Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

Just been watching all 4 episodes of 'Holding' on the ITV Hub. Read the book last year as it was on offer for 99p on Kindle. Enjoyed it. And as I pay £40 a year for no adverts I saved 15 minutes of advertising every hour. So 3 hours to watch it instead of 4 as you can't skip the adverts. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 10:08 PM, gs joe said:

👍Korean film makers are starting to make their mark 

I did enjoy your recommendation Parasite

Korean film has been making its mark for a few years now. If you are looking for other recommendations mine would be Coin Locker Girl, a 2015 film set in the Korean underworld of organ harvesting, human trafficking and loan shark debt collecting. Fantastic performances by the two lead female characters. I came across it purely by chance on a Thai Airways flight from Brussels to Bangkok a few years ago.

On Monday, Netflix is finally coming out with Season 5 of "Better Call Saul", after making us all wait two years - so I am presently watching Season 4 again to refresh my memory since it's been so long since I last watched the series. Season 6, the final, is due for release this year as well - I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see this...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, maipenrai said:

On Monday, Netflix is finally coming out with Season 5 of "Better Call Saul", after making us all wait two years - so I am presently watching Season 4 again to refresh my memory since it's been so long since I last watched the series. Season 6, the final, is due for release this year as well - I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see 

good news hope it’s worth the long wait 

Edited by gs joe
To add
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, maipenrai said:

On Monday, Netflix is finally coming out with Season 5 of "Better Call Saul", after making us all wait two years - so I am presently watching Season 4 again to refresh my memory since it's been so long since I last watched the series. Season 6, the final, is due for release this year as well - I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see this...

Same for me. It’s too bad I binged the first 4 on Netflix what seems like 2 years ago. It’s really messed up how the rights to the show are owned…..AppleTV will give you a week free of AMC, and $6 a month thereafter. But even though AMC broadcasts BCS on television , you can’t get it on the AMC streaming channel…..WTF????

Took me reading few Reddit threads on the topic….my conclusion is simply “that’s not fair” .

So either you paid $3 PER EPISODE, or waited until now to see Season 5 on NF, and subscribe to AMC to watch S6 live once a week. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, even though AMC sometimes runs 12 episodes straight oh Hell on Wheels, there is no re-run of BCS. So if you’re unlucky enough to forget to record an episode, you’re truly f—ked for maybe another year, paying extra or not. 

Don’t understand the conspiracy, easy to say it’s all about $$$, but BCS is not THAT good to deprive viewers of seeing it

40 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Same for me. It’s too bad I binged the first 4 on Netflix what seems like 2 years ago. It’s really messed up how the rights to the show are owned…..AppleTV will give you a week free of AMC, and $6 a month thereafter. But even though AMC broadcasts BCS on television , you can’t get it on the AMC streaming channel…..WTF????

Took me reading few Reddit threads on the topic….my conclusion is simply “that’s not fair” .

So either you paid $3 PER EPISODE, or waited until now to see Season 5 on NF, and subscribe to AMC to watch S6 live once a week. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, even though AMC sometimes runs 12 episodes straight oh Hell on Wheels, there is no re-run of BCS. So if you’re unlucky enough to forget to record an episode, you’re truly f—ked for maybe another year, paying extra or not. 

Don’t understand the conspiracy, easy to say it’s all about $$$, but BCS is not THAT good to deprive viewers of seeing it

What really irks me is that I also binge-watched the first four seasons of BCS on pirated discs when I was in Thailand and enjoyed it so much that it was one of the main reasons I signed up for Netflix, only to find that they didn't have Season 5 anyway. 

3 hours ago, gs joe said:

Better all Saul

Season 5 has already been shown on Netflix in the UK 

Yet more reason to be annoyed - it seems Netflix services in different parts of the world have different menus of films available; perhaps it has already been shown in the US as well but that doesn't help me here in Canada...

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yet more reason to be annoyed - it seems Netflix services in different parts of the world have different menus of films available; perhaps it has already been shown in the US as well but that doesn't help me here in Canada...

Don’t wish to add to your grief , season 6 is scheduled for the 19th in the UK 

on the plus side season 5 is  cracker 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm having issues with watching some Netflix series in so much as the volume level i have to set is sometimes right at the top end of my system capabilities and even then its not really acceptable.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if so is there a remedy ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I'm having issues with watching some Netflix series in so much as the volume level i have to set is sometimes right at the top end of my system capabilities and even then its not really acceptable.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if so is there a remedy ?

What are you using to watch Netflix? Check this link for a possible solution, assuming your system is listed.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/11650#:~:text=Change your audio settings&text=Select Audio %26 Video.,Try Netflix again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

What are you using to watch Netflix? Check this link for a possible solution, assuming your system is listed.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/11650#:~:text=Change your audio settings&text=Select Audio %26 Video.,Try Netflix again.

Now if i said i'm using my Samsung Smart TV would that be correct or am i just demonstrating my complete lack of "tech savvy" lol

Thanks for the link, i'll give it a go........

On 4/1/2022 at 10:55 PM, Krapow said:

Half way through Top Boy, doesn't disappoint, great series. 

So am I although I have the subtitles displayed as when I left North London we still predominately spoke (cockney) English not ghetto. :default_dirol:

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

So am I although I have the subtitles displayed as when I left North London we still predominately spoke (cockney) English not ghetto. :default_dirol:

That estate is near the Cally / Caledonian Road (your beloved Arsenal territory) and the market is Ridley Road Hackney Hood and London Fields is the cafe.

I'm paused half way through it ....... they're in Spain .... reckon few more deaths to be expected ...

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

That estate is near the Cally / Caledonian Road (your beloved Arsenal territory) and the market is Ridley Road Hackney Hood and London Fields is the cafe.

I'm paused half way through it ....... they're in Spain .... reckon few more deaths to be expected ...

I sold self employed pension arrangements to five of the stall holders in Ridley Road Market during my first year representing Sun Life Assurance Soc. My area started at Stamford Hill and basically covered the whole of the East End of London.

I was the 22 year old "new boy" given theoretically the worst area in London but I loved it opening a whole new world to me including Pubs in Hackney that locked you in at 1 o'clock on Fridays when the "entertainment" started.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2