Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Which proves two things.

1. Some Pattaya Vloggers are useful.

2. Sometimes I post a load of bollocks, but in my defense I have no interest in Insomnia even if it is 39 Baht! The normal price is 49 Baht where he visited elsewhere ..which I don't consider to be "close to cost"

He found the 2 cheapest beer prices at New Plaza 49 baht...I think this was happy hour....New Plaza is cheap ( but not this cheap) at night...

And at Insomnia....39 baht from 8-10 PM....Then beer prices then go up to like 140-160 at 10.01 PM

So I guess you could start drinking at New Plaza in the afternoon and finish your drinking at  Insomnia by 10.01 and save loads of money...lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

if by "running a bar well" you mean ripping off naive tourists that are sucked in by a forum then I totally agree !!

Hard to argue with that but actually we did a shitty job of doing that because those so-called naive tourists just kept coming back year after year either we did a shitty job or they were clueless I guess 😊

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Hard to argue with that but actually we did a shitty job of doing that because those so-called naive tourists just kept coming back year after year either we did a shitty job or they were clueless I guess 😊

Jealousy always was the biggest form of flattery.

The forum got them through the front door the first time and they kept coming back because they liked what they found inside.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/28/2023 at 1:10 AM, Blue Streak said:

The old K Bank building on Soi Buakhao..lead to believe something to do

with Danny's Sport Bar....

Yes. Danny confirmed this over on PA.

Danny's Sport Bar on Buakhaw

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

The forum got them through the front door the first time and they kept coming back because they liked what they found inside.

Maybe the best daytime lineup in the history of Pattaya. Good food, clean toilets, free wifi back when that wasn't common, and great a/c. What was not to like?

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

I first visited the bar by luck, just was passing by on way to Walking Street. Never knew about a forum attached, just was an OK place to go and feel comfortable with my wife. I came back a few times because, again, it was a place that I could go with the wife.

Never felt it was a full on go go bar, just a good place to drink and listen to good music. Seemed to be well run and I never felt insecure for me when with the wife which is not the case with some establishments.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 12/28/2023 at 10:44 AM, Trip said:

The bloke running this Vlog is a total prick. Tom has had a few names over the past, "broke farang" being one of them, "barfines and powerlines" being his first. He basically started, or became known for his livestreams , usually from small bars where he would become more drunk and more abusive to others. He just sits there and smokes and drinks all the time.

One such incident was when he kicked and broke the plastic legs of a chair his then GF was sitting on, and when a Thai guy stood up to remonstrate, Tom hid behind his GF. The video is out there somewhere. Another is when he was challenged about his actions by another farang, and again, got his GF to provide a couple of Thai guys to help him out and protect him.

He also made some very nasty comments about Kev in Thailand shortly after he died, which was cowardly in the extreme.

His vlogs were sponsored by Nightwish for a while, until (it was said that) Bryan could see the damage being associated with him was causing, and he withdrew his sponsorship. That the gave Tom carte blanche to attack NWG for any reason.

He's a piece of vermin with absolutely no redeeming features at all. Very disrespectful to Thai people, more so when drunk, he seems to take a dislike to anyone who disagrees with him, he disrespects Thailand, complains and is really a great example of the worst type of Farang that you see in Pattaya, drunk.

Edited by Butch
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Butch said:

The bloke running this Vlog is a total prick. Tom has had a few names over the past, "broke farang" being one of them, "barfines and powerlines" being his first. He basically started, or became known for his livestreams , usually from small bars where he would become more drunk and more abusive to others. He just sits there and smokes and drinks all the time.

One such incident was when he kicked and broke the plastic legs of a chair his then GF was sitting on, and when a Thai guy stood up to remonstrate, Tom hid behind his GF. The video is out there somewhere. Another is when he was challenged about his actions by another farang, and again, got his GF to provide a couple of Thai guys to help him out and protect him.

He also made some very nasty comments about Kev in Thailand shortly after he died, which was cowardly in the extreme.

His vlogs were sponsored by Nightwish for a while, until (it was said that) Bryan could see the damage being associated with him was causing, and he withdrew his sponsorship. That the gave Tom carte blanche to attack NWG for any reason.

He's a piece of vermin with absolutely no redeeming features at all. Very disrespectful to Thai people, more so when drunk, he seems to take a dislike to anyone who disagrees with him, he disrespects Thailand, complains and is really a great example of the worst type of Farang that you see in Pattaya, drunk.

But what do you really think about him?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Trip said:

Yikes, new GC on LK Metro, Mint.

123589.jpg

Celibacy might make a comeback in 2024 in Pattaya.

what the f**k?.

Seriously, this is the best a GC can come up with?. I sincerely hope it is aimed at our friends from the subcontinent and not us fellas here.

number 3 with the sunnies on her head is the only one I'd be prepared to buy a drink for, and possibly barfine as I can hope the tits are real and not padded, but only on that basis. I wouldn't be willing to stump up anything more than 1500 ST though, and that's hoping she does either Nectar points or greenshield stamps.

How can you possibly offer a line up like that when a trip down Soi 6 offers double the quality.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I first visited the bar by luck, just was passing by on way to Walking Street. Never knew about a forum attached, just was an OK place to go and feel comfortable with my wife. I came back a few times because, again, it was a place that I could go with the wife.

Never felt it was a full on go go bar, just a good place to drink and listen to good music. Seemed to be well run and I never felt insecure for me when with the wife which is not the case with some establishments.

I never did understand the exact5ly what it was. was it s go go? No sexy shows so no. 

I met Ben at Bruce's condo while it was in the planning stages and it seemed to me it was to be similar to FLB with food and rooms but that did not happen.

22 minutes ago, Butch said:

what the f**k?.

Seriously, this is the best a GC can come up with?. I sincerely hope it is aimed at our friends from the subcontinent and not us fellas here.

number 3 with the sunnies on her head is the only one I'd be prepared to buy a drink for, and possibly barfine as I can hope the tits are real and not padded, but only on that basis. I wouldn't be willing to stump up anything more than 1500 ST though, and that's hoping she does either Nectar points or greenshield stamps.

How can you possibly offer a line up like that when a trip down Soi 6 offers double the quality.

The one on the far right could make an NFL team if she lost some weight.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

was it  the police raid and the manager carted off to the monkey house issue that they liked?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jezza said:

was it  the police raid and the manager carted off to the monkey house issue that they liked?

More likely the cheap as chips shares in the business. Apparently unlimited in number.

I thought it was a thriving business any way until Carlsberg discovered poker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jezza said:

Or in my case sitting in the bar early doors and being part of a 3 way Mexican standoff.

The "woman in black" greeted me before saying that she was hungry and popped out for food which left me with the end scene to The God The Bad and The Ugly.

There were two women servers gambling at the bar and refused to interrupt their game to take my order but instead told the man behind the bar to serve me but he refused telling them in no uncertain terms to do their fucking job.

So there it was the Barman, The Girls and The Ugly each not willing to back down .... So I left. Simples.

I feel the need to reiterate that none of the problems I had in there had anything to do with @Yesitisdakid . Further, every person I know that worked for him and with him have nothing but good words to say about him and would gladly work with him again.

But there were kuntz in there, that's for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mrmango said:

I never did understand the exact5ly what it was. was it s go go? No sexy shows so no. 

I met Ben at Bruce's condo while it was in the planning stages and it seemed to me it was to be similar to FLB with food and rooms but that did not happen.

The reason, I could take the wife, no sexy shows except for coyote dancers (I think that's what you call them). Wife felt comfortable as nothing was going on, no nude dancers, no seedy guys playing with girls, seemed well run with professional staff attending. Mamasans chatted to us regularly.

Maybe some would disagree with what I have said but I can only go by what I saw.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The reason, I could take the wife, no sexy shows except for coyote dancers (I think that's what you call them). Wife felt comfortable as nothing was going on, no nude dancers, no seedy guys playing with girls, seemed well run with professional staff attending. Mamasans chatted to us regularly.

Maybe some would disagree with what I have said but I can only go by what I saw.

That is a perfect assessment of the model Secrets had.

Was my all time favourite bar. Lost count of the amount of girls that found their way to my room from there!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4