Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

very simple.   Ask a girl if she works at 10 day contract and sells no drinks and get no barfines how much will the bar pay her.  That's her salary.

Every gogo is different of course but if you ask in one of those places have have just tons of girls working the the answer she'll give you is zero or close to zero.  That's what the bar pays her.

I suspect that that there are still some old-fashioned gogos where the girls are paid a decent salary and lady drinks are like icing on the cake.. but not the massive number of dancers places.

Are you new here?

Lol, yeah, right believe a GoGo girl is telling you, who she just met; the truth about anything.

Well, the sick buffalo might be a winner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnpat said:

very simple.   Ask a girl if she works at 10 day contract and sells no drinks and get no barfines how much will the bar pay her.  That's her salary.

Every gogo is different of course but if you ask in one of those places have have just tons of girls working the the answer she'll give you is zero or close to zero.  That's what the bar pays her.

I suspect that that there are still some old-fashioned gogos where the girls are paid a decent salary and lady drinks are like icing on the cake.. but not the massive number of dancers places.

I think the girls are guaranteed a basic salary......If a girl sold no drinks I bet she would still be paid but she would be out of a job in short order if the non drink selling was happening often...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:50 AM, boydeste said:

Was stunned at how many girls were in XS agogo last night. Rough count of 200 plus.

Many super hot ones too.

Where is XS ...not been in Pattaya about six months prefer BKK recently ..... hope all is well me old fisherman. 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, fforest said:

I think the girls are guaranteed a basic salary......If a girl sold no drinks I bet she would still be paid but she would be out of a job in short order if the non drink selling was happening often...

Always a basic wage and with that the chance to make real money with Drinks and BFs. Like said if after a short time in the bar they are not getting drinks then they are replaced.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Always a basic wage and with that the chance to make real money with Drinks and BFs. Like said if after a short time in the bar they are not getting drinks then they are replaced.

Are some girls just too shy to be asking for drinks all the time or basically lazy?

On 2/3/2024 at 5:31 PM, Trip said:

Are you new here?

Lol, yeah, right believe a GoGo girl is telling you, who she just met; the truth about anything.

Well, the sick buffalo might be a winner.

I've been here long enough to remember when the asian guys were confined to Supergirls and Superbaby .. and when Sensations started the idea of putting tons of girls on stage and paying them nearly nothing and making the sell drinks to make their money.

Do you remember that?

12 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I'm curious which  gogos you interviewed girls from  to get this information?    

When I asked the XS girl (who I know very well) what would happen if she didn't sell any drinks and have any barfines she looked shocked at such a stupid question.   It was obvious to her that she would get no money from the bar and she would be not be allowed to get a new contract there.   She did note that on the first contract where they were just testing the girl the bar did not cut for missing drinks from her quota,  so the bar and girl get a chance to see how we'll they'll work out.

1 hour ago, johnpat said:

I've been here long enough to remember when the asian guys were confined to Supergirls and Superbaby .. and when Sensations started the idea of putting tons of girls on stage and paying them nearly nothing and making the sell drinks to make their money.

Do you remember that?

I remember when 2nd Road was a gravel/dirt road, so probably.

Let's take an example

At Fahrenheit a supermodel contract is  20,000 for 10 days, must sell 70 drinks cut 220 for each drink under quota.  Also must have two barfines.    I'm not sure what the cut is for failing to make a barfine but it's likely the same as the cost of the barfine, namely 2500 baht.

So a theoretical girl who works 10 days, 8pm to 4am (8 hours), buys her own outfits and make up, yet sells no drinks and has no barfines:

20000 - (70 * 220) - (2 * 2500) = -400

That's right she ends up owing the bar 400.   

Of course this never happens, everyone sells some drinks and the girl I talked to didn't know the cut for no barfine since that's not happened to her yet.   I think a girl who found she couldn't sell enough drinks would quit before the end of the 10 day contract and may not even get the money for what drinks she could sell.

But the point is that the bar's cost to employ a girl is exactly zero baht.   All the money she makes is from selling drinks or barfines.   The customer is putting money in her pay envelope at the end of the contract, not the bar.

That is why XS can employ hundreds of girls on a shift.   Their salary cost for those girls is zero (except those on their first contract).

People freak out about these huge salaries that gogos are supposedly paying girls.    Those aren't salaries.   Those are sales targets for a girl who can hustle and sell drinks and her company.

• Thanks 1

This reminds me of strips clubs I used to visit long ago in San Francisco.   Always full of lovely ladies.  

The club didn't pay the girls.  In fact the girls had a pay a "stage fee" every day if they wanted to work.   The club simply provided a place for girls and customer to meet and for the girl to make money.

The modern gogos are like that now.  The club (like XS and Fahrenheit) simply provides a venue for girl and customer to interact and the club makes money from selling the customer drinks.   

I liked it before when the girls were salaried and got extra money from lady drinks but were more interested in bar fines rather than selling lady drinks to get to their quota.   But clearly the girls have spoken and the hot girls prefer a place where they can make much more than a regular salary.. and the guys prefer to look at tons of pretty girls.

Well it takes a certain level of what’s the word I am looking for ……. oh yeah stupidly to question Larry’s knowledge of gogo employment terms but I think we have a winner. 👍😃

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Thank you I refuse to get into a pissing contest but I will say that these girls are far smarter than what many take them to be. They're for sure smart enough to tell the Foreigner what they want them to believe 

I just gave you the facts as I've learned from a few gogo girls (one ended up living with me for seven years).

Please go out and check for yourself and report back with what you found since obviously they can't fool you.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Thank you I refuse to get into a pissing contest but I will say that these girls are far smarter than what many take them to be. They're for sure smart enough to tell the Foreigner what they want them to believe 

The girls in the nighlife industry generally have a low educational qualification and perhaps an alternative of factory or farming work. Unsurprisingly nearly all women have strong family building skiĺls and are smart, so no reason to be surprised there.

There are girls who can go to a bank, arrange a bank loan, buy a house and also send money home to their family. Many others just manage to survive on a reasonable take home salary. Amounts of THB1,500 per day before LD + BF are not the norm.

7 minutes ago, Zambo said:

The girls in the nighlife industry generally have a low educational qualification and perhaps an alternative of factory or farming work. Unsurprisingly nearly all women have strong family building skiĺls and are smart, so no reason to be surprised there.

There are girls who can go to a bank, arrange a bank loan, buy a house and also send money home to their family. Many others just manage to survive on a reasonable take home salary. Amounts of THB1,500 per day before LD + BF are not the norm.

Couldn't agree more regarding their lack of educational skills

But their street skills make up for whatever they didn't learn in the classrooms.

It doesn't take them long to learn what to say and who to say it to they're very Street Smart

• Thumbs Up 5

22 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

But their street skills make up for whatever they didn't learn in the classrooms.

It doesn't take them long to learn what to say and who to say it to they're very Street Smart

Agreed street skills gained from on-the-job training do enable the girls to maximise their income whether they are employed in beer bars, agogo or massage.

But their salary depends on other salary rates in the F&B, retail and manufacturing industries. 

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Is it salary from their employer or other income from customers. Of course persuading us guys to pay more is the best skill a Thai girl can gain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

There's at least one poster in this thread that has bought a few buffalo.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Indeed.

And so many guys don't recognize that is what the girls (those that are good earners), do what they do to take care of themselves and often their families. 

For example - A guy might want a permanent gf and sponsor her to support her as she would without her having the security of her own income she was accustomed to. Some of these girls make a lot of money, and because of that credit payments they have to pay off. So, if a guy and a girl really like each other the guy has to understand the financial needs she may already be obligated to. They are not going to risk (in most cases) their basic income source for a guy who might throw them 20,000 baht once a month. If prior to that the girls needs to support her obligations was 50,000. 

Who in their right mind cannot understand the reality of this. Unless you have the means to support properly it ain't gonna happen. Most of them aren't that stupid. Basic financial security is a common need for everyone.

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Trip said:

There's at least one poster in this thread that has bought a few buffalo.

All that's clear to me is that I know a lot more about what goes on in gogos than you.   

Don't worry though you still have your memory of a gravel covered second road. 55555