Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

54 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Inspired by Chef Boydeste......

So... I came across a nice deal on chicken breast (skinless, boneless - $1.79/pound) at my local Harris Teeter (actually there are three of them within a 5 minute drive). 

That’s a great price. I eat lots of chicken, and the best I ever see here in Montreal is about $2 CAD a pound for legs, and that’s really shopping around. Boneless/skinless, fresh in a smaller package, is bare minimum $4, and again that’s on sale. Best deal is usually a 4 kg box of frozen, I used to see that for $27 in Calgary but that’s gone up too

Theres lots of talk about food inflation these days, but I honestly cannot complain. Montreal has an awesome choice of markets, and now with APPS there always good deals. The French news was talking about how bacon is up 20% or so, and making it out like your whole grocery bill went up 20%…..bacon is too high? Easy look for a sale or don’t eat it or buy a kilo instead of 12 Oz package

Edit: Never heard of Harris Teeter either, looks like a great store. Used Fry’s all the time my 6 months in Arizona, no complaints there, especially  when our dollar was worth a dime more than USD

Edited by Golfingboy

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

That’s a great price. I eat lots of chicken, and the best I ever see here in Montreal is about $2 CAD a pound for legs, and that’s really shopping around. Boneless/skinless, fresh in a smaller package, is bare minimum $4, and again that’s on sale. Best deal is usually a 4 kg box of frozen, I used to see that for $27 in Calgary but that’s gone up too

Theres lots of talk about food inflation these days, but I honestly cannot complain. Montreal has an awesome choice of markets, and now with APPS there always good deals. The French news was talking about how bacon is up 20% or so, and making it out like your whole grocery bill went up 20%…..bacon is too high? Easy look for a sale or don’t eat it or buy a kilo instead of 12 Oz package

I have to admit... It was a large pack. Six giant breast pieces in the pack. I rarely buy big packs like that, but couldn't resist this time. Used 3 in the crock pot (I will get at least 5 meals out of it). The 3 others will be used later in a different fry up. 

Cheers !

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Inspired by Chef Boydeste......

Crock Pot chicken in mushroom soup.

So... I came across a nice deal on chicken breast (skinless, boneless - $1.79/pound) at my local Harris Teeter (actually there are three of them within a 5 minute drive). 

I cut up and threw 3 of the breast into the crock - Added:

3 cans of Progresso chicken, mushroom barley soup

1 pint of fresh mushrooms

A handful of grape tomatoes 

1 cut up green pepper

2 bay leaves, various spices, salt and pepper

let simmer in the crock pot for 6 hours ---   

Wa la -          served with brown rice

crock.jpg

crock2.jpg

Nice job mate.