Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 12/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, johnpat said:

The first step up to the entrance of the shop is very high, probably twice the height of a normal step.    It will challenge your balance if you've had a few.     

You can see the enourmous step in Blue Streak's photo. I expect there's an overall Pattaya City infrastructure plan and after some new drains and road surfacing overlay everything will work out just mm perfect.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/20/2023 at 2:18 PM, Blue Streak said:

Coming soon to Soi 7 another Nick Dean production...lol...

20231220_203342.jpg

I've just watched the NDTVi Video on the latest issues, I think he said it's meant to be opening Friday, but he's hit issues with one of the TV's and to be honest, it looks to be a tall order considering the toilet doesn't even look to be plumbed in.

Anyway, it's an odd name for a bar and an unusual concept with the colour scheme. I daresay I'll pay it a visit on my next trip, just to see what Soi 7 is like nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Very nice of them for sure looks very nice but how many people can remember when you didn't have to give food away and sell beer at close to cost you just had to run a good bar to get people to come in.

Well if a bar wants my 69-79-89 baht I expect a full spread of top quality free food.......O-yea.....And 2 plates and a doggy bag...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Very nice of them for sure looks very nice but how many people can remember when you didn't have to give food away and sell beer at close to cost you just had to run a good bar to get people to come in.

Didn't Secrets give away food every Sunday ? 😜 555

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Didn't Secrets give away food every Sunday ? 😜 555

yes every afternoon used to be a members meet up on sunday.went when i was in town had afew good afternoons leading into evenings there and moved on with afew members back in day

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, thunder367 said:

yes every afternoon used to be a members meet up on sunday.went when i was in town had afew good afternoons leading into evenings there and moved on with afew members back in day

Yeah, I remember these Sundays too - especially for the fellows who would show up for the food on this day but you'd never see them in there on any other day...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I remember these Sundays too - especially for the fellows who would show up for the food on this day but you'd never see them in there on any other day...

And they would say...." See you next Sunday"......lol...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Actually the number of guys who ONLY showed up on Sundays was on the small side....But people love to talk about them....Even to this day Mr. Egg still brings up these small number of guys as a excuse for never having any parties....(except for the Youtubers)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2023 at 10:44 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Which bars?

I have lived here 30 years and don't know of any farang bar selling beer "at close to cost" ... Unless they were buying their beer from Friendship ...

... And if by "running a bar well" you mean ripping off naive tourists that are sucked in by a forum then I totally agree !!

EDIT = I lied!!! Of course there was the 4 hour all the brown bottle beer chang you can drink for 100 baht upstairs in NEP ... And he still made a profit !!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Which bars?

I have lived here 30 years and don't know of any farang bar selling beer "at close to cost" ... Unless they were buying their beer from Friendship ...

... And if by "running a bar well" you mean ripping off naive tourists that are sucked in by a forum then I totally agree !!

EDIT = I lied!!! Of course there was the 4 hour all the brown bottle beer chang you can drink for 100 baht upstairs in NEP ... And he still made a profit !!

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:06 PM, Blue Streak said:

Nice little buffet laid on by the Dark Horse in Tree Town last night.. Used

to be the smaller of the 2 Matador bars.......Chap from Norwich and his

wife run it....shame about the sound level in that part of Tree Town......

20231226_004726.jpg

Just to set the record straight this couple have just taken over the bar in the past month...

There prime object of the event was a thank you to their Thai friends that had helped

them and there was a lucky dip for some small gifts for them, which I declined...This took

place on Christmas night......

• Thumbs Up 3