Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This place is always busy and active till about 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning. They have not began playing loud music so I'm guessing maybe they won't I live directly across from them and they don't bother me at all

I haven't heard any music at all, just people enjoying a quiet end of night, early morning meal, drinks and conversation.

• Great Info 1

24 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I haven't heard any music at all, just people enjoying a quiet end of night, early morning meal, drinks and conversation.

I walked by yesterday late afternoon and there were a couple of customers having a quiet drink. No music, but it was early I guess.

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Work is beginning on another business of some kind directly opposite of the one behind me  nirun that just opened. Not sure what it will be but they've developed almost that whole lot that was empty for 17 or 18 years now almost full with businesses

IMG_20231125_092131.jpg

IMG_20231125_092316.jpg

Should be interesting to see how many old electronic gizmos they pull out there. 

By now they may be worth some money for a tech history museum somewhere.

☺️

15 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They're really working to try to get this new project behind me built quickly it's 6:30 or about 6:30 it's dark out and they're out there with a cement truck floating cement into the formation that they built earlier in the day. The video isn't great obviously because it's night time but you can get an idea

Well, one thing to look for is how many piles they drive into the ground....The more piles the higher the building will be.....No piles mean one two-story max....

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Well, one thing to look for is how many piles they drive into the ground....The more piles the higher the building will be.....No piles mean one two-story max....

Could be just a concrete floor for a live Thai music stage. Bet the Nirun folks would just love that.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

With the typical loud base blasting out vibrations, Nirun would fall like the walls of Jericho.

If @Yesitisdakid can find the room of a local prostitute he can hide there and stay safe !!!

No need it really doesn't bother me but I'm sure they'll be some depending on what they're opening that won't be happy I'm trying to figure out what it's going to be. They've opened a bunch of restaurants back there they've got a huge market a new laundromat even a real estate place. Can't imagine what they're going to put back there can't believe they're investing money to open another restaurant right by the many that are already there but what do I know

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

No need it really doesn't bother me but I'm sure they'll be some depending on what they're opening that won't be happy I'm trying to figure out what it's going to be. They've opened a bunch of restaurants back there they've got a huge market a new laundromat even a real estate place. Can't imagine what they're going to put back there can't believe they're investing money to open another restaurant right by the many that are already there but what do I know

It doesn't end with an over abundance of just restaurants. That is almost a drop in the ocean when one compares that with the number of new bars and beer bar complexes which have grown up all over town.

An obvious example is Tree Town and the relatively new one in Second Road with the strange name that escapes me for the moment. A new walk around video pops up every other day on UTube and the only obvious common denominator is the lack of customers.

Apart from the large complexes of basically open air beer bars (which I hate) there are new beer bars everywhere. I hardly recognize Soi Buakhao any more for the new bars that have grown up along the whole length of it now.

How do the bars in Soi 6 survive? I am yet to view a single video that shows more than the occasional actual customer.

There was insufficient customers to support all the "Western orientated" entertainment venues pre-covid so how all these new and not so new venues going to survive is beyond me.

• Great Info 3

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

There was insufficient customers to support all the "Western orientated" entertainment venues pre-covid so how all these new and not so new venues going to survive is beyond me.

It's sort of like a "Gold Rush" mentality that keeps repeating -

- Massage shops

- Weed Shops

- The serious cash thrown in various venues post Covid that failed to take off. The site of the old Oasis gogo a good example.

- New and fairly large new/ replacement BB complexes - which then drive customers away with very loud music - eg the back lot of tree town.

I still just look for and support those places which get the fundamentals correct, ie -

A good line up, icy cold beer at reasonable prices & not too loud music.

But what would I know....

Edited by Zeb
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

There is going to be a LOT of vacant housing for a while. Like I said from the beginning.

Tommy reported recently that something like 46% of the flights from China to Thailand have been cancelled due to lack of demand.

The little "bounce back" the economy has had is over. It is what it is, there is simply not going to be much growth for a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

It doesn't end with an over abundance of just restaurants. That is almost a drop in the ocean when one compares that with the number of new bars and beer bar complexes which have grown up all over town.

An obvious example is Tree Town and the relatively new one in Second Road with the strange name that escapes me for the moment. A new walk around video pops up every other day on UTube and the only obvious common denominator is the lack of customers.

Apart from the large complexes of basically open air beer bars (which I hate) there are new beer bars everywhere. I hardly recognize Soi Buakhao any more for the new bars that have grown up along the whole length of it now.

How do the bars in Soi 6 survive? I am yet to view a single video that shows more than the occasional actual customer.

There are only two explanations I can come up with. But, heck, I could be totally off base.

1. Much of the construction we have seen the past two years was money already in the pipeline. Some of the smaller places were folks who were jumping in when prices were low. Some may do o.k., some will die an ugly death. 

2. Money being laundered by investing (or hiding it) in construction projects. This money could be coming from a number of different countries and sources. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not exactly a bar or restaurant but I seem to recall that an English food shop had opened on Soi Baukhou, was I dreaming  or does anyone know where this is?

Alternatively a friend keeps asking for Tea bags from anyone heading over to Thailand, any ideas are these available in Pattaya?

4 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Alternatively a friend keeps asking for Tea bags from anyone heading over to Thailand, any ideas are these available in Pattaya?

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/?s=tea+bags

They do free delivery over 1,000 Baht.

FEVER has 2 shops within walking distance of Buakhao and Nirun.

Where does he live ...???

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Not exactly a bar or restaurant but I seem to recall that an English food shop had opened on Soi Baukhou, was I dreaming  or does anyone know where this is?

It closed after a couple of months. I never understood the logic of it to tell you the truth. Only good for tourists with cooking facilities. It was too understocked for expats and had no parking .....

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It closed after a couple of months. I never understood the logic of it to tell you the truth. Only good for tourists with cooking facilities. It was too understocked for expats and had no parking .....

It was Churchill's on the north end of Buakhao. Tried to make a go of it as bar and when that didn't do well I imagine they tried to salvage something from the location by giving an expat food shop a try.

As they say, hope springs eternal, now the location is once again a bar.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 11/9/2023 at 8:12 AM, forcebwithu said:

On Soi Honey, the owner of Sweet's Massage will be trying something a bit different from the usual massage shops. He posted over on PA a picture of the coffee machine he bought for 300K and of the ladies receiving barista training. He's currently refurbishing the interior of the massage shop and expects to open, hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics of going in for a cup of coffee/tea and massage works. Credit to him for trying something different.

image.jpeg

Sweet's Cafe (aka Sweet's Massage) opened today. A positive review from the first customer today on another forum. Owner hasn't published pictures of the refurbished interior yet, but from the pictures in the review it looks like he did a great job on the refit.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Sweet's Cafe (aka Sweet's Massage) opened today. A positive review from the first customer today on another forum. Owner hasn't published pictures of the refurbished interior yet, but from the pictures in the review it looks like he did a great job on the refit.

image.jpeg

New venue for the coffee and cake club ? 😉 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1