What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Choon! I am transported back to the Methodist youth club 1969 when I was 15

Great one...I've never heard that tune.

I love cutting loose like the guy in the vid wearing the headphones. For me the feeling that I have when I hit a certain point (I call it the groove point) compares to nothing else. It is what I consider as freedom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The Tubes indeed.....well what can I say? New Years Eve 1976, I was 20 years old then ( I think) these guys in the bay area were not to be missed. Winterland in SFO on NYE? What could go wrong? LOL! 

Saw 3 bands that night:

1. Flo and Eddie ( from The Turtles perhaps)?

2. Eddie Money

3. The Tubes

They played until 2:00am that night, talk about debauchery!  They had this "NYE costume contest" before The Tubes came out right?  Each girl came out in some well...rather sultry looking outfits. Fee Waybill was one of the judges. The last girl comes out stark naked, her butt facing the crowd, we were that close as it was general admission show right? She turns around, throws some "glitter" on her coochie, laughs and walks off the stage. Fee Waybill really liked it. 

Good lord me and my buddies had probably had 850 "bong hits" in the parking lot outside on Post and Steiner St waiting on the sidewalk all day before the show started at 8:00pm. Good God, how I survived that day and many others in the 70's is still a mystery. San Francisco and the bay area in general was THE PLACE to be in the 70's, no doubt about it. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Glass...

I go crazy 'cause my folks are so fucking rich Have to score when I get that rich white punk itch Sounds real classy, living in a chateau So lonely, all the other kids will never know
We're white punks on dope Mom & Dad live in Hollywood......

74437848-SLD-001-0009.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0056.jpg

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

The Tubes indeed.....well what can I say? New Years Eve 1976, I was 20 years old then ( I think) these guys in the bay area were not to be missed. Winterland in SFO on NYE? What could go wrong? LOL! 

Saw 3 bands that night:

1. Flo and Eddie ( from The Turtles perhaps)?

2. Eddie Money

3. The Tubes

They played until 2:00am that night, talk about debauchery!  They had this "NYE costume contest" before The Tubes came out right?  Each girl came out in some well...rather sultry looking outfits. Fee Waybill was one of the judges. The last girl comes out stark naked, her butt facing the crowd, we were that close as it was general admission show right? She turns around, throws some "glitter" on her coochie, laughs and walks off the stage. Fee Waybill really liked it. 

Good lord me and my buddies had probably had 850 "bong hits" in the parking lot outside on Post and Steiner St waiting on the sidewalk all day before the show started at 8:00pm. Good God, how I survived that day and many others in the 70's is still a mystery. San Francisco and the bay area in general was THE PLACE to be in the 70's, no doubt about it. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Glass...

I go crazy 'cause my folks are so fucking rich Have to score when I get that rich white punk itch Sounds real classy, living in a chateau So lonely, all the other kids will never know
We're white punks on dope Mom & Dad live in Hollywood......

74437848-SLD-001-0009.jpg

74437848-SLD-001-0056.jpg

Fab. stuff Mike. Back when bongs were real bongs. Now they'd put me six feet under.    555555 !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes indeed, i have the album being looked after with the rest of my vinyl collection by my son in the UK.

I left mine with my Nephew. Kind of broke my heart, but vinyl weighs a friggen ton. 

Over the years I probably lost half my collection. Taking albums to parties or friends houses. Would get f***d up and forget them. Best days of my life though. 

• Thumbs Up 1