Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

24 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I bought a box grater to make hash browns for breakfast.

Untitled.png

IMG_1567 (2).png

I have a cheese grater like that. Has been in my family since I was a kid. 

I am kind of a sentimentalist.... I have held on to some things that many people may think of as odd. I still have our families basic salt an pepper shakers for example. Also a teapot and a water pitcher that I can remember since I was a little kid. 

Summer meals with the family. Dad's burgers, Illinois garden tomatoes and corn on the cob, sweet tea.... my bicycle parked right outside the door waiting to me to take off for the evenings festivities, my dog sniffing around my feet hoping for a handout. 

Life sure was good back then. It sure went fast. I try not to take it for granted and hold on to those memories. Keeps me going I reckon.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'm going to pick up some ribs tomorrow. On sale for $2.99/pound... not bad.

That’s what I paid for those in CAD$. Doesn’t go that low very often this year in Montreal, so I always try to jump on that. I’ll pay up to $4.50, but sometimes I see many weeks where it doesn’t go below $8

These were leaner , but my favourite pieces I ever bought were actually  from Walmart in Calgary. Just massive, misshapen things that looked like a map of North America, very thick

34 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

That’s what I paid for those in CAD$. Doesn’t go that low very often this year in Montreal, so I always try to jump on that. I’ll pay up to $4.50, but sometimes I see many weeks where it doesn’t go below $8

These were leaner , but my favourite pieces I ever bought were actually  from Walmart in Calgary. Just massive, misshapen things that looked like a map of North America, very thick

I tend to wait for the discounted stuff. I shoot for around $3/pound. Surprisingly I often find it, including from time to time good quality steaks. You just have to ponce on it when you see it, and eat it that day or freeze it. 

Those pork chops I posted a while back were cheap as chips, and friggen awesome (for well under $3/pound).

I have found that Tuesdays are usually the best days to find the discounted stuff... Fridays probably the worst.

30 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

My take on panzanella,  Tuscan bread salad.  I stuck to the traditional ingredients (toasted bread cubes, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, basil, parsley, olive oil, red wine vinager), except I added bacon for  flavor.

IMG_1572 (2).png

IMG_1571.png

Does the toasted bread chunks have a layer of garlic butter spread on them ...?? Hope so  - I can taste it in my mouth just looking at it !! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Does the toasted bread chunks have a layer of garlic butter spread on them ...?? Hope so  - I can taste it in my mouth just looking at it !! 

No butter, but olive oil with garlic.  However, I'll try spreading garlic butter on the bread chunks next time.  That's  a very good suggestion.

thumbs-up.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

No butter, but olive oil with garlic.  However, I'll try spreading garlic butter on the bread chunks next time.  That's  a very good suggestion.

thumbs-up.gif

May I suggest washing it down with a bottle of Gewurztraminer preferably in the company of a pretty young lady wearing a nice summer dress ....

31 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

May I suggest washing it down with a bottle of Gewurztraminer preferably in the company of a pretty young lady wearing a nice summer dress ....

I imagine Gewürztraminer might be a bit too sophisticated for the local liquor stores, but of course I could order it through them or on the Net.  More difficult in my current situation with a pretty young lady, unless relatives count.  That part will have to wait until I get back to Thailand.

Here's another dish that would pair well with Gewürztraminer:  pork chop baked with plums in a lime-orange juice sauce balanced with diced onion and a touch of honey.

IMG_1553 (3).png

IMG_1558 (2).JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2