Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 3/21/2024 at 5:37 PM, Stillearly said:

I was in Butterflies last night ( this morning ... ) when the sewer guy came round to empty ( I think ) ... a huge rat came scurrying across the floor .. they also fcuked up my second drink , gave me tonic instead of soda , then got mad with me for pointing it out ...I won't be back 

IMG_9031.jpeg

Looks like a hog farm. lol

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I wonder if this complex will be open by the time I come back in October ....? 555

IMG_9077.jpeg

I have to change my flight back to Thailand and I am trying to decide between September and October.

The rainy season usually ends "Up North" by October but in Pattaya (second half of my visit)  invariably October is the last and by far the worst month for rain is it not?

Decisions, decisions. 🤣

Either way, there are already way too many entertainment venues so maybe it just becomes another white elephant like Tree Town.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I have to change my flight back to Thailand and I am trying to decide between September and October.

The rainy season usually ends "Up North" by October but in Pattaya (second half of my visit)  invariably October is the last and by far the worst month for rain is it not?

Decisions, decisions. 🤣

Either way, there are already way too many entertainment venues so maybe it just becomes another white elephant like Tree Town.

It's a crap shoot which month has the most rainfall, Sept or Oct. Last year Oct won out.

Personally I wouldn't let the rainy season affect my travel plans as the rains last only an hour or two. The exception would be if we get hit with a tropical storm, but those have been rare the last several years.

And even if it does rain, you'll have the shiny new Las Vegas Beer Garden to wait out the rain in. But then again, maybe not.

image.png

http://www.pattayaweather.net/Historical-Weather-Statistics.html

• Like 1
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jambo said:

have to change my flight back to Thailand and I am trying to decide between September and October.

September is my favourite month when "in the village" because that is when there is village football tournaments for a week Nationwide, normally held in the village school. It is great fun watching, drinking and eating food... Try and find out from the missus when yours is due and book it for those dates ..

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, thumper63 said:

With all the changes in Pattaya and the surrounding area it is so nice to see that some things haven't changed at all

20240325_145231.jpg

20240325_150606.jpg

20240325_150611.jpg

Used to love sitting outside at Pitini's, watching the world go by.

Went through quite a few of their waitresses on various trips! Tried to avoid the ones that had to start at 6am the next morning :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

September is my favourite month when "in the village" because that is when there is village football tournaments for a week Nationwide, normally held in the village school. It is great fun watching, drinking and eating food... Try and find out from the missus when yours is due and book it for those dates ..

I will be spending the first 19 days of my trip way "Up North" in Mae Sot  which is a large town with both a football and separate athletics stadiums. The local football team is not (too) bad and enjoys very enthusiastic and good support from the locals.

The climate is somewhat different to Pattaya and usually September is the last month of the rainy season . So if I arrive in October I probably will miss most of the rain but my recollection of mid to late October in Pattaya was often huge thunderstorms and the occasional extended period of several days of non-stop rain which does not usually happen any other month.

I think I will change my flight to arrive mid October which means when I get to Pattaya it will be a week or so into November which always used to be dry and was the start of my fair weather golfing season. 😊

Unfortunately, I believe last year was an exception with heavy rain well into November.

The worlds weather has gone crazy so why should Thailand be any different.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I will be spending the first 19 days of my trip way "Up North" in Mae Sot  which is a large town with both a football and separate athletics stadiums. The local football team is not (too) bad and enjoys very enthusiastic and good support from the locals.

Yes mate, I lived in Kamphaengpet for 8 years.. (I also put the first AIS GSM sites on air in Maesot and Umphang back in the day !)

One consideration is how you intend to get to Maesot. If by car then you could get totally cut off by the floods in Nackon Sawang (including the ring road) like I did once .... 😲

EDIT = I was refering to village standard football whereby each village all over Thailand play their neighbours in a weeklong competition... Sort of like a village fete...It sometimes includes a women's competition too (That is where the real rivalry appears to be ..Eat your hearts out Leeds v Chelsea this can get REALLY dirty!!!!)

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

4 hours ago, biggles said:

Is it still the same Brit owner? Must have had it 15+ years if it is. 

Not sure who's got it now but the original owner was a disc jockey from Southern California he opened it up got it going and then sold it went back home I was told.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:03 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, I lived in Kamphaengpet for 8 years.. (I also put the first AIS GSM sites on air in Maesot and Umphang back in the day !)

One consideration is how you intend to get to Maesot. If by car then you could get totally cut off by the floods in Nackon Sawang (including the ring road) like I did once .... 😲

EDIT = I was refering to village standard football whereby each village all over Thailand play their neighbours in a weeklong competition... Sort of like a village fete...It sometimes includes a women's competition too (That is where the real rivalry appears to be ..Eat your hearts out Leeds v Chelsea this can get REALLY dirty!!!!)

I will fly Nok Air to Mae Sot where my car is waiting for me to use during my stay having been basically in storage. Sai and her sister have a Ford truck and some monster Isuzu.

I finally changed my flights today.

I will fly to Bangkok on the 20th October and then Don Mueang to Mae Sot returning to Edinburgh on the 15th November. On the way back I will give myself a week or so in Pattaya. I picked those dates to hopefully miss the rainy season both "Up North" and in Pattaya.

Qatar Airways ripped me off to the tune of four hundred pounds to change my flights. I suppose that reflects how much the fare has increased since I originally booked.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I will fly Nok Air to Mae Sot where my car is waiting for me to use during my stay having been basically in storage. Sai and her sister have a Ford truck and some monster Isuzu.

I finally changed my flights today.

I will fly to Bangkok on the 20th October and then Don Mueang to Mae Sot returning to Edinburgh on the 15th November. On the way back I will give myself a week or so in Pattaya. I picked those dates to hopefully miss the rainy season both "Up North" and in Pattaya.

Qatar Airways ripped me off to the tune of four hundred pounds to change my flights. I suppose that reflects how much the fare has increased since I originally booked.

I think October is a wise move mate. Less chance of rain.

Best wishes. I am very glad you have something to look forward to. You have worked hard to get there.

Well deserved mate. Well deserved.

• Like 2

Had a great time at this bar last night with Gordon and the Big Guy. The place was rocking and the musicians were spot on. I left at 2am while my mates were still singing an dancing. It was a great crowd.

1711603389768.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Had a great time at this bar last night with Gordon and the Big Guy. The place was rocking and the musicians were spot on. I left at 2am while my mates were still singing an dancing. It was a great crowd.

1711603389768.jpg

• Like 1

Went to the Triangle bar thought I'd try it out. Had a place mat that said All beer and spirits two for one. I asked the waitress (always looking for the scam) does that mean two drinks for the price of one. She said yes. I got the first drink and looked at the bin and the price was for two drinks. When I queried it they said that's right you get the one price for two drinks. Nice scam. First and last time I will go to the Triangle bar. Spoke to a guy on the way out and he got caught with the same thing. Said he was leaving after he finished the drink so two potential regulars that they lost. Not that they will care.

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

20 minutes ago, hugh cow said:

Went to the Triangle bar thought I'd try it out. Had a place mat that said All beer and spirits two for one. I asked the waitress (always looking for the scam) does that mean two drinks for the price of one. She said yes. I got the first drink and looked at the bin and the price was for two drinks. When I queried it they said that's right you get the one price for two drinks. Nice scam. First and last time I will go to the Triangle bar. Spoke to a guy on the way out and he got caught with the same thing. Said he was leaving after he finished the drink so two potential regulars that they lost. Not that they will care.

Out of interest how much did each beer work out as then?

The Billabong run the same scheme as I recall, I'd guess the real earner comes from the number of people who never finish there second drink, the probability of that rise with each order!!

29 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Out of interest how much did each beer work out as then?

The Billabong run the same scheme as I recall, I'd guess the real earner comes from the number of people who never finish there second drink, the probability of that rise with each order!!

Also with Billabong the 2-1 only applies to House spirits, the House vodka is the worse I have tasted ... if you order Smirnoff then they charge 130 Baht per drink ... I can get the same in an air conditioned bar or GoGo 🤷‍♂️

I now avoid , unless friends want to meet there ... but I prefer Time Bar myself 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, hugh cow said:

I agree...I dislike the 2 drink thing too....I am not a big drinker and one drink at a time is what I like...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Also with Billabong the 2-1 only applies to House spirits, the House vodka is the worse I have tasted ... if you order Smirnoff then they charge 130 Baht per drink ... I can get the same in an air conditioned bar or GoGo 🤷‍♂️

I now avoid , unless friends want to meet there ... but I prefer Time Bar myself 

Thanks for the current info. I'd much rather be over the road in air conditioned comfort, and not have to listen to the Billabong's awful house band.

Joy of Patts, something for everyone's tastes.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hugh cow said:

I would surely make a point to speak with the owner. Either that same day or at some point in the future and joyfully tell him to fcuk off.

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That is definitely my favourite bar in that area .... but on my last trip into town I discovered that the "railing seats" are not protected from the rain as the awning doesn't extend that far. Bloody annoying really !!

• Sad 1