery of all sports.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 6/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, Golfingboy said:

Few months ago I was wondering whatever happened to Caster Semenya, the South African who made suspiciously quick improvements at 800m several years ago. Was happy to learn the governing body’s pretty much banned her

This is different in that she was born that way and recorded as female at birth. I don't know whether there is anything suspicious about not taking treatment for high testosterone levels when younger. I wonder how many cases there are, but now the issue is men changing in some way to get into women's competitive sports which is just madness.