Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Minced Quorn with stir fry Chinese vegetable's, mixed beans, sticky rice, chow mein sauce, spiced with various Asian spices and cayenne pepper.

IMG_20211127_150419.jpg

Gal...  The vegan stuff you post looks very tasty.

I'm going to have to give vegan a good go when I get back to CM. It should be a good place for that as they have numerous great vegan places throughout the city (easy to get to also).

I don't plan to give up meat altogether, but having a go at many of those tasty dishes gives me something to look forward to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now very very drunk , two bottles of white and three Magnums between five ... then out for a few more

31F4A428-FBA7-4528-B09D-1108998FE285.jpeg

EA994868-F35B-4310-9729-FF45BCBE3666.jpeg

D3DCC9A2-C60B-4F47-85F7-C00971198FCB.jpeg

B324C2AE-8366-4DCC-9909-EEEE3FF97999.jpeg

Seafood for starters   Suckling Pig for main course.. £140 a head , could have a big day out for that in Thailand 😜

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Gal...  The vegan stuff you post looks very tasty.

I'm going to have to give vegan a good go when I get back to CM. It should be a good place for that as they have numerous great vegan places throughout the city (easy to get to also).

I don't plan to give up meat altogether, but having a go at many of those tasty dishes gives me something to look forward to.

Good man. 

We should all cut down a bit on meat consumption really, animal farming is one of the most destructive effects on our planet. Even if people only did it once or twice a week. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Now very very drunk , two bottles of white and three Magnums between five ... then out for a few more

31F4A428-FBA7-4528-B09D-1108998FE285.jpeg

EA994868-F35B-4310-9729-FF45BCBE3666.jpeg

D3DCC9A2-C60B-4F47-85F7-C00971198FCB.jpeg

B324C2AE-8366-4DCC-9909-EEEE3FF97999.jpeg

Seafood for starters   Suckling Pig for main course.. £140 a head , could have a big day out for that in Thailand 😜

What's the last picture of?, looks lovely. 

8 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Just bought an air fryer today, not used it yet, how does it match up to pan frying bacon?

Think it's brilliant for bacon , sausages, chicken wings ....

not 100% convinced when it comes to chips and onion rings ..

but obviously it's much healthier,I only use the 1 cal spray , if anything..

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Good man. 

We should all cut down a bit on meat consumption really, animal farming is one of the most destructive effects on our planet. Even if people only did it once or twice a week. 

I am now managing one day a week with the intention of having 2 veggie days this week. I've read that veggie burgers are just as unhealthy as beefburgers.

I am a "one pot" kinda guy (mainly because of the washing up!). Do you have any good ideas of what to bung in a slow cooker to make a meal for one? Since my days working around PRC my favourite veggie is purple aubergine and garlic which I can do in the microwave with oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce but I can't eat it every day!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am now managing one day a week with the intention of having 2 veggie days this week. I've read that veggie burgers are just as unhealthy as beefburgers.

I am a "one pot" kinda guy (mainly because of the washing up!). Do you have any good ideas of what to bung in a slow cooker to make a meal for one? Since my days working around PRC my favourite veggie is purple aubergine and garlic which I can do in the microwave with oyster sauce and teriyaki sauce but I can't eat it every day!!!

Don't have a slow cooker so not sure what you can cook in it.

I just mainly stir fry or roast in the oven,and it's pretty much a case of replacing meat with the vegan version, and the quality and taste of the products are pretty decent usually. Never gonna be as good as genuine meat but I was never a big meat eater anyway, couple of times a week.

Dairy is pretty replaceable with things like almond,soya, coconut milk etc, dairy free butter. Cheese is probably the one you need to try different ones,a lot is not that great, but I get vegan Mexicana from Waitrose and that's good.

Definitely found cutting out meat and dairy makes weight fall off you, can still eat decent amount of food and still lose weight easier than when I had them in my diet.

Congratulations on making the effort mate, small changes slowly can benefit both you and the environment/planet.👍

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, galenkia said:

I just mainly stir fry or roast in the oven,and it's pretty much a case of replacing meat with the vegan version, and the quality and taste of the products are pretty decent usually.

When cooking for myself I almost always use my little mini-oven. For years I have been putting frozen sprouts, garlic cloves, fresh carrot and onion in with whatever meat I have been cooking so for my "veggie day" I just replaced the meat with veggie burgers. Simples!

• Thumbs Up 1