Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

27 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Slow cooked beef- amateur hour alongside the pros above, it tasted when better than it looks in the picture. Was not too long ago I was getting by on ready meals so well happy😁

20201004_184533.jpg

I think you’ve done ok. Nice looking good and plate I must add 

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I usually put the cooker on around 10 and eat at 1800. I heard that you can't cook them for too long, so I went for the over night on low.

Being very much a novice cook, I am feeling my way slowly.

Next job is to learn how to make a good gravy to go with them, oh and to buy some proper mint sauce!

The sauce formed from the cooking process (the shanks are encased in a frozen rosemary and mint gravy) was given a small addition of Bisto granules (not a lot) to form a lovely sauce which really complimented the lamb.  Lamb just fell off the bone after 4.5 hours and I started it from frozen with just a bit of water to assist. Absolutely didn't need any more cooking but every slow cooker is an experience for you to measure how you like it.  Some sauces can dry up if cooked too much but trial and error will usually find you getting it perfect.

I scooped up every last drop of sauce from the cooker before adding the Bisto, just perfect.

The lamb shanks I had are below, a Northern Ireland company with lamb sourced from UK, New Zealand or Ireland.

Lamb shanks.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

The sauce formed from the cooking process (the shanks are encased in a frozen rosemary and mint gravy) was given a small addition of Bisto granules (not a lot) to form a lovely sauce which really complimented the lamb.  Lamb just fell off the bone after 4.5 hours and I started it from frozen with just a bit of water to assist. Absolutely didn't need any more cooking but every slow cooker is an experience for you to measure how you like it.  Some sauces can dry up if cooked too much but trial and error will usually find you getting it perfect.

I scooped up every last drop of sauce from the cooker before adding the Bisto, just perfect.

The lamb shanks I had are below, a Northern Ireland company with lamb sourced from UK, New Zealand or Ireland.

Lamb shanks.jpeg

Thanks for that, takes a bit of the guess work out. Are they precooked?

I am cooking meat direct from the butchers, I could have added gravy granules to the juices, I had plenty of them. Will try that next time. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thanks for that, takes a bit of the guess work out. Are they precooked?

I am cooking meat direct from the butchers, I could have added gravy granules to the juices, I had plenty of them. Will try that next time. Thanks.

Believe they have been slowly cooked before being frozen as the cooking process after purchase is not long if cooked further in a conventional oven;  believe some instructions include using a microwave as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Lamb shanks.jpeg

They look great .... there used to be a really good butcher by Villa Foods on lower Sukhumvit ... but, they are gone now ... I used to buy lamb shanks from him all the time ... now it seems that I can only find lamb shanks at Marco or Villa foods ....

Usually I just dig a pit on the beach and throw some Thai charcoal in the bottom of the pit .... thaw out the lamb shanks , soak in olive oil for a while ... then wrap them up with a shit load of garlic in alumina foil and palm leaves .... throw them into the pit .... I have this round grill top I put into the bottom of the pit that prevents them from sitting directly on the fire

Let them cook 4 - 5 hours .. man, they turn out great each time .... they will look a little burnt ... but, they aren't ... I think the olive oil keeps them super moist and prevents them from burning ... can't be sure about that though

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 3

I decided to have my second lamb shank reheated today on a bed of mash. There was quite a bit left having previously stripped all the meat off the bone. I heated it up in a separate container and just tipped it on top. I also had some beans left over from yesterday. Looks a mess but was really good.

IMG_20201006_49691.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

After an hour at HSBC, with a very cute staff to handle my account, straight off to the beach cantine.

Club sandwich, 2 glasses of red, the sound of the waves on the left, the music on the right, cute waitresses in the center....

20201007_120200_copy_1024x768.jpg

And I should worry about AIDS or some Chinese virus ? 

You know the answer...f**k all that, you live only once so fecking enjoy every minute of it ! 

It sure beats living amongst all the actual madness in Europe ! 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, boydeste said:

Tesco's beef Curry with Mexican rice lakeside. 

IMG-20201008-WA0014.jpeg

I'm a firm believer that there's nothing edible out there that a hand full of cheese wont make better. And this would be one of my favorite contenders. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:14 AM, boydeste said:

I decided to have my second lamb shank reheated today on a bed of mash. There was quite a bit left having previously stripped all the meat off the bone. I heated it up in a separate container and just tipped it on top. I also had some beans left over from yesterday. Looks a mess but was really good.

IMG_20201006_49691.jpg

You are turning into a damn good cook MrB

• Like 1