Hua Hin

Siam Addict

Stayed on Soi 94 back in March, I'd agree with @Stillearly on Le Pub. For my breakfast/coffee I love Ying's Cafe on Soi 94 across and over the railroad tracks. Super friendly, great coffee, cakes and sandwiches, didn't try the Thai food.

Found the bars in HH to be a bit underwhelming to tell the truth. Love HH as a good place to chill out, but all of the hostess bars in my view can be safely avoided.  You really won't be missing too much.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Found the bars in HH to be a bit underwhelming to tell the truth. Love HH as a good place to chill out, but all of the hostess bars in my view can be safely avoided.  You really won't be missing too much.

totally agree when there last it was bad lots of empty bars and the girls were 5 to 7s IMO 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not too worried about the bars, I'll have three weeks in Pattaya to enjoy myself.

I just wanted to see if it's a relaxing place to retire to, I have been told La Casita is a nice complex, so I'll stay there and scout out the area.

• Like 2

Yes... Enjoyed my last visit there very much. Hope to return for much of next years smoke season. Not sure where I will stay yet.

But ditto regarding LePub we had a couple of very nice dinners there last time, even though I ate the same thing two nights in a row.

Hua Hinn is known for a lot of really good restaurants. It's difficult to really find anything bad to say about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Guys, will try to get Sunday lunch there, problem is I'm arriving late Saturday night and it looks like you need to book in advance.

One more question regarding changing money, on all my searches of Google Earth is I have not seen any bureau de changes. Any ideas where they are?

I have heard there is a bureau de change giving a good rate on one of the lower levels at Swampy? Is that still there?

1 minute ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks,

Do you know where it is?

There are a few on one of the lower levels there. My travel companion always changes there, from memory which isn't always great, we went down some escalators. To a lower floor.

Sorry, that's all I remember. 

On 7/24/2023 at 4:52 AM, Siam Addict said:

Not too worried about the bars, I'll have three weeks in Pattaya to enjoy myself.

I just wanted to see if it's a relaxing place to retire to, I have been told La Casita is a nice complex, so I'll stay there and scout out the area.

It was also my choice to retire to but wifey won the day for very sound reasons, i have mates there and they love it.

8 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Do you know where it is?

Go down to the basement level where the Rail Link into town is and you should see them before you get to the rail passsenger/platform area.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks Guys, will try to get Sunday lunch there, problem is I'm arriving late Saturday night and it looks like you need to book in advance.

One more question regarding changing money, on all my searches of Google Earth is I have not seen any bureau de changes. Any ideas where they are?

I have heard there is a bureau de change giving a good rate on one of the lower levels at Swampy? Is that still there?

Definitely book the bus in advance, I used this link

https://airporthuahinbus.com/

Several people were trying to buy a ticket for the bus I was booked on as a walk up, only to be told it was sold out.

You will get a much better rate for cash in the basement at the airport than the money changer at Market Village will give you. I used a debit card outside of the bars, where I did you cash. I bank in the UK and even HSBC have managed to come up with a foreign card (Global Money Account) that was giving a fee free rate that was better than the more competitive cash changers.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks guys, I'm not getting in till nearly 8pm so I've booked a taxi and I need to change money at the airport when I arrive.

Remember you need to go down to the lowest level and into the train station concourse.  The exchange booths that give the best rate are between the ticket machines and the ticket barrier.  The booths before the ramp leading down to the station are part of the airport cartel.

• Thumbs Up 1