Football

Thinkingallowed

7 minutes ago, richy65 said:

Shocking scenes at The Hawthorns today. Players have been took off the pitch for almost half an hour due to crowd trouble!

Yep!

I think we all agree that the stuff we were involved with in the 70s and 80s was wrong. I am also sure that we all hoped that we had seen the back of it.

Sadly not!

I am embarrassed about certain aspects of my past.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep!

I think we all agree that the stuff we were involved with in the 70s and 80s was wrong. I am also sure that we all hoped that we had seen the back of it.

Sadly not!

I am embarrassed about certain aspects of my past.

Yep, same here. They’ve kicked off again and almost finished, Wolves 2-0 up. Lots of the local pubs opened early this morning which probably didn’t help. Glad I’m not at the ground, it’ll be bedlam later 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Maybe I'm in a minority but my first match was Aug 1970 & I've been to an awful lot since.

I only ever went to watch football & have never been caught up in any trouble whatsoever.

I’ll confess to being a little ba$tard at the football years back but quickly grew out of it and took up kickboxing instead. Much more fun and helped me grow up and calm down.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, richy65 said:

I’ll confess to being a little ba$tard at the football years back but quickly grew out of it and took up kickboxing instead. Much more fun and helped me grow up and calm down.

Yeah, I done about 15 years with QPR in the 80’s and 90’s, fun in the day as it was a lot easier to get away with it. Now there’s too much CCTV so you’re likely to get nicked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yeah, I done about 15 years with QPR in the 80’s and 90’s, fun in the day as it was a lot easier to get away with it. Now there’s too much CCTV so you’re likely to get nicked.

Yeah, it’s a nuisance that cctv, they’ll be arresting people for the next few weeks after all the fun and games at the Albion today 😆

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, richy65 said:

I will never forget the season United were in the 2nd division. We used to go to almost every game on a Bostocks coach from Macclesfield. Now the good thing was it was a time when young teenagers could actually go and support their team (unlike now). The bad side was that, let’s be honest, we were out of control.

I didn’t so much grow out of it - we moved to South Wales when I was 16. Looking back it was thankfully life changing for me. Grudgingly and with no choice I started playing rugby and learned to channel my aggression into the game which I continued to play into my late thirties.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Gotta love tik tok for shite like this

Screenshot_20240128_181504_TikTok.jpg

Used to do that for a living mate. The funniest part is picking out which asshole you would go after first. Things would slow down quickly after pulling some of those stupid mother fcukers out of there. Great fun !

Robbie Williams looks set to buy his beloved Port Vale football club.

Also apparently looking to do a behind the scenes documentary series similar to Ryan Reynolds Amazon series about his club Wrexham.

IMG_0076.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:20 AM, galenkia said:

Robbie Williams looks set to buy his beloved Port Vale football club.

Also apparently looking to do a behind the scenes documentary series similar to Ryan Reynolds Amazon series about his club Wrexham.

IMG_0076.webp

Good luck to them,I dread to think where my club would be without Elton John's involvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richy65 said:

Good to see Albion beat Blues to stay 5th and no crowd trouble. Big game away to Ipswich next Saturday.

Apart from a Birmingham player being allegedly verbally abused. ( racially). 

Nevertheless, a good win for the Baggies. 

And sadly mine and @Bobbygs team sink further into the relegation mire after a defeat to @galenkias much improved team.

What a mess Rovers are in. Not just on the pitch but off it. 

Edited by Aqualung
Missed info
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

And sadly mine and @Bobbygs team sink further into the relegation mire after a defeat to @galenkias much improved team.

We are in big trouble mate

The club is well and truly fooked

I actually think relegation would do us good. Regroup etc. I seriously do think we are going down 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bobbyg said:

We are in big trouble mate

The club is well and truly fooked

I actually think relegation would do us good. Regroup etc. I seriously do think we are going down 

We've been there before mate. We have to, some how get rid of our current owners and Clarence the cross eyes lying bastard of a CEO. Waggot. 

There were chants against the venkys ( Rao family) and Waggot in the latter stages of the match..... 

May it continue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

We've been there before mate. We have to, some how get rid of our current owners and Clarence the cross eyes lying bastard of a CEO. Waggot. 

There were chants against the venkys ( Rao family) and Waggot in the latter stages of the match..... 

May it continue. 

100% mate. Clubs rotten to the core

Broughton and Waggot must be the worst boardroom staff in the entire league. Darwen Fc are run better

Believe theyve managed to cock up the McGuire transfer too??

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Unfortunately Huddersfield won as well, 4-0 so we are still 3 points behind them and safety.

Drew 1-1 with them the other week when we really needed a win, especially with it being at home.

• Like 1

I had the misfortune of watching Watford lose 1-0 to Cardiff yesterday.

There was one funny moment though,when they scored the away fans(& there were a lot of them) chanted " One nil to the sheepshaggers....".

• Haha 1