Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

2 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

The museum at the River Kwai bridge is interesting as is the local area, I well recommend a visit....

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

My Wife's grandfather died during construction of that Railway.

He fell out of his guard tower.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 3

1 minute ago, Butch said:

My Wife's grandfather died during construction of that Railway.

He fell out of his guard tower.

Out of his guard tower, Japanese?

My father was shot, wounded and left for dead by the Japanese during the battle for Hill 170, Arakan, Burma in 1945. Thankfully he survived otherwise I wouldn't be here, although he never forgave them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

My father was shot, wounded and left for dead by the Japanese during the battle for Hill 170, Arakan, Burma in 1945. Thankfully he survived otherwise I wouldn't be here, although he never forgave them.

It was a joke mate.

My Grandad was put to work on the Railway, he returned home but was never the same again. took his own life in 1980.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, RomaBob said:

sorry if I offended you with my attempt at humour, I didn't mean to sully the memory of your Father and the sacrifices he and his generation made for all of us.

I really didn't mean anything by it. Apologies.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Butch said:

sorry if I offended you with my attempt at humour, I didn't mean to sully the memory of your Father and the sacrifices he and his generation made for all of us.

I really didn't mean anything by it. Apologies.

No problem, I wasn't offended at all 😀

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, RomaBob said:

The museum at the River Kwai bridge is interesting as is the local area, I well recommend a visit....

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

Im actually thinking of heading up here again this week after a ratchaburi visit,been a few times last year,id recommend pow cave,hellfire pass,kinda in the same area.

• Thumbs Up 2