TransferWise - Wise (Threads Merged)

Stillearly

26 minutes ago, KWA said:

I use TSB but don't require an OTP when making transfers, only when adding a new recipient.

Is that direct from your bank account? I am using my TSB Credit Card account that needs OTP verification on transfers over 100 quid. Have you added a new recipient in the last 2 weeks by any chance???

(There is a reason why I am using a CC rather than my Debit Card or my bank account but it is a long winded, drawn out explanation)

18 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Is that direct from your bank account? I am using my TSB Credit Card account that needs OTP verification on transfers over 100 quid. Have you added a new recipient in the last 2 weeks by any chance???

Yes, from my current account.

The last SMS I received from them was on Friday 23rd September.  It wasn't an OTP but appears to be from the same source as previous OTPs.  Last new recipient was a long while ago.

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

Yes, from my current account.

The last SMS I received from them was on Friday 23rd September.  It wasn't an OTP but appears to be from the same source as previous OTPs.  Last new recipient was a long while ago.

Thanks mate!

The upgrade was after the 23rd for sure but unless you are expecting an SMS from them you won't know if it is working or not.

I will probably call them on Friday if nobody on here gets back to me.

Thank you again for your help.

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks mate!

The upgrade was after the 23rd for sure but unless you are expecting an SMS from them you won't know if it is working or not.

I will probably call them on Friday if nobody on here gets back to me.

Thank you again for your help.

I just cleared my laptop of cookies on the TSB site which forced it to display this page as an untrusted device.

image.png

As you can see, I selected my Thai number (AIS) and the SMS came through no problem.

1 hour ago, KWA said:

I just cleared my laptop of cookies on the TSB site which forced it to display this page as an untrusted device.

image.png

As you can see, I selected my Thai number (AIS) and the SMS came through no problem.

Thanks!

I tried checking my DTAC mobile number using online banking (which has worked for 10 years prior to 2 weeks ago) but wasn't able to re-enter my 9 digit number as it required 10 digits!!!! You have to type it in because even on your own account it is xxxxxxx

Please don't try to check yours because you will enter the TSB spiral of S/W Engineering incompetence!

I have phoned them and they weren't able to do it either!!! So I have completed the online complaint form.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

I just sent money to Thailand and it took almost 24 hours to send the money to my bank account 

They used to be fast but not now 

That sounds awfully like a Thai bank holiday delay - there was one last week- just a guess / hunch for the delay as mine have normally been Instant

3 hours ago, AJSP said:

That sounds awfully like a Thai bank holiday delay - there was one last week- just a guess / hunch for the delay as mine have normally been Instant

That is generally my experience as well. Most recent was last week quite literally in seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, AJSP said:

That was today its still not showing in my account but got the message from wize that it has been sent to my account a couple of hours ago 

I'm also experiencing delays with Wise transfers these days, even for a small amount like £1,000.

Just a heads-up for anyone using it to bring money over that they'll use as proof of income for their retirement extension, several of the recent transfers didn't come from a UK bank but from what looks like a Thai business, Sawasdeeshop. As it didn't originate overseas, it won't count towards your income with Immigration.

• Great Info 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:29 AM, Toy Boy said:

Just a heads-up for anyone using it to bring money over that they'll use as proof of income for their retirement extension, several of the recent transfers didn't come from a UK bank but from what looks like a Thai business, Sawasdeeshop. As it didn't originate overseas, it won't count towards your income with Immigration.

Only transfers to their partner banks, BBL and Kasikorn I think, can be made to automatically show the  international annotation.

Sawadeeshop is Dee Money who have been a transfer partner for a while now.  If a transaction has come through them, international proof can be obtained by requesting a Foreign Exchange Transaction document from them.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 10/19/2022 at 8:33 PM, KWA said:

Finally I have had success!

I phoned through and they were able to change my DTAC to a 9 digit number..I also added my AIS number. As soon as she finished tippety tappying away I received an SMS to say that my number had been changed!

I then explained that my main problem was with TSB Mastercard OTPs since their last upgrade. She seemed to know the problem right away and started tippety tappying away and said that she had "fixed it for me". 

I am due to do another WISE transfer next week using my Mastercard...Let's see.!

• Like 2