HEATWAVE !

Glasseye

Wifey tells me the local news here in Minburi, is reporting that the " experts" meaning the guys who watch the power grid here locally, are concerned that there might be an "overload" soon. 

Great, just what we need, for the power to go out! 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Wifey tells me the local news here in Minburi, is reporting that the " experts" meaning the guys who watch the power grid here locally, are concerned that there might be an "overload" soon. 

Rechargeable / cordless fans are your friend when the power goes off mate......

• Great Info 1

6 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Rechargeable / cordless fans are your friend when the power goes off mate......

In a 2 story home upstairs with no air-con....trust me, it wouldn't help! 

• Surprised 1

18 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

The Thai Meteorological Department should go back to school. The earth is closest to the sun around 4 January every year (Perihelion).
"The Thai Meteorological Department explained that summer typically begins in mid-February and lasts until mid-May, two and a half months. During this time, the Earth was closer to the sun and the sun was directly overhead, especially in April, when the sun was almost directly overhead in Thailand around noon daily, resulting in full exposure to sunlight."

The inaccuracy in this second quote may be due to poor writing and/or sloppy editing as September usually marks the beginning of the rainy season.
"Therefore, in September, which marked the end of the rainy season, heavy rainfall was common in almost every part of Thailand."

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The Thai Meteorological Department should go back to school. The earth is closest to the sun around 4 January every year (Perihelion).
"The Thai Meteorological Department explained that summer typically begins in mid-February and lasts until mid-May, two and a half months. During this time, the Earth was closer to the sun and the sun was directly overhead, especially in April, when the sun was almost directly overhead in Thailand around noon daily, resulting in full exposure to sunlight."

The inaccuracy in this second quote may be due to poor writing and/or sloppy editing as September usually marks the beginning of the rainy season.
"Therefore, in September, which marked the end of the rainy season, heavy rainfall was common in almost every part of Thailand."

I invariably found that in Bangsaray the period of extreme rainfall was in October when it could be continuous for 2 - 3 consecutive days which hardly ever happens in any other month of the rainy season. Then, like throwing an "off" switch the rain ceased in the first week of November and out came my golf clubs once again.

I was getting feedback from friends that it continued to rain in Pattaya last year well into November.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

I dress like I’m 15 not 55 😂 

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The Forum Zaddy !!!

You can take the boy outta Bracknell ...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

This is what I have been fearing.

Fortunately a few months ago they did some serious upgrades to some of the main lines into my area. 

I have also read recently that the power related resources are in good shape, so don't need to worry about that.

I think the big concern is a bad storm to come through which causes havoc and then major brownouts, followed by more high temps.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rain here yesterday in Minburi, like others have reported, same, temp goes down, feels great..until the humidity jumps again....then it feels miserable again. 

Tell me the truth gents, are there times here when you say to yourself "WTF am I doing here"? 

For me there are times like that.....can't wait to get back to Calif next month. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Rain here yesterday in Minburi, like others have reported, same, temp goes down, feels great..until the humidity jumps again....then it feels miserable again. 

Tell me the truth gents, are there times here when you say to yourself "WTF am I doing here"? 

For me there are times like that.....can't wait to get back to Calif next month. 

A very big NO Mike, we are different lol, i could'nt wait to get outta the shithole UK and its weather, Thailand and its oppressive heat/humidity is something i don't like but can cope with, bring on the Aircon lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Surprised 1

23 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

I found late March, early April hard work- up to the point I went home to the UK and Ireland for a month. People I speak to here in Hua Hin say it got really brutal in April.

Going forward I'd say I'm likely to spend April/May each year outside of Thailand, most likely Europe. Really enjoyed being away and felt refreshed by it.

But that said enjoying being back🤷‍♂️ 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

20 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

A very big NO Mike, we are different lol, i could'nt wait to get outta the shithole UK and its weather, Thailand and its oppressive heat/humidity is something i don't like but can cope with, bring on the Aircon lol

Another no regrets from me. I'm very happy here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

I love the heat when I am on holiday I can then justify to my self to spend more time by the pool

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

We had a real violent downpour yesterday afternoon at 2.30pm here in Korat lasted for an hour, garden flooded. Temp dropped to 28C :default_clapping: just lovely but humidity was 85% 😒

Thats the first rain we've had for weeks......

I bet you were elated !   Must have smelled wonderful also.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

There are times when I wish for less humidity. 

Travels during this time of year are planned for the future. 

But I never for one second regret or doubt my decision to live here. Best thing I've ever done.

• Thumbs Up 2