Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Progress update on the new Nicky's location. Seems to me the interior will be slightly smaller than their existing place.

Where exactly is this please ???

David Strachan gives some coverage on the Las Vegas Beer Bar Complex.

Also right at the beginning of the clip he shows the new Beer Bars in Soi Boomerang - sort of on the left hand turn down towards the Hideaway Bar etc - they look Ok - just Beer Bars but lets see how they go 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Apologies if this has been mentioned already I haven't seen it here but there is a very large area that had a huge Banner on it on 3rd Rd Opposite I believe it's soi 21 the same one that PP massage is on. It says something regarding a new beer bar complex being built I'm sure it's just an April Fool's joke not only is that just more beer bars that aren't needed but that is a bad location in my opinion. Unless they've got big parking plans and still they've got to have a major draw to get people up there I would think. I just can't see another 10 or 15 bar complex springing up and succeeding but what do I know

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They've also cut their operating hours by 2 hours giving the bars two Less hours in which to operate. And they have no choice

No.... They have cut the opening hours by 4 hours. What's next closed every Monday...??

From

Seats: 330
Open Hours: 2pm till 4 am

https://donedeal.in.th/businesses/1043_lk-metro

To

5pm till 3am

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

21 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I dropped into the Las Vegas complex for the first time last night; the place was probably between 2/3 and 3/4 full and the band appeared to be beginning for the evening. I sat at a bar about a quarter of the way in and had a Sangsom, and bought a drink for a girl there. I think my drink was 80b and hers was 170b. I was enjoying chatting with her and then the band started and like most music bars, it was simply too loud to have an easy conversation. There was a noise meter quite close to this bar and it was hovering between 95 - 100db while the band played. I think it's a nice place and I will go back but I'll definitely be sitting as close to the entrance as possible if the band is on.

Great narrative Gord, just a few questions..we missed this place a few weeks back. We did hit "Myth" for a quick drink after dinner one evening...it was OK.

So if you know, what time does the band start? 8:00pm, 9:00pm?  Does the air conditioning make a difference? Can you tell it helps?  

Hate to be the downer, but still for the life of me, do NOT know why they let these bands play as loud as " Deep Purple" back in 1972 LOL!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Yessongs said:

Great narrative Gord, just a few questions..we missed this place a few weeks back. We did hit "Myth" for a quick drink after dinner one evening...it was OK.

So if you know, what time does the band start? 8:00pm, 9:00pm?  Does the air conditioning make a difference? Can you tell it helps?  

Hate to be the downer, but still for the life of me, do NOT know why they let these bands play as loud as " Deep Purple" back in 1972 LOL!

I seem to recall being in there just after 9:00PM and it sounded like the band was just starting, and yes, the AC does make a difference, was quite pleasant in there. As for the noise level, I agree - it's one thing if you are going to a concert and you are focused completely on the music, but in a bar setting where you want to communicate as well, I do think volume levels need to be managed a lot better and in a big space like this I don't think that would be too difficult. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 4/13/2024 at 9:24 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already I haven't seen it here but there is a very large area that had a huge Banner on it on 3rd Rd Opposite I believe it's soi 21 the same one that PP massage is on. It says something regarding a new beer bar complex being built I'm sure it's just an April Fool's joke not only is that just more beer bars that aren't needed but that is a bad location in my opinion. Unless they've got big parking plans and still they've got to have a major draw to get people up there I would think. I just can't see another 10 or 15 bar complex springing up and succeeding but what do I know

Here's the sign, and a pic of the progress from the rear.

dk beer 01.jpg

dk beer 02.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthaibikinimafia%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0jds48HZEnmSoFTqu3Dm5qJaLDPA31ZjX4Qt5VgmdcMViQDVtChwrP1UTvmeG2cqKl&show_text=true&width=500&is_preview=true" width="500" height="719" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/thaibikinimafia/posts/748420154108076?ref=embed_post

IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthaibikinimafia%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0jds48HZEnmSoFTqu3Dm5qJaLDPA31ZjX4Qt5VgmdcMViQDVtChwrP1UTvmeG2cqKl&show_text=true&width=500&is_preview=true" width="500" height="719" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/thaibikinimafia/posts/748420154108076?ref=embed_post

IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

I wonder why the girl in the middle is holding Colgate toothpaste in her hand?

Maybe the three, top right, have just all used it. 😁

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I seem to recall being in there just after 9:00PM and it sounded like the band was just starting, and yes, the AC does make a difference, was quite pleasant in there. As for the noise level, I agree - it's one thing if you are going to a concert and you are focused completely on the music, but in a bar setting where you want to communicate as well, I do think volume levels need to be managed a lot better and in a big space like this I don't think that would be too difficult. 

Personally speaking, assuming the band was any good, that would be the only reason that would attract me to a bar complex like this.

I used to love The Blues Factory.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

Personally speaking, assuming the band was any good, that would be the only reason that would attract me to a bar complex like this.

I used to love The Blues Factory.

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Me too, i was a regular, real sad when it closed.

Before The Blues Factory opened there was a beer bar right opposite the entrance called Rock Hard.

They had excellent music on there at the weekend.....I wouldn't know about midweek coz I was still working in Bangkok at the time ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3