Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

No, this is on the bottom road nearer the pier if you can call it that.

Had many a good Sunday lunch in Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern on Naresdamri road. Nice for an afternoon drink but at night I was usually up the road at Chaolay Seafood or the Greek restaurant.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 9:00 AM, boydeste said:

The guys in action.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guys with those throw nets used to sneak down on the beach in front of our house in HuaHin years ago. Then the police would turn up and chase them, but never seemed to catch any of them. 🤣

There was a law that there was no fishing on the beach back then, so I’m assuming that’s from what they call “the fishing or boat pier”.

58 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Had many a good Sunday lunch in Ye Olde Buffalo Tavern on Naresdamri road. Nice for an afternoon drink but at night I was usually up the road at Chaolay Seafood or the Greek restaurant.

Yes mate, Buffalo Bills was always a good place for Sunday lunch years ago, even if he didn’t start serving it till well after 3pm. ☹️
Was open at the front back then, an ideal place to people watch over a few drinks as I waited for the Roast Dinner. 🤗👍

21 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Guys with those throw nets used to sneak down on the beach in front of our house in HuaHin years ago. Then the police would turn up and chase them, but never seemed to catch any of them. 🤣

There was a law that there was no fishing on the beach back then, so I’m assuming that’s from what they call “the fishing or boat pier”.

Yes from the pier.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

OK...not "one"...but interesting.
Years ago I worked for the Navajo Nation in the US Southwest...here's a few memories.

Shiprock

36378353.DSCN0007.jpg

Elders gave me a tour

36378585.Navajo1.30.Cudei006.jpg

remote & high elevation

36378033.1010114_IMG.jpg

typical little "chapter" (aka village)

29615094.P6150111.jpg

Crownpoint, New Mexico

40667160.P3090159.jpg

Window Rock, AZ

36378349.1010123_IMG (1).jpg

Meeting with the folks @ Crownpoint

40667162.P3090179.jpg

Memorial for US Military veterans. Many Navajos serve. Not just "code talkers"

36378352.1010132_IMG.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Used to drive from SF to Idaho as a kid. Always stopped a the Nugget in Sparks for pancakes.

Both Sparks and Reno locations had the same owners when they started, but were sold off many decades ago to separate owners.

The Reno location used to have 2 huge pancakes with an egg on top for 99 cents......

1 minute ago, Mrmango said:

Both Sparks and Reno locations had the same owners when they started, but were sold off many decades ago to separate owners.

The Reno location used to have 2 huge pancakes with an egg on top for 99 cents......

This would have been back in the mid 1960s...

On 7/31/2020 at 10:54 PM, boydeste said:

Quite a popular bar.

image.jpeg

Is that still Buffalo Bills place? I seem to remember he had the place next door as well and advertised the top floor as Luxury apartments! He used to rent a house a few doors down from us on Neabkehart Road when he had his BB in the city centre.
He was doing well, too well it seems, as his landlord bumped the rent up when he saw he was making money, so he moved to the above place around 2002/2003.

Nice guy, came from Essex I think, do you know if he is still there?