What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

The USD exchange rate is great now.......My chart reading says the Baht is going no where but down for many years into the future...

The baht has gone nowhere but up since the 1950s  except for 1997....And now its currency payback time....I predict the dollar and pound will rise above their 1997 peaks and stay there for a loooong time...

• Great Info 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

The USD exchange rate is great now.......My chart reading says the Baht is going no where but down for many years into the future...

The baht has gone nowhere but up since the 1950s  except for 1997....And now its currency payback time....I predict the dollar and pound will rise above their 1997 peaks and stay there for a loooong time...

The pound has a hell of a long jump to make then,lets hope so but i cant see it,in fact i cant see the £ going over 50 again,ever,uk is f***d.

• Thumbs Up 4

Keep a eye on this chart....Indian rupee- Thai baht....Notice any thing?...The rupee has gone nowhere but down for the last 70 years....

Its now payback time....The Rupee is some what closely allied with the Dollar sooooo.....I say the baht has a looooooooong ways to fall...

Click to enlarge

From the Khaosod English Fakebook page...

"Caretaker PM Gen P__ Wong__wan said on Thursday he is not interfering with the Bank of Thailand's works. The remark came after P__ instructed Finance Minister Ark__ Term___apaisit to discuss with the Bank of Thailand to try to keep the baht to US dollar exchange rate at 35 baht to one US dollar.

The move came after the baht weakened to 37 baht to one US dollar last week. When asked on Wednesday by reporters what's the appropriate exchange rate should be, P__ said, "Will I know? I don't know."

🐷

https://www.khaosodenglish.com

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish

Edited by lazarus
@@

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just sent yesterday over a good amount over to our bank account.....37 is a great number for US.....sweet! 

I've been doing the same the last couple of months. Every time the $ passed a whole number increase (35, 36, 37) I'd click on the "I'll take some more baht please" button. The great exchange rate has lessened the pain of watching my investments drop.

Do you have plans for coming back to Thailand to spend your accumulation of baht?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just sent yesterday over a good amount over to our bank account.....37 is a great number for US.....sweet! 

Yes 37 is great but it might very well just be a warm up for things to come...The Thai baht has been riding too high for far to long....

Hey someone has been keeping all those money losing Indian restaurants alive for years for a reason.....Pattaya will be absolutely flooded with Indians if the rupee continues its strong recovery....And the dollar will be joining the party too... 

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, fforest said:

Hey someone has been keeping all those money losing Indian restaurants alive for years for a reason.

I've always thought of them as part of a Work Permit business .. a bit like having a Muay Thai resort as an Education Visa business..

But anyways, let's all enjoy the ride as the Baht plunges like 'twas 1997 ... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've always thought of them as part of a Work Permit business .. a bit like having a Muay Thai resort as an Education Visa business..

But anyways, let's all enjoy the ride as the Baht plunges like 'twas 1997 ... 

The problem with the 1997 chart is, any thing that goes straight up usually comes straight down...Kind of like smoking crack.....Charts that have slow steady rises have staying power that last for years and years even decades..

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

The problem with the 1997 chart is, any thing that goes straight up usually comes straight down...Kind of like smoking crack.....Charts that have slow steady rises have staying power that last for years and years even decades..

Yep, but it was so much fun at the time!

Also, I doubt that I have another decade left in me !!

• Sad 1

If you look at the dollar baht chart the next real resistance level is about 41 and then 42 and the next would be 44 then 49 then the 1997 peak....

I think 37 to 41 will happen pretty fast the rest will take some time....I am not brave enough to make a long term prediction....Let just say I think the bahts going a lot lower and leave it at that... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I first posted about a potential falling baht a year ago....See September 14th 2021 when I made my first post about what I was seeing in the chart then....Page 68.....

And just to be clear here I am not particularly smart.....I am just a hack chart reader and not even a good one... But the bottom rupee chart formation was looking very probable to me at the time.....