Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

I went for over 9 months recently, not being able to taste food and drink. It was a nightmare and most things tasted like cardboard. I now have about 90% of my taste buds back after they were destroyed by intense Radiotherapy treatment. Ii has all happened slowly over the last 6 months, but recently accelerated and its like discovering food all over again. My appetite has come back and I am actually enjoying most of what I put into my mouth but now getting addictive periods of certain foods. At the moment it is fishcakes with Thai sweet chili sauce and  coleslaw having had a run on Pizzas and  curry. 

I went for months, hardly cooking anything myself and living off protein supplement drinks. 

Those days are more or less gone and it's like discovering food all over again. I still can't fully appreciate a decent wine yet or  certain beers, but memory plays a large part in the process of my brain reaction to my sensory taste glands

There was a time when I thought that I would never enjoy food again but now when I visit the supermarket, everything is up for grabs except chicken which I still find bland and tasteless unless it's overwhelmed with spices. 

No pics today but sausages and poached eggs for breakfast I think. Not out of choice though😁

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

The sunny weather yesterday see me drinking in the garden of a mate after my walk. I couldn't be bothered to cook when I came home, so tinned beef curry on Mexican rice.  Looks crap but tastes great.

IMG_20210405_31849.jpg

Now that will stick to your ribs. Looks like something back in the day they would serve while out on the trail. Blazing Saddles style.

Just now, Glasseye said:

Now that will stick to your ribs. Looks like something back in the day they would serve while out on the trail. Blazing Saddles style.

It's standard fishing fare mate, easy and quick to knock up and tastes great.

55 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I went for over 9 months recently, not being able to taste food and drink. It was a nightmare and most things tasted like cardboard. I now have about 90% of my taste buds back after they were destroyed by intense Radiotherapy treatment. Ii has all happened slowly over the last 6 months, but recently accelerated and its like discovering food all over again. My appetite has come back and I am actually enjoying most of what I put into my mouth but now getting addictive periods of certain foods. At the moment it is fishcakes with Thai sweet chili sauce and  coleslaw having had a run on Pizzas and  curry. 

I went for months, hardly cooking anything myself and living off protein supplement drinks. 

Those days are more or less gone and it's like discovering food all over again. I still can't fully appreciate a decent wine yet or  certain beers, but memory plays a large part in the process of my brain reaction to my sensory taste glands

There was a time when I thought that I would never enjoy food again but now when I visit the supermarket, everything is up for grabs except chicken which I still find bland and tasteless unless it's overwhelmed with spices. 

No pics today but sausages and poached eggs for breakfast I think. Not out of choice though😁

Nice story. Glad that is coming back for you. I'm sure there were some difficult days through all of that, but you hung tough and got through it. 

I'd reckon since then not only a greater appreciation for food and the enjoyment of "letting something melt in your mouth", but the overall appreciation for life in general is much stronger. 

• Thanks 1