Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

3 hours ago, tko said:

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Thanksgiving.jpg

Our evolution of the meal in Thailand:

At the start, we source a hard to find in our area turkey which was ridiculously expensive.  We pull leftover turkey out of the freezer for months.

Later, we switch to chicken.  A 3kg bird could usually be found in the freezer section.

Now, we just get the parts we want.  If three people want a drumstick, get three, etc.  They also roast faster than a whole bird and there's less waste

Happy Thanksgiving mate. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Looks like that cook has a lot on the ball. Very nice... rather exotic for sure. 

Yeah...my buddy likes his food. We enjoyed dinner parties at his older bother's back in our high school days.

Rack of pork (@ Costco) is a good deal & has endless leftover options. Much easier than turkey.

20211125_165217.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...my buddy likes his food. We enjoyed dinner parties at his older bother's back in our high school days.

Rack of pork (@ Costco) is a good deal & has endless leftover options. Much easier than turkey.

20211125_165217.jpg

My sister took a break away from her lazy daze and decided to do a really nice dinner. Basic, classic style, but very nice.

As she was wrapping up the take away bundle she fixed up for me, as I was leaving.... I looked over at the stove and there was the big ol roasting pan (square with a lid, vents) that my parents used when roasting turkeys. Damn thing is a family heirloom. It has been in the family since the 50's.

Funny, the things I get excited about.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/25/2021 at 3:53 PM, boydeste said:

Came past the chip shop on the way home from my walk. The smell wofted by my nose. Too good to pass by.

20211125_181820.jpg

Damn that looks good. Is that little pieces of garlic in that gravy ?

Those crispies look delightful as well. Throw a little vineger on those babies and wowser. I wish I could pick up something like that around here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

They look bloody excellent!

I would love to know where in Pattaya I can get a rack of pork with that much meat on!

I have shopped at all major suppliers. It seems that here the butcher shaves off some of the meat (A LOT of the meat!) or they just don't feed the pigs enough of the right food before slaughter.

The meatiest ribs I have had here were from Pizza Company delivery !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They look bloody excellent!

I would love to know where in Pattaya I can get a rack of pork with that much meat on!

I have shopped at all major suppliers. It seems that here the butcher shaves off some of the meat (A LOT of the meat!) or they just don't feed the pigs enough of the right food before slaughter.

The meatiest ribs I have had here were from Pizza Company delivery !

Yeah...tasty.

Made for a nice meal of leftovers the next  night, too. Added a little Carolina BBQ Sauce for flavour. 

20211126_184110.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...tasty.

Made for a nice meal of leftovers the next  night, too. Added a little Carolina BBQ Sauce for flavour. 

20211126_184110.jpg

I hope there is coarsely crushed garlic in the mashed spuds!

Aaaah! Memories of my best afternoon in "Bite Me" getting the girls to try their hand at cooking garlic mash, washing it down with champagne and letting loose massive belches!! I bet the place always had the natural aroma of a French Bistro each time I left ..!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yeah...tasty.

20211126_184110.jpg

Ah yesss. Carolina BBQ Sauce. 

Get you a nice pork shoulder, some onions and garlic and a bottle of that - throw it in a crock pot and come back 8-10 hours later. 

Can eat for days off that. I usually freeze half for later. Always tasty.