Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

Both Jan and I loved this, really great four part documentary. Always liked Robbie, we have a lot in common with addiction and mental health issues.

IMG_0638.jpeg

There's a good two part interview with him on Rob Brydon's youtube channel just posted today 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:04 PM, galenkia said:

Jan and I both enjoyed this on Netflix.Really good.

IMG_0630.jpeg

I just finished this last night and quite enjoyed it - I read the Wikipedia article on the series and this girl is actually legally blind herself and had never acted before, or even auditioned for an acting part - she certainly did well for her first effort.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

11 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I probably won't bother, already watched a 2 hour dateline on NBC and saw his sentencing. Troubled man that is for sure

The judge took his time explaining why he didn’t get the death penalty for killing 2 people.  

• Like 1

Beacon 23 is a relatively new SciFi release on MGM+ starring the highly regarded actress Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister). This show is a great example of the need to be distrustful of initial IMDB ratings. It opened in the 7s and 3 days later is down to 5.4. 

The reviews are not good at all.

https://collider.com/beacon-23-review/

I had downloaded the first 2 episodes based partially on the initial IMDB rating. I have not watched them and likely won't. Kind of a shame as Heady is quite talented and the story line sounded interesting. 

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just brilliant on Netflix.

Always liked David, always came across as a decent fella. Victoria went up in my estimation after watching this.

IMG_0648.jpeg

Yep, same here. She came across as being "difficult" to the public, or rather that's what the media painted her as, but in truth she's a very supporting wife and really saved him during the hatred he faced after the World cup. I understand why she felt betrayed at Rebecca Loos, must have been a kick in the nuts for her. She still stood by him though.

I enjoyed the series, and the narrator / interviewer asked the right questions at the right time without saturating the programme with them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Just started watching this, played earlier tonight on local French TV. Will probably continue to the end just for the BKK scenery,  but it's basically an Asian remake of Collateral with Tom Cruise

image.png

Watched it the other, it is an OK movie. Recognised the guy from John Wick 3 (I think).

• Thumbs Up 1

I've enjoyed reading the recommendations and saw some I need to check out, and many listed that I have also liked.   I'll try not to re-mention anything that has already been listed but I skipped some of the earlier pages.  Some of what I've liked: The Nght Agent, Orange is the New Black, Better Call Saul, The Diplomat, Operation Finale, Emiy in Paris, Outlander, Transatlantic, Queen's Gambit, Bridgerton, Munich: The Edge of War, Queen Charlotte, and Sex Education.  Just finished Nyad and Belfast.  Both excellent.   I've been watching some Korean tv shows and here are some that I've enjoyed:

The Glory

The Penthouse

Its OK to Not Be OK

Extraordinary Agent Woo

Business Proposal

Queenmaker

My ID is Gangnam Beauty

Start Up

Divorce Attorney Shin

The King's Affection

Something in the Rain

• Thanks 1

Changing my previous recommendation for star trek enterprise.  Just watched most of episode "Fortunate Son" where the oh so enlightened crew is trying to stop a freighter from fighting back against an alien piracy organization.  Better to reason with them even though they've put the freighter's captain in the infirmary, their freighter has been shot up, etc.  BS.  I thought it was pre-Woke.

I've spent time on seismic crews, down-hole exploration crews, and rigs all around the world.  Every crew had an armory, and trained personnel.  Which was known.  So we got left alone.

Edited by tko
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

We both enjoyed this on Netflix.

Always liked Benicia Del Toro since I first saw him in The Usual Suspects, that was a brilliant movie.

IMG_0657.jpeg

I joked with Mom…..you have to get that magic wave faucet! 

I liked it, but I don’t know….bit of continuity omissions, they didn’t talk about the real estate stuff that much and BOOM it jumps to all kinds of plots with his cop buddies

• Like 1

Got 3 months of AppleTV with my new phone….still not much on there that’s still free. Watched this pilot, OK but not the type of show that blew my mind out of the gate like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Prison Break,Ray Donovan etc….Long episodes too

Will try Ted Lasso instead next week

image.png

Edited by Golfingboy