Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

I just wonder how many of them survive last night I popped in to a bar I had noticed a few times ( quite a tasty wench at the door long story short I was the bars second customer in 10 hours ( 5 or 6 girls)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

65 or 66 spots based on that picture they've got to be mad and I'll tell you I want everybody to succeed here I want the town to flourish but that location with little to no parking 65 or 66 bars you got to be shitting me. Even the new made in Thailand complex many bars are not doing well. We'll see what happens I'm guessing some deposits have already been made if the working is continuing.

Since they haven't even cleared the back area, I wonder if there are phases to the project. Phase 1, develop the front area first and if they find enough suckers to lease those bars, then develop the back area in sections.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Posted on another forum was a link to a FB page with the floor plan for the new DK Beer Town complex. While I noticed the empty land behind where they're currently working, I hadn't realized they were going to plant beer bars there too.

According to the plan, like Myth they have very little space set aside for parking. If it were me, I would have opted for one or more less rows of bars at the back and used the space for parking. If, after the complex opened, business exceeded expectations, then I would have added more bars. The other thing in the plus column for such a plan, with fewer bars it takes less customers to make the place look busy.
441212079_3550748815185477_6389143611404207901_n.jpg

Some pics of the area earmarked for rows B thru E, starting with the entrance to the complex off of Soi 14.
P5100003.jpg

P5100005.jpg

P5100006.jpg

P5100016_stitch.jpg

P5100018.jpg

Wow, where do these people think they are going to get their customers from?

Most tourists will never cross 3rd road in their lives and if they did, would never do again.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

I just wonder how many of them survive last night I popped in to a bar I had noticed a few times ( quite a tasty wench at the door long story short I was the bars second customer in 10 hours ( 5 or 6 girls)

Off topic but Hua Hin is very much in low season.

Normally busy venues last night totally deviod of customers,or getting by on a handful in larger venues. By contrast several of  bars in Bangkok I went into last weekend were buzzing.

Maybe the expats only emerge in force on weekend nights??? 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 4/3/2024 at 7:01 PM, Stillearly said:

I can see the expats queuing up now ... 555

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6699.jpeg

Not sure why Jim Beam would be more expensive than Jack seeing as a bottle of Jack is about 1250 baht and Jim Beam 699 baht from the 7/11.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, hugh cow said:

Not sure why Jim Beam would be more expensive than Jack seeing as a bottle of Jack is about 1250 baht and Jim Beam 699 baht from the 7/11.

Maybe not many places sell it , so can charge a premium..... 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I have no problem crossing 2nd Rd and Beach Rd, but 3rd Rd with the fast moving, two way traffic scares me.

Indeed.

At one stage after Covid LK President on 3rd Road near the top end of Soi Pothole had some really good room rates - but I gave it a missed over concerns of crossing that road.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Since they haven't even cleared the back area, I wonder if there are phases to the project. Phase 1, develop the front area first and if they find enough suckers to lease those bars, then develop the back area in sections.

I'd rent one of the ones at the back and let it be known that it was a blow job bar in the ilk of the ones at the back of the bar area on soi 2 or 3 yonks ago !!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Wow, where do these people think they are going to get their customers from?

Most tourists will never cross 3rd road in their lives and if they did, would never do again.  Lol.

Where's 3rd Road ?

55555555555 !

• Haha 4

Must say, that I have not visited the likes of Soi Chaiyapoon and Soi Post Office for yonks, since pre Covid days. 

Any recommendations of bars/gogos in these Sois, perhaps that weren't there before ? Getting bored with LK and Buahkao these days. 

Have Chaiyapoon  and PO had a  face-lift ? Are Nevada and Far East Rock, Pump Station  still in existence?

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Must say, that I have not visited the likes of Soi Chaiyapoon and Soi Post Office for yonks, since pre Covid days. 

Any recommendations of bars/gogos in these Sois, perhaps that weren't there before ? Getting bored with LK and Buahkao these days. 

Have Chaiyapoon  and had a  face-lift ?

No recommendations on bars per se. But I would reckon you could find some pretty good bargins with hungry freelancers around there bout now.

22 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Have Chaiyapoon  and PO had a  face-lift ? Are Nevada and Far East Rock, Pump Station  still in existence?

A couple on Soi Pothole that are worth a look are Kubla Bar, Dive Bar, Pothole Bar.

Soi P.O. I haven't been to in yonks.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Long gone mate and along with it the street food that set up outside Far East Rock at around 11am!

IMO the best street food I have ever bought in Pattaya judging by choice, quality, taste and price !!

Pump station still there Derek, in name at least. I noticed it in April, one girl working there and it looked in a sorry state.

@Nightcrawler  we went to a bar on Chaiyapoon in Sept 22 together, The "Green Lantern" where they stung you for 200 baht for a JD Coke. That was the only bar we went into though. It was enough of a challenge to keep you out of the ladyboy massage joints that proliferate the area.

Soi Post Office has a few run of the mill beer bars, nothing exciting though - Damini money exchange is down there which is rumoured to offer better rates but I'm not sure myself. Bodega at the top popular with the expats.

Soi Chaiyapoon, Dive Bar, Buzzin Bar, High Rollers are worth a look, I did find that one or two of the girls in Dive Bar won't go with customers though. Maggie Mays is good as well, albeit needs a lick of paint and a more cheerful manager.

Edited by Butch
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oops,  I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant soi Yamato, not Chayapoon. Always get those names mixed up. Soi Pothole has transformed itself from its early days, apart from the rugged landscape under foot 

I plan to hire a m/cycle for a few days and do some reconnaissance missions 

Haven't been to Naklua, either, in recent years. 

Will be trying the new Vegas complex in Diana for the first time in a couple of weeks. 

On my last trip.we visited Dao bar on the DS. Hadn't been there in years, hardly recognisable from outside. Enjoyed it though but few customers there when we visited  

I always used to try and remember the name of that Soi 13/1 as it rhymes with tomato.

5 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Oops,  I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant soi Yamoto, not Chayapoon. Always get those names mixed up. Soi Pothole has transformed itself from its early days, apart from the rugged landscape under foot 

Will be trying the new Vegas complex in Diana for the first time in a couple of weeks. 

On my last trip.we visited Dao bar on the DS. Hadn't been there in years, hardly recognisable from outside. Enjoyed it though but few customers there when we visited  

Soi Yamato used to be one of my main go to Soi's. I usually stay on Soi 13. There is a handy cut through that you can use and come through that Sandic (sp) place. Virtually less than a 2 minute walk.

Not much has changed - same same

Try it sometime and let Butch sleep off his lub hangover.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Soi Yamato used to be one of my main go to Soi's. I usually stay on Soi 13. There is a handy cut through that you can use and come through that Sandic (sp) place. Virtually less than a 2 minute walk.

Not much has changed - same same

Try it sometime and let Butch sleep off his lub hangover.

I heard that TittyTwister has now reopened on 13/2. Probably  not owned by the two American guys as before and probably nothing like the original bar with the monkey in the corner. Had some good nights there in yesteryear. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

I heard that TittyTwister has now reopened on 13/2. Probably  not owned by the two American guys as before and probably nothing like the original bar with the monkey in the corner. Had some good nights there in yesteryear. 

I've never been in the twister (that I can remember anyway, lol).

I have stumbled past the Monkey bar, a few hundred times.

55555 !

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Oops,  I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant soi Yamato, not Chayapoon. Always get those names mixed up. Soi Pothole has transformed itself from its early days, apart from the rugged landscape under foot 

I always used to try and remember the name of that Soi 13/1 as it rhymes with tomato.

Bloody hell mate, not much difference in the two sois LOL!.

Yamato has the HOPS on the Beach road end. It has some of the less salubrious bars on it but tbh, I walked down there a few times and there are a few nice girls populating one or two of them. They're often grateful for the business and there's less hawkers and more interaction than you'd get on say, LKM or Treetown.

However, there is a "full service" massage place just after Hops. 1500 all in including a decent massage, as told to me by a friend.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/cU1aL8mAWYf2modRA

you've also got Wonderful Bar at the top which is cheap and cheerful.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RoXh3BsHbvsa2Et8A

No idea what this place is though, looks like a GGB of questionable quality, unless someone can take on for the team and find out...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mWFJKRkuA1V5KwRr9

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Butch said:

Bloody hell mate, not much difference in the two sois LOL!.

Yamato has the HOPS on the Beach road end. It has some of the less salubrious bars on it but tbh, I walked down there a few times and there are a few nice girls populating one or two of them. They're often grateful for the business and there's less hawkers and more interaction than you'd get on say, LKM or Treetown.

However, there is a "full service" massage place just after Hops. 1500 all in including a decent massage, as told to me by a friend.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/cU1aL8mAWYf2modRA

you've also got Wonderful Bar at the top which is cheap and cheerful.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RoXh3BsHbvsa2Et8A

No idea what this place is though, looks like a GGB of questionable quality, unless someone can take on for the team and find out...

There is a little hidden away short time (hotel) joint a little down the Soi. Not far from Hops. You practically need a guide dog to help you find it, but can be very usefull (and discreet). 

The towels are very crusty though (as if they are washed repeatedly in the same water).

I've always liked the Soi 13's. Easy proximity to beach road and in the old days could quickly bop down to W.S. or catch a baht bus either direction.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

That is "So Nice", a long time ago known as "Las Vegas II" (or maybe it was "Las Vegas III").

@Nightcrawler will find some very compatible ladies in there.

🙂

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3