April/May Trip

Binlid

3 minutes ago, Binlid said:

My wife would like her family to experience Wan Lai in Pattaya, so we will start our trip in Pattaya on 17th April with her brother, wife and 2 sons joining us for 4 days, we have booked them into the P Plus Hotel on Soi Xcite.

I had not heard of Wan Lai before, and was very surprised when Khun Google told me that it is the last day of Songkran!

Good luck! 😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

@Binlid the Amethyst is a great choice , I would go for a premier room if possible, the deluxe is a little small 

Yes I did book a premier room. The booking includes 10% discount on all food and drinks at the hotel, not that I imagine we will use the offer.

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I had not heard of Wan Lai before, and was very surprised when Khun Google told me that it is the last day of Songkran!

Good luck! 😆

I am a veteran of past Wan Lai`s in Pattaya.:default_getdown:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Binlid said:

we have booked them into the P Plus Hotel on Soi Xcite

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Enjoy. I stay at PPlus these days and it's fine. Clean rooms and a pool plus Gym although I seldom used those. 

I refuse to stay at the rear of The Chaiyapun Apartments because of the noise generated by the Thai "Rock" Band playing in that "new" area which appears to be right in front of the P-Plus hotel too (according to the map). I say "Rock" because quite honestly I had no idea what it was they were playing!!

When everywhere was quiet at 2am closing they were blaring it out till 4am because it is Police owned. All windows are double glazed in the Chaiyapun and noise proof but I'm damned sure the wall was vibrating too!!

Now then, that is a big negative pain in the ass for me but perhaps because being Thai they might enjoy it so that it is an advantage staying there !!!

Nightcrawler, did you experience it on your last trip ???

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I refuse to stay at the rear of The Chaiyapun Apartments because of the noise generated by the Thai "Rock" Band playing in that "new" area which appears to be right in front of the P-Plus hotel too (according to the map). I say "Rock" because quite honestly I had no idea what it was they were playing!!

When everywhere was quiet at 2am closing they were blaring it out till 4am because it is Police owned. All windows are double glazed in the Chaiyapun and noise proof but I'm damned sure the wall was vibrating too!!

Now then, that is a big negative pain in the ass for me but perhaps because being Thai they might enjoy it so that it is an advantage staying there !!!

Nightcrawler, did you experience it on your last trip ???

I know what you mean about the loud band. I was in B block but A is quieter. I usually get back late. I did here the faint noise but only the bass which wasn't  enough to disturb me getting off to sleep. Best to ask them at check in for an A block room.

That bar with band is a pain for those nearby and way too loud and unnecessary. Just as is that Trench Town place on Soi LK. Metro, which is a problem for those staying in Metropol Apartments and other nearby accomadation. 

Totally unnecessary and nearby bars hate it as well. But there don't seem to be any decibel regulations or if there are, they are not enforced.

That said, I don't think it's enough to put anyone off PPlus unless perhaps you are an early  sleeper or sensitive to noise. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 3

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

Small rooms ?

The doubles are big enough, for me anyway, for the price. I don't spend much time in my room anyway so size doesn't bother me that much and certainly not cramped. 

If I was permanently with a female partner for my holiday then I would probably look for a hotel with slighty more room space  

Its all down to.price with many hotels. I beleive that Vogue is the same Chinese ownership as PPlus and some prefer it above PPlus. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

The doubles are big enough, for me anyway, for the price. I don't spend much time in my room anyway so size doesn't bother me that much and certainly not cramped. 

If I was permanently with a female partner for my holiday then I would probably look for a hotel with slighty more room space  

Its all down to.price with many hotels. I beleive that Vogue is the same Chinese ownership as PPlus and some prefer it above PPlus. 

PPlus is a great location, but as mentioned elsewhere, small rooms and chinese tour buses during high season (according to one vlogger) makes life there slightly noisy.

I take it the hotel is guest friendly?.

I normally stay in one of the LK's on Bukhao or recently, Page 10. Walking down Soi 10, the old Eastiny Soi 10 and Sawasdee are both in a state of disrepair and abandoned, and one other hotel still had yet to reopen back in April. Surprising really, given that it's a good location.

1 hour ago, Butch said:

PPlus is a great location, but as mentioned elsewhere, small rooms and chinese tour buses during high season (according to one vlogger) makes life there slightly noisy.

I take it the hotel is guest friendly?.

I normally stay in one of the LK's on Bukhao or recently, Page 10. Walking down Soi 10, the old Eastiny Soi 10 and Sawasdee are both in a state of disrepair and abandoned, and one other hotel still had yet to reopen back in April. Surprising really, given that it's a good location.

Yes, it's guest friendly and 24 hour security. I hardly noticed any tour busses when I was there I'm October. That said, apparently there used to ne quite a few prior to Covid. 

An average of 900 baht per night is still good value. I don't have shares in the place or trying to big it up because I stay there  and of course there are better hotels a little further from the action. Its just a case of weighing up what people actually want and how much they want to spend I guess.  Personally  as I mentioned, I don't spend much awake time in a hotel room. As long as its clean, has tea and coffee and decent aircon etc it does me

The rooms have a small balcony and a drying rack which is ideal for washing and drying my soiled underpants each day after  a follow through from the night before 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I don't have shares I'm the place or trying to big it up because I stay there  and of course there are better hotels a little further from the action. Its just a case of weighing up what people actually want and how much they want to spend I guess. 

Same Same  - I am just trying to answer the questions set by @Binlid

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Binlid said:

My wife would like her family to experience Wan Lai in Pattaya, so we will start our trip in Pattaya on 17th April with her brother, wife and 2 sons joining us for 4 days, we have booked them into the P Plus Hotel on Soi Xcite.https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/p-plus.en-gb.html?aid=376362&label=postbooking_confemail&sid=179c341ca74ee338da61a2344b58118e&dest_id=-3242432;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1704117850;srpvid=0f3b62e2dd0505c1;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

We are staying for 7 nights at the Amethyst on Soi 15. https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/amethyst-pattaya-muang-pattaya1.en-gb.html?aid=376362&label=postbooking_confemail&sid=179c341ca74ee338da61a2344b58118e&dest_id=900050893;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1704118209;srpvid=d670639d75ef016d;type=total;ucfs=1&#room_835213005

On our second week we are flying down to Koh Samui with Bangkok Airways, return fare was 5960 bht.

We will be staying at one of the villas in the Rummana Boutique Resort on lamai beach. https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/rummana-boutique-resort.en-gb.html?aid=376362&label=postbooking_confemail&sid=179c341ca74ee338da61a2344b58118e&dest_id=900040645;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1704119854;srpvid=da9266d4f98701a5;type=total;ucfs=1&#room_2746703

We will finish our trip with 5 nights in Bangkok were we will be staying at the Shanghai Mansion Hotel on the Yaowarat rd in the heart of Chinatown.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/shanghai-inn.en-gb.html?aid=376362&label=postbooking_confemail&sid=179c341ca74ee338da61a2344b58118e&dest_id=-3414440;dest_type=city;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2;req_children=0;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1704120745;srpvid=c690688ffe4a052d;type=total;ucfs=1&#room_2723514. Apparently its Red Rose restaurant has introduced CBD to some of its dish recipes and also its cocktails.

https://www.shanghaimansion.com/?utm_source=glopss&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=campaign

https://www.redroselive.com/

So that`s it, a shorter trip than usual, my wife`s company has changed its policy on annual leave and will only allow her 3 weeks off in one go.

Looks like a great trip for you and your wife's family and a good mix of places to visit. Look forward to hearing about your adventures. 

• Like 1

@Binlid i've always found Bangkok Airways mad expensive. When i seen your 5960 Baht for return, i thought wow!

I'm having a look myself, can't see anything like that from either Bangkok airport, more like that price one way.

12 minutes ago, Krapow said:

@Binlid i've always found Bangkok Airways mad expensive. When i seen your 5960 Baht for return, i thought wow!

I'm having a look myself, can't see anything like that from either Bangkok airport, more like that price one way.

If you fly using DMK airport it's cheaper than BKK , I booked quite recently 

32 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Price is deffo return for one person from Swampy, Depart 24/4, 10:10am   Return1/5,  13:00pm

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

If you fly using DMK airport it's cheaper than BKK , I booked quite recently 

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Price is deffo return for one person from Swampy, Depart 24/4, 10:10am   Return1/5,  13:00pm

Probably due to the dates i was looking at, school holidays.

• Thumbs Up 3

If anyone's got Emirates or Qatar (and maybe others too) frequent flier miles/avios but not enough for a flight or upgrade they can both be used on Bangkok Air flights rather than go to waste.  A mate and I travelled to Samui and back recently using miles with taxes only 400 baht each.

• Thumbs Up 2

43 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

@Krapow  Sale starting , if you join the frequent flyer club , there's early access 

IMG_6467.jpeg

Cheers, just joined.

So sale starts on Monday then, don't see anything about it yet when logged in as frequent flyer.

Would suit me as well, would be flying 22nd -29th July.

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...